“it sucked” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
WELLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We thought that we were safe booking with Days Inn on our way back from our cruise, we booked a dbl bed room and paid over $ 130,00 for the night. the room smelled stale, we are not sure if new sheets were used, not enough towels in the bathroom. toilet wasn't working, would'nt flush, had to call the maintenance twice to fix the problem. very noisy, the front window curtain had all kinds of stains on it, sole of our feet turned black just walking on the carpet, had to wash our feet, and keep our shoes on, inspite of wanting to rest the first thing that everyone wants to do is take their shoes off and relax, we were unable to do so.
The next morning we got up early to catch the shuttle to the airport, while waiting, my daughter looked for a bathroom in the lobby, couldn't find one, I was asked to go back to the room to use the facility. I thought a Days Inn hotel would be provide Basic essential such as a bathroom in the lobby. unfortunatley we made a wrong choice, It was a waste of money for us. They also charged us $1.00 each for the phone calls we made locally to order food, and we were also charged $2.00 for the safety locker provided in the room which we didn't even use. very dissapointing! we just stayed in Miami for a extra day to relax and to have a good day but ended up being a very bad day, total waste of money. We will not stay at a Days Inn in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Kumud J,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I wanted to take the time and apologize that you had issue during your stay. We strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations, but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our management team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I could give this hotel minus points I would. DO NOT STAY HERE

Here are highlights from my stay:
1) At 12:45 AM someone tried to get into my room with a key and then tried pushing the door open; luckily I had on the extra lock. This was followed by a call at ~1 AM from the reception desk asking me my name and the name of the person who checked me in. How would I know? AND it's 1 AM!!! Apparently, the initial reception guy put the wrong room number on the registration card and this became my problem.
2) No hot water in shower. I let it run for 5 mins - still no go. I called the front desk guy who said to "let it run" for 15 mins!!!! So I did - but still no hot water, only a lot of water on the b"room floor. When I went to brush my teeth, there was only hot water in the sink - no cold. I had a major presentation to do that day - it would have been nice to be able to take a shower.
3) Nasty, seedy carpet throughout the hotel and in the room - made my feet/ankles itch
4) No elevator
5) Room was by a noisy parking lot - many alarms and loud noises from the window throughout the night.
6) Outlets did not hold my charger. I had to put a chair up against it to make it stay in the wall.

The 2 things that were okay: shuttle service and bed comfortable (not that I got much sleep).
But NOT worth paying any money. FIND ANOTHER OPTION!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rachel M,

MINNEAPOLIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

DO NOT ORDER FROM FLYERS PLACED UNDER THE DOOR. The food was awful and it took 1hr 30min to get it. When I called back to get a refund they said they would be back right away they never showed back up. I asked the stay for another place to order from and they gave me another pizza place called papas and it was great. Ask they staff where to order from please save your money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear BRENDA S,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. When traveling to new areas always inquire at the front desk on what restaurants they would recommend. We train our front desk to know areas of interest and what restaurants deliver to our hotel or that are in walking distance. If staying with us again I would recommend the café inside our hotel or the Peruvian restaurant two blocks away. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!