“Worst Hotel Ever, Ever!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The proximity and the shuttle were my main reasons for choosing the Days Inn, but I was was not that impressed. The reception couldn't find my online reservation, which was not even 24 hours old. My room was dark, cramped, with the a/c blowing the curtain over the bed. One of the power outlets was not working , which meant I could have coffee, or light. I got stuck in the bathroom, and judging by the doorknob, I was not the first. It took someone, literally climbing the wall outside to force the door. There was a filthy (someone else's) flannel in the shower. Yuck. And when I woke the next morning, the bathroom was covered with tiny sugar ants. (Not harmful, but unpleasant when you get out of the shower).The bedding had large holes. The whole feeling was one of neglect.
Breakfast was ok (cool scrambled eggs, cold toast). Service was equally lukewarm despite my attempts to order in Spanish.
It would be unfair to document this without speaking to the hotel first, but the reception desk was unmanned when I left. Sorry.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom door works.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear beachbuddy10,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review of Days Inn Miami Airport North. You have my sincere apology that the room did not meet your standards. Was the issue you faced with the room reported to the front desk? If so, we would have been happy to move you to another room. Guest feedback is important because it shows us areas where we are doing well and areas where we need improvement. If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail my email is provided below. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel Miami, Florida.

David Preston
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here 1 night with a relatively large group between flights. One might think that they would have been prepared for our group as many hotels are for big groups, but they weren’t. Rooms had all been prepaid through a travel agent and hotel had all our names, etc. But we had to each register separately and give them copies of our drivers licences. Check-in took an intolerable time. And, although all the rooms had been paid for in advance, they didn't have enough rooms for all in the group. However they did make the extra effort to provide more than 1 shuttles bus both to pick us up and get us back to the airport in the morning.

Room was okay. A bit dated but clean enough – we were only staying the one night. No plug in the bathtub and no stir sticks for the coffee, but we managed. Bathroom door did not close properly. Two beds in the room which made it small for moving around. We were in a building in the back so away from traffic noise. Staying one night between flights was okay but I would not stay here for more than one night. And in future if there was another option I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear thon,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review of Inn Miami Airport North. The intermediary who made your reservation mixed your group up with another hotel and another group that stayed at the Quality Inn down the street from us. They ended up having the 21 rooms your group needed when we only had 18 reserved for the other group that stayed at the Quality Inn. This was all realized after your stay when we did our investigation into the mix. I am sorry for any confusion this caused your group and we did the best we could to accommodate your group on a sold out night. If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail my email is provided below.

David Preston
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!