“Shuttle service to and from the airport was one of my...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed there the night of march 22/13, prior to our cruise. What a let down. We booked this because we were trying to find something close to the dolphin mall which is in the area. When we looked on line, we liked that there was a shuttle from the airport as well as one to the cruise terminal for free. However, we both were sure that it also claimed to have a shuttle to the mall and breakfast which we discovered was not the case. What motels these days doesn't Include breakfast especially for 206.00 plus taxes. The room was disgusting and the safe wouldn't work and the toilet ran all night despite our complaints. This place is I. The middle of nowhere and not a good idea without a car.

Room Tip: If you want a good room then stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We booked this motel months ago once we had booked cruise holiday. Admittedly it was booked primarily for the transportation from the airport and transportation to the cruise port of Miami being free - and it did not disappoint us at all in either aspect. Just tip the drivers a couple of dollars - no problem with that!
We had a room which was outside in one of the blocks and have no complaint at all about it. It was clean, functional and was what we expected it to be. Bed was excellent and shower worked well. Hairdryer worked well. We were given clear instructions on how to reach the room and were quickly and efficiently checked in.
Also as this was booked and paid for in full prior to arriving we had no problems when checking out.
We had asked for a Non Smoking room and that is what we got.
We looked on V-pike prior to arriving to see what was around in the way of pubs and eateries and on arrival went down street to local pub and had drinks and a great meal (Toms Sport Bar). Entertainment was good as it was St Patricks Day and the locals were celebrating well.
Some of the people who review this motel must be expecting the Ritz. However, they did seem to be revamping rooms in the hotel part itself as new furniture was going in the morning we left.

Room Tip: After reading reviews on this site was expecting to find a doss hole but maybe some peoples' exp...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! after reading the reviews on this hotel we gave it the benefit of the doubt since we were in town for an event and had slim pickings in the area(they charged us an arm and a leg). Upon arrival the office area had a strong moldy odor however the staff seemed very welcoming and extremely nice. Our room seemed decent aside from a faint odor as well and there were some type of nats in the shower. We settled in by having a drink in the bar with the comp drinks they gave us at the front desk where we met the shuttle driver for the hotel and more of the staff (they were also drinking) on the fifth night of our seven day stay we came back to the hotel around 11:30pm and our DO NOT DISTURB sign had been removed from outside our door. As i proceeded inside the room i noticed that my purse was dumped upside down on the bed and all of our belongings had been rummaged through. Immidiately after, i noticed that my laptop which i had left on the table was missing. SOMEONE HAD BROKEN INTO OUR ROOM. All of our belongings were tossed around. the safe was opened and someone had stolen around $3000 worth of jewelery and belongings from our room while we were gone. We immidiately called the police and filed a report where they stated that there were no signs of forced entry therefore a key card was used to gain entry to our room (most likely an employee). Thereafter the customer service was HORRIBLE. No one seemed to care about what was going on, they acted non chalant and i was unable to get in contact with a manager for 3 days after.(this happened on saturday night and it was the managers "day off" until monday) dont you think in this type of situation a manager needs to be present or at least show some type of concern? apparently not.By tuesday once i got in contact with one of the managers all they had to say was im sorry, we do not have cameras aiming towards the rooms and if you would like to take further action then go ahead and do so.neglegant and REDICULOUS. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Where do I start? No bellman, so I wandered through the labyrinth style upstairs corridors with my luggage. These are the ugliest, dirtiest looking, smelliest hallways that you could imagine in a hotel. I would bet many people ask for a refund before they even get to their room! When I got to my room, I couldn't open the door. It sounded like the keycard system was unlocking but it didn't work. I wandered back through the labyrinth & got a new key - same thing. I then dropped my shoulder into the door & it opened. It wasn't the key, just that the door was jammed in the doorframe! This was the same for my entire stay.

The bathroom was terrible. I had to limit my shower to 4-5 minutes max or else the water overflowed from the floor because the drain barely worked. The shower curtain was on a rod that curved away & back from the straight sided shower stall, so regardless of the overflow, the floor was always soaked.

The cleaning service was poor - I ordered takeaway to my room the first night as I got in late. On returning the second evening, I had a made up bed, fresh(very old & thin) towels & empty takeway boxes still sitting on the floor next to the tiny wastepaper bin(which had been emptied).

Redeeming features - the bed was OK & the free wifi worked well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!