“sorry to say terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs

893 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I could give this hotel minus points I would. DO NOT STAY HERE

Here are highlights from my stay:
1) At 12:45 AM someone tried to get into my room with a key and then tried pushing the door open; luckily I had on the extra lock. This was followed by a call at ~1 AM from the reception desk asking me my name and the name of the person who checked me in. How would I know? AND it's 1 AM!!! Apparently, the initial reception guy put the wrong room number on the registration card and this became my problem.
2) No hot water in shower. I let it run for 5 mins - still no go. I called the front desk guy who said to "let it run" for 15 mins!!!! So I did - but still no hot water, only a lot of water on the b"room floor. When I went to brush my teeth, there was only hot water in the sink - no cold. I had a major presentation to do that day - it would have been nice to be able to take a shower.
3) Nasty, seedy carpet throughout the hotel and in the room - made my feet/ankles itch
4) No elevator
5) Room was by a noisy parking lot - many alarms and loud noises from the window throughout the night.
6) Outlets did not hold my charger. I had to put a chair up against it to make it stay in the wall.

The 2 things that were okay: shuttle service and bed comfortable (not that I got much sleep).
But NOT worth paying any money. FIND ANOTHER OPTION!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Rachel M,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I wanted to take the time and apologize that you had issue during your stay. We strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations, but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our management team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

MINNEAPOLIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

DO NOT ORDER FROM FLYERS PLACED UNDER THE DOOR. The food was awful and it took 1hr 30min to get it. When I called back to get a refund they said they would be back right away they never showed back up. I asked the stay for another place to order from and they gave me another pizza place called papas and it was great. Ask they staff where to order from please save your money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear BRENDA S,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. When traveling to new areas always inquire at the front desk on what restaurants they would recommend. We train our front desk to know areas of interest and what restaurants deliver to our hotel or that are in walking distance. If staying with us again I would recommend the café inside our hotel or the Peruvian restaurant two blocks away. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Milton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

this place is the worst I have ever been to,I always say something positive about even the worst but I cant say anything positive about here,its not worth (why do you think they offer this service) the transportation to the port or to the airport this place is just plain( NASTY, SMELLY, DIRTY, BROKEN DOWN.dont stay here unless you have had your third world shots and love bugs.yes I checked out three rooms all the same I had a none refundable room but told them no thanks I would rather eat 79 dollars than stay here Im not slaming this place because I fell cheeted or anything the person at the front desk did try to get me a good room attemped anyway.and no one was rude or anything they seemed like they dident want to rent these rooms to anyone either

Room Tip: there are no good rooms here I checked the flats and the main building IF YOU ARE GOING HERE JUST FO...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kyle m,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter is staying there today. There was no problem with the shuttle from the airport and the room is clean and comfortable. There is no coffee shop available on the premises or adjacent to the motel. She had to walk to a little store nearby to get a few basics to tide her over until tomorrow. The place is OK if you are between flights and need a place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Austex_2101,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. I am surprised to read that your daughter did not see the café we have in the lobby. They serve coffee and are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In contrast, I am happy she found the room comfortable and the shuttle services on time. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is well located near Miami airport and offers free shuttle therefrom to the cruiseport. I recommend it for economy & location. Do not expect anything else. The cost of the room is reasonable. We stayed one night and left mid-morning. McDonald’s, etc. is conveniently down the street if you need breakfast.

Didn’t like … slow pick up at the airport and early departure to the cruiseport, but there’s no charge. Didn’t like … cleanliness, which is limited to clean sheets and bathroom.

But this is a slam-dunk to reallocate a sum of money (which you would spend for a 12 hour stay) to a more interesting expenditure. Especially when in 3 hours’ time you will be pampered in the lap of luxury on your cruiseship.

Room Tip: Express preference for a room away from the front avenue traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear kaldort,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be an excellent value and that it was very practical for the start of your vacation. Every day we work hard getting guests taken to the Port of Miami in a timely fashion. Other hotels in the area charge for cruise port transportation. We value our guests so we provide this service complimentary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!