“Not Worth the Money - Will Not Stay Here Again” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
virginia
“Not Worth the Money - Will Not Stay Here Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel has two things going for it: 10 minutes to the MIA airport and a free shuttle. Other than that, it is a loser for the exorbitant price of $89 per night. The bad news:

- had to wait 35 minutes for the shuttle to come and pick me up. This is after calling twice.

- non-working phone in room. Spoke with front desk, but gave up waiting for them to turn it on.

- broken shower fixture so I was unable to get hot water - only lukewarm water.

- broken hair dryer

- no free breakfast (not even continental). Come on, many hotels now have this...

- clean room, but definitely older hotel.

- front desk staff were cordial, but really did not want to hear about my list of complaints.

For the same amount of money, if you need a hotel for the night, go to the Runway Inn (down the street). At least you can have a free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked this hotel through Expedia.ca. This hotel is really old, rooms are dated. But the main reason I booked this hotel was the free shuttle to and from the airport and to the Port of Miami. If you are taking the shuttle from the airport, just be prepared to wait, up to 45 minutes, as there are quite a number of passengers/customers who are also booked in the same hotel. I booked two rooms, 6 months in advance, before and after our cruise, and I have called several times prior to our arrival that a rollaway bed is requested, and every time, I was guaranteed a yes. When the time came, naturally, there was none available, but Ariel, front desk staff, made sure that we got one, so I guess they must have gotten one from their sister hotel, Comfort Inn, next door, the bell boy/porter, was huffing and puffing to our room, second floor; mind you, there are no elevators in this facility, so be ready to carry your own luggage upstairs. So that was great! But when we returned, post cruise, the same drill, we got in early from our cruise shortly after 10 AM, and we were assured by Ariel that the rollaway bed will be in our room, but when we returned after lunch, all rollaway beds were taken, with Ariel gone, front desk clerk did not budge. Paid for 5 people in the room, and question was, where would I let my son sleep? My husband came back, with 3 comforters, a couple of linens but without a pillow.Needless to say, my son had to sleep on the dingy carpet on top of stacked comforters and linens. Not very impressed. After the cruise, we stayed at the back building, at room 308, and there was like tiny walk in closet, my husband accidentally left his jacket in that closet, after repeated calls and follow ups, I was told that they will search for it, but every time I call, I will be instructed to leave a voice message. Two weeks later, to date, I have yet to hear the outcome of their search, although front desk clerk, Damari, did mention about a black jacket, even without me disclosing yet the colour of the missing jacket.
Overall, this hotel is average, it's ideal for cruisers, pre and post cruise, and the free shuttle is great. If you need a shuttle back to the hotel from the port, just make sure to book a reservation before you leave for the cruise at front desk, the shuttle company is KSA shuttle and they only charge $10 per person, as opposed to taking a cab. There's a McDonalds close by and a gasoline station next door, which sells a variety of food, drinks, even t shirts and some souvenirs. The computer in this hotel wasn't working, so I couldn't print our boarding passes, but I was told to go to Comfort Inn, that had better facilities. So, if you are wanting a better hotel, cleaner, more modern, with free continental breakfast and a shuttle, book a room at Comfort Inn instead.

Room Tip: Request to stay at the back building, it had bigger rooms, don't stay at the main building, room...