“Just plain old” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Texas
“Just plain old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you have never been to Miami, it can be very difficult to find a motel. If you have a reservation, it can be very difficult to literally FIND the motel. Be sure to have a good quality GPS navigation system in this town if you don't speak fluent Spanish. When we got to the property, my first thought was, "when are they going to tear this down?" In fairness, this obviously busy place was decently maintained considering it was built in the middle of the last century. The room was small and overcrowded with furniture. The bathroom was tiny, and lacked a reasonable vanity to the frustration of my wife. The lamp jammed between the bed and corner didn't work, so we were left with three 7 watt twisty bulbs in desk lamps for light. Needless to say it was dark and dank. Decor was pretty much the same. I will say the beds were quite comfortable and the mattresses appeared to be new. The room was very clean, and that is a major plus. The hotel has a nice lobby with a bar and coffee shop that is open late. The food was surprisingly good. We ate there twice because there is not too much close by. All-in-all this Day's Inn isn't too bad. You expect that Day's Inns are going to be second or third hand properties and a little rough around the edges. This one is pretty dog-eared. I wouldn't have minded if the price was cheap, but this cost more than $100 a night. I hope they are saving up for a wrecking ball, that's what this place needs. One last thing, parking is tight and late arriving guests park on any open space they can find. One morning I was nearly blocked from getting out. Another morning I had to squeeze past a row of big rental trucks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear jerseytex,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read that you found the room so clean and that you enjoyed the café located in the hotel’s lobby. They serve a variety of food sure to please just about anyone. I have witnessed many smiling faces enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner in this establishment. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Warmest Regards,
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
YONKERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The lobby need some scents. Very moldy smell. Vending machine stole my money but desk clerk was very accomodating. Should note in each room not to purchase from the menus under the door. I almost did and called the desk and was glad I did and was very greatful for the warning. Not bad at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear HazelannGen,

Thank you for such a nice review of the Days Inn Miami Airport North. We love seeing that guest had such a pleasant visit that they take the time and post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you found that staff very accommodating. Every day I witness them provide our guests the best customer service Miami has to offer. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Warmest Regards,
Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The proximity and the shuttle were my main reasons for choosing the Days Inn, but I was was not that impressed. The reception couldn't find my online reservation, which was not even 24 hours old. My room was dark, cramped, with the a/c blowing the curtain over the bed. One of the power outlets was not working , which meant I could have coffee, or light. I got stuck in the bathroom, and judging by the doorknob, I was not the first. It took someone, literally climbing the wall outside to force the door. There was a filthy (someone else's) flannel in the shower. Yuck. And when I woke the next morning, the bathroom was covered with tiny sugar ants. (Not harmful, but unpleasant when you get out of the shower).The bedding had large holes. The whole feeling was one of neglect.
Breakfast was ok (cool scrambled eggs, cold toast). Service was equally lukewarm despite my attempts to order in Spanish.
It would be unfair to document this without speaking to the hotel first, but the reception desk was unmanned when I left. Sorry.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom door works.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear beachbuddy10,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review of Days Inn Miami Airport North. You have my sincere apology that the room did not meet your standards. Was the issue you faced with the room reported to the front desk? If so, we would have been happy to move you to another room. Guest feedback is important because it shows us areas where we are doing well and areas where we need improvement. If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail my email is provided below. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel Miami, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!