“Not a bad stay, but not perfect” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs

823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Milton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

this place is the worst I have ever been to,I always say something positive about even the worst but I cant say anything positive about here,its not worth (why do you think they offer this service) the transportation to the port or to the airport this place is just plain( NASTY, SMELLY, DIRTY, BROKEN DOWN.dont stay here unless you have had your third world shots and love bugs.yes I checked out three rooms all the same I had a none refundable room but told them no thanks I would rather eat 79 dollars than stay here Im not slaming this place because I fell cheeted or anything the person at the front desk did try to get me a good room attemped anyway.and no one was rude or anything they seemed like they dident want to rent these rooms to anyone either

Room Tip: there are no good rooms here I checked the flats and the main building IF YOU ARE GOING HERE JUST FO...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear kyle m,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter is staying there today. There was no problem with the shuttle from the airport and the room is clean and comfortable. There is no coffee shop available on the premises or adjacent to the motel. She had to walk to a little store nearby to get a few basics to tide her over until tomorrow. The place is OK if you are between flights and need a place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Austex_2101,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. I am surprised to read that your daughter did not see the café we have in the lobby. They serve coffee and are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In contrast, I am happy she found the room comfortable and the shuttle services on time. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is well located near Miami airport and offers free shuttle therefrom to the cruiseport. I recommend it for economy & location. Do not expect anything else. The cost of the room is reasonable. We stayed one night and left mid-morning. McDonald’s, etc. is conveniently down the street if you need breakfast.

Didn’t like … slow pick up at the airport and early departure to the cruiseport, but there’s no charge. Didn’t like … cleanliness, which is limited to clean sheets and bathroom.

But this is a slam-dunk to reallocate a sum of money (which you would spend for a 12 hour stay) to a more interesting expenditure. Especially when in 3 hours’ time you will be pampered in the lap of luxury on your cruiseship.

Room Tip: Express preference for a room away from the front avenue traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear kaldort,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be an excellent value and that it was very practical for the start of your vacation. Every day we work hard getting guests taken to the Port of Miami in a timely fashion. Other hotels in the area charge for cruise port transportation. We value our guests so we provide this service complimentary. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The rooms are ancient and are falling apart. The housekeepers should be commended for doing their best to keep things clean but there's only so much you can do when the place is as worn out as this hotel. Everything seemed to be original 1990's stuff and 2 decades of use and abuse have left their mark. Furniture is bust up, bathroom tile grout is missing or falling out, and the carpet on the floor more akin to a forest floor. My first room literaly swarmed with mosquitos. After quickly killing 6 I called frontdesk for some bug spray. After 20 minutes and a further 5 kills I called again as nobody had brought it. After another 15 min without anyone bringing any spray and having dispatched another 4 mosquitos I walked down to reception only to be told they had no spray. However, they moved me to another room. I went and got my stuff, killed 3 more mosquitos, and happily moved into my new room which only had one mosquito, which was quickly destroyed. Overall, the staff did their best but the hotel is broken.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear EricandRyan,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am sorry to read that you had Mosquito problems with your first room. In contrast, I am happy to read that the staff acted quickly moving you into another room. By the same token, I am delight to see that you ranked service so high. Every day I witness the staff going above and beyond making sure our guests receive the best customer service Miami has to offer. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you have never been to Miami, it can be very difficult to find a motel. If you have a reservation, it can be very difficult to literally FIND the motel. Be sure to have a good quality GPS navigation system in this town if you don't speak fluent Spanish. When we got to the property, my first thought was, "when are they going to tear this down?" In fairness, this obviously busy place was decently maintained considering it was built in the middle of the last century. The room was small and overcrowded with furniture. The bathroom was tiny, and lacked a reasonable vanity to the frustration of my wife. The lamp jammed between the bed and corner didn't work, so we were left with three 7 watt twisty bulbs in desk lamps for light. Needless to say it was dark and dank. Decor was pretty much the same. I will say the beds were quite comfortable and the mattresses appeared to be new. The room was very clean, and that is a major plus. The hotel has a nice lobby with a bar and coffee shop that is open late. The food was surprisingly good. We ate there twice because there is not too much close by. All-in-all this Day's Inn isn't too bad. You expect that Day's Inns are going to be second or third hand properties and a little rough around the edges. This one is pretty dog-eared. I wouldn't have minded if the price was cheap, but this cost more than $100 a night. I hope they are saving up for a wrecking ball, that's what this place needs. One last thing, parking is tight and late arriving guests park on any open space they can find. One morning I was nearly blocked from getting out. Another morning I had to squeeze past a row of big rental trucks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear jerseytex,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read that you found the room so clean and that you enjoyed the café located in the hotel’s lobby. They serve a variety of food sure to please just about anyone. I have witnessed many smiling faces enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner in this establishment. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!