“Disneyworld vacation” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fredericton Junction
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here during a cruise we took from Miami. We selected the motel because of the Days Inn name as well as the fact they provided free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the port. Our first night we stayed in 610- large room but very dated. The bathroom left much to be desired. The toilet was loose and we always felt like it was going to tip over. TV only showed about 8 of the 25 channels that were suppose to be available. The second night we stayed in 510- the carpets were so dirty that our soles of our feet were literally black! I washed my feet and within minutes they were black again. Absolutely disgusting. My feet actually felt like they were burning. The bathroom wasn't vented and the tub was awful. The AC was falling off the wall. One bed had bad springs on one side. The only thing that worked was the TV and it had 25 stations-- all worked unlike in 610! I am expecting a call from the general manager as I feel that the carpets are totally unsafe. I expressed my concerns to the front desk staff and filled out a detailed form. I also sent a detailed email to the manager. I paid 120.00 for the room and want my money back along with an apology and an assurance that something will be done to remedy the situation. I also plan to look into contacting some sort of Public health official in the Miami area. The Motel has major issues like mold, run down rooms, and a general "dirty" feel. It should be looked at seriously and either brought up to code or closed. That is my feel on it anyway

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear James H,
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel including problems with the carpet in your room. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. In fact I have already spoken to our maintenance and housekeeping crew regarding your comments. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Middleboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here on 2/7/2013. It has got to be the dirtiest place I've ever stayed! Thankfully it was only one night but my friends and I slept with the light on all night (what little sleep we got) in hopes of keeping an bugs at bay. Mold in the bathroom walls & ceiling, stains on the chairs and carpet, big holes that had been poorly patched, long black hair on the bathroom wall... If it hadn't been so late with a terribly early flight out, we would have left. Slept in our clothes with the lights on. They should have paid us to stay!

Room Tip: Select another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HilaryWood,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that you had this kind of experience with our hotel. My team takes a lot of pride keeping our hotel up to our guest’s expectations. I am very sorry that your experience was not up to par. I assure you that we take cleanliness very seriously and we have addressed this issue so that no other guests have this type of problem in the future. Every last detail matters to our guests and we do our best to exceed those expectations. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could provide the accommodations you were expecting.
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here and did the snooze and cruise and for the price you couldn't beat it, however with all the aggravation we went through we should have paid more. They couldn't find our reservation, when we got to our room there was a distinct odor, later we asked to change because we didn't want to get sick which they did accommodate us but it took about 30 minutes to figure out a new room. We were told they were updating and it needs it, lots of things wrong and it looked like the hallways never got vacuumed. My credit card got charged twice, and the lady that was trying to figure out kept waiting on people before getting back to me which was frustrating..really not my idea of fun on a vacation. Figured that out and finally got it taken care of. We rented a car and returned it friday and then was going to take there free shuttle service back, we WAITED 1 hour and 45 minutes before we got back to the hotel and that is with us taking a taxi. I made numerous calls to see where the shuttle was, we saw her pass twice. The last call the guy had the nerve to ask am I waiting in the right place, yes I went where you told me and we saw her go by twice. So he finally told us to take a taxi and they would pay, not to mention we had people waiting on us to go out for dinner. Pay more and stay somewhere else, I will say Catherine was one employee that was super nice and accommodating and tried to help us. The complimentary drink had to either be beer, glass of wine or house vodka..not many choices. The breakfast wasn't bad though, I will give them that you could order at the cafe..omelet, bagel, croissant etc. They also charge an extra 2.00 a day for there safe use..it is an automatic charge and you have to tell them at check out you didn't use it. Spend the extra money and save yourself a headache and DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear h0ckeygirl36,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. In contrast, I am delighted to read that you mentioned one of our staff members name. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!