“Horrible small room and tore up rollaway bed!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Omaha
“Horrible small room and tore up rollaway bed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm so confused because the nice, clean, spacious, photos online look nothing like the room/hotel we had! We got in and there was almost no parking left. The receptionist Mike was very nice; however, I told him we were going back out and asked what we do if there is no more parking. He said park wherever I can find room even if you have to make your own parking space. There was also a loud bar with music connected to the hotel. And the room itself was horrible and had very old tile ceiling with stains on it and several tiles barely glued in and cracked. There was an old glass window in the bathroom that opens like mini blinds right to a tree. The bed skirt was stained. The furniture was outdated and the chair upholstery was ripped. The box TV was probably older than my 11 year old daughter. I'm surprised it worked! The room was very stuffy even with the air conditioner on. There were two cats meowing and walking around the hotel grounds looking for food. There were several ants in the room and who knows how many more were there that we didn't see. And the worst part...there were five of us so we asked for two double beds and a roll away bed. We had to pay extra for the roll away and when we got to our room a man knocked on the door and told my 15-year-old son to come help him bring the bed upstairs because he couldn't do it himself! Not only that but the bed was tied shut with a plastic bag! It also had a broken wheel so it wouldn't lay flat. And you think that's bad? The bed had a big dark stain on it and several other smaller stains. The room was so small the rollaway didn't really fit anywhere. This was a huge fire hazard. So I called the receptionist to ask if they had another room or another rollaway bed and they said no. They only offered to bring more blankets to put on the rollaway bed. Then they never even arrived with the additional blankets so all 3 kids slept in one bed. I'll never come back here. Even my kids were begging to leave! The caulking around the bathtub was coming loose. The room was still very dark even with both lamps lit. The only positives were that there was an iron, a coffee maker, alarm clock, shampoo, and soap. This was a horrible experience for both me and my kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just came back home from spending a night at this hotel. All in all the hotel is fine. Our room was very clean, the bed and pillows very comfortable. The AC worked fine. We booked a one queen bed room. The room was on the small side. But perfect for just the two of us. The only downside for us was that our room was next to the main road. So can hear all the traffic and planes. However, I took a Benadryl and heard nothing. LOL
will d

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear laplaya00612,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. It always puts a smile on our face when we hear back from guests who enjoy their stay with us. I will be sure to notify housekeeping of the good job they did in preparing your room. These girls work hard every day to ensure our guests comfort. If you are going to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to see you get a bigger room. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post a review.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although we arrived at the airport after midnight, we didn't have to wait long for the van to pick us up. The hotel was close, informed of our arrival, and fine for the price. Lourdes at reception was very cheerful (for 2 a.m., too!) and helpful. The airport van runs regularly and on time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott D
Dear Scott D,

Thank you for writing a review of the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that the airport shuttle picked you up in a timely manner. Our close proximity to the airport allows our drivers to constantly circle, looking for guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lourdes. I see her most everyday and she always has a smile on her face. Our front desk staff are the first people our guests encounter, and they do a great job of making our guests feel welcome. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Joseph Katz
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!