“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
chicago
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I loved my stay. People there are friendly and hospitality. The breakfast is wonderful. They are just 15 minutes from the airport. The shuttles are always on time. In the front desk they are very helpful when you need them. In overall, I will stayed there again.

• Liked — the people
  • Disliked — i liked everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DaysMiaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 14, 2008
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are very pleased to see that we were able to accommodate you during your stay. Please visit us again during your next stay in the Miami area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Manchester UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

I arrived in from Santiago, Chile at 5 a.m. and needed a day room until my connecting flight to London at 9 p.m. that evening. I used the general hotel information board at the airport when I arrived and phoned a few hotels, but the Days-Inn rate at this particular Days-Inn sounded reasonable, so I called them direct at the hotel (at just before 7am), explaining what I needed. The person stated they had a room available, and to come over to the hotel, so I waited for quite some time for the courtesy bus to arrive and went to the hotel.
Situated on an extremely busy double carraigeway street, with heavy trucks thundering past within feet of the reception desk, and causing the building to shake, the hotel immediately gave the appearance of being shabby and in a dismal location.
On my arriving at reception, an employee in the office at the back made no immediate effort to greet myself or the other arriving individuals, but after what was literally a few minutes, came through to reception and announced without any form of greeting, that 'there were no rooms ready' . I explained that I had just been told that a room was available and to come over from the airport terminal, to which the receptionist responded in a flippancy that takes some beating, 'I don't know what 'she' said as she was on the night shift and has just gone home'. I could feel the anger rising but remained controlled and was told to wait as some might be ready within an hour or so. Within 10 minutes the receptionist shouted over: 'Do you wanna smoking room?'. I don't smoke but was exhausted and agreed to take it. I was directed to Room 120...'it faces the pool'. On arrival at Room 120, in a block of motel-style rooms that looked jerry built, some distance from the pool, I tried to put the key in the lock but the door opened and an occupant appeared who had been disturbed by the fact that I was trying to gain access. I apologised but then a housemaid appeared who did not speak English, only Spanish and asked me to wait there whilst she tried to find me another room by means of confused calls back to reception, but with no immediate success. At that point totally exhausted and angry, I went back to reception, and told the flippant, unconcerned receptionist that all this was unacceptable and I left, back to the airport to try again on the courtesy phones there. It was disgusting. Welcome to America. After the charm and courtesy of the Chilean people whom I had been staying amongst for the past few days it was quite shocking . I later checked in to the Crowne Plaza which although slightly more expensive was far better value and the staff were civil. I will never ever stay in another Days Inn again.

• Liked — nothing to recommend it
  • Disliked — avoid at all costs
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

The motel and our room appeared to be clean but the building needed some maintainance. Our room was the smallest motel room i've ever seen, that includes mom and pop motels in the northern Minnesota wilderness.
The employees at the front desk need to learn how to smile.
I'm glad we only spent one night.

Stayed February 2008
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

We stayed here on the night before our cruise, and had it booked for the night we returned from our cruise. We didn't have any problems with the shuttle. Just missed it when we exited the airport, but within 20 minutes it was back, without making any phone calls. The hotel is dirty, dim lit hallways, way over priced food, with an unfriendly staff. In the morning we were treated like we were a thorn in thier side, maybe cause there was about 18 of us. They did call in some extra vans to get us all to the pier at the same time, have to give them an A+ for that. I didn't feel safe there, and didn't like the idea that we were charged extra for the safe, which we didn't even know was there. A few blocks away there is the Sheraton Miami Mart hotel, just 20.00 more and well worth it. We cancelled our return trip reservation and stayed at the Sheraton instead. Better food
and atmosphere, nice pool, cleaner, large mart where you can get some good buys, and friendly staff.

• Liked — shuttle service
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2008
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

I am pretty sure we stayed in a room that used to be the supply closet. The maintenance staff pounded on our door at 10am so they could get in because the circuit breaker box was in a locked closet in our room. It only had half a window and it couldn't have been wider than eight feet. The lights did not work and the bathroom was so disgusting that we refused to shower. We had to wait an hour and a half for the shuttle and called multiple times, pretty sad when your "5 minutes away from the airport." This hotel is not worth the cheap cost, pay the extra $$ to go somewhere else, you will be glad that you did!

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING!
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

WE had to stay for a couple nights before going on a cruise. The website made the hotel look alot better than it really is. When we first checked in, we were given a room in the back of the property and a wierd guy followed us out there. We got to the room and the back parking lot where it was looked like a run down area and the room looked like it was left over from the 70's. We tried to call the front desk but they would not answer, so we had to walk back outside to the main building where the desk was. They then gave us a room in the building directly outside the main building, which they said it was upgraded and newer. The rooms were a little cleaner and had a fridge and microwave, but the bathrooms were filthy and stunk like mold and hardly anyone spoke english. There were odd people walking around and talking and yelling at all hours of the night so you really did not feel comfortable and could not sleep well with the noise.
We ordered delivery food and were overcharged both nights and the places did not speak english or answer thier phone when I tried to call back. The delivery boy looked about 17 and drove in with blaring music and was being very obvious looking my daughter up and down, which I thought was rude and gross.
I got a knock on my door at 7 in the morning by a very strange girl that said she might have the wrong room, then about a half hour later we got a call on the room phone with someone heavy breathing on the other end. The whole place was very uncomfortable and I will never stay there again. I would not recomend this place to women that are alone or with kids. There are too many strange people lurking around the parking lot at all hours and they are not hotel guests. I did find that next time I have to be in that area that there are better hotels down the road towards south beach that look cleaner and safer, such as the holiday inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Dislikes: It's hard to find anything positive to say about this place. First of all, the shuttle took over half an hour to pick us up. When we got to the hotel, the lobby was filled with smoke. There was no elevator so it was quite a challenge dragging heavy bags up the stairs. The room was tiny. The bed was old and squeaked the whole time I slept in it. Last but not least, it was in the middle of no where. The only place within walking distance was McDonald's. There were some other restaurants, but I wouldn't recommend anyone wandering around the area at night.

Likes: it was cheap ($75/night), or at least the cheapest at the time, the staffs were friendly, and they do provide free shuttle to Port of Miami so if you're going on a cruise and not plan to spend too much time in the room, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Price, free shuttle to/from airport, free shuttle to Port of Miami
  • Disliked — Location, comfort
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!