“when we arrived we found candy wrappers and other small...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel has a great location and it's an older structure. But there are some really basic things that they need to pay attention to. The place simply isn't clean. There was debris on the carpet everywhere. The instruction on how to use the in-room safe had been ripped off the top so you were on your own to figure out how it worked. We tried to print out our boarding passes for a very early a.m. flight but the printer was out of ink. When we told the front desk staff they shrugged and said the best we could do is walk over to the Comfort Suites and use their printer. The electrical outlets were in poor condition to the point of being unsafe. I wouldn't want a small child in the room. These are small and relatively inexpensive fixes that if they stayed on top of it, could make this a good budget hotel. At this point I won't go back again until I see reviews that say these small but important issues have been rectified.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have to agree with the majority on this one, the motel was absolutely revolting! We needed a place to stay when we missed a flight and had to take one early the next morning. We have a baby and asked for a nonsmoking room but got a room that smelled musky and a bit like smoke to me. We were right above the lounge and heard loud music and shouting the whole night, as a result our baby cried the whole time. The windows we thin and we heard the traffic outside on the busy road,nit did feel like we were camping out on the street. I considered asking for another room or complaining but figured I would just get through the night and was never so excited to leave the hotel in the morning! I was looking for something cheap but had no idea it was this bad!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel over night upon our arrival before our cruise. The hotel employees were very friendly. However, I can't say anything good for the hotel. The first thing my husband said when he walked into our room after looking around was "Well, at least it's only one night". The room wasn't clean and the whole hotel had a musty smell. There was mold in between the tiles in the shower that reminded me of something you would see in a horror film. Our room was on the corner back of the building by the parking lot. At 11pm, we could hear people outside talking as if they were right outside our window. When we first arrived we just dropped our luggage in our room and went to meet a local family member for dinner. We returned and had drinks in the lounge. I think we were the only customers in there that were not locals. The lounge area was ok. When we finally went to retire in our room, we turned on the TV and nothing. My husband tried to change inputs and everything on the TV. Nothing. I called the front desk and they sent someone from maintanence. The maintanence guy went through the smae things my hisband already had done. Still nothing. The maintanence guy then said you'll have to call the front desk for a refund. He didn't check any cables, connectors or anything else. I called the front desk and asked for another room and was told that there were negative 1 rooms available that I would have to talk to a manager in the morning for compensation. When I checked out, my room ended up being only $10 cheaper then it would have been if I had paid full price. I really needed the TV to get to sleep with. My husband and I have decided we will not be staying at this hotel again. As a final FYI, this hotel is franchised and not owned by Day's Inn. I would think, however, if their name was affiliated with a hotel, that they would insure that they would have the accomadations to give their name a good word.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!