“Sheeeesh !!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
minnesota
“Sheeeesh !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

The motel and our room appeared to be clean but the building needed some maintainance. Our room was the smallest motel room i've ever seen, that includes mom and pop motels in the northern Minnesota wilderness.
The employees at the front desk need to learn how to smile.
I'm glad we only spent one night.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

We stayed here on the night before our cruise, and had it booked for the night we returned from our cruise. We didn't have any problems with the shuttle. Just missed it when we exited the airport, but within 20 minutes it was back, without making any phone calls. The hotel is dirty, dim lit hallways, way over priced food, with an unfriendly staff. In the morning we were treated like we were a thorn in thier side, maybe cause there was about 18 of us. They did call in some extra vans to get us all to the pier at the same time, have to give them an A+ for that. I didn't feel safe there, and didn't like the idea that we were charged extra for the safe, which we didn't even know was there. A few blocks away there is the Sheraton Miami Mart hotel, just 20.00 more and well worth it. We cancelled our return trip reservation and stayed at the Sheraton instead. Better food
and atmosphere, nice pool, cleaner, large mart where you can get some good buys, and friendly staff.

• Liked — shuttle service
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2008
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

I am pretty sure we stayed in a room that used to be the supply closet. The maintenance staff pounded on our door at 10am so they could get in because the circuit breaker box was in a locked closet in our room. It only had half a window and it couldn't have been wider than eight feet. The lights did not work and the bathroom was so disgusting that we refused to shower. We had to wait an hour and a half for the shuttle and called multiple times, pretty sad when your "5 minutes away from the airport." This hotel is not worth the cheap cost, pay the extra $$ to go somewhere else, you will be glad that you did!

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING!
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
new england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

WE had to stay for a couple nights before going on a cruise. The website made the hotel look alot better than it really is. When we first checked in, we were given a room in the back of the property and a wierd guy followed us out there. We got to the room and the back parking lot where it was looked like a run down area and the room looked like it was left over from the 70's. We tried to call the front desk but they would not answer, so we had to walk back outside to the main building where the desk was. They then gave us a room in the building directly outside the main building, which they said it was upgraded and newer. The rooms were a little cleaner and had a fridge and microwave, but the bathrooms were filthy and stunk like mold and hardly anyone spoke english. There were odd people walking around and talking and yelling at all hours of the night so you really did not feel comfortable and could not sleep well with the noise.
We ordered delivery food and were overcharged both nights and the places did not speak english or answer thier phone when I tried to call back. The delivery boy looked about 17 and drove in with blaring music and was being very obvious looking my daughter up and down, which I thought was rude and gross.
I got a knock on my door at 7 in the morning by a very strange girl that said she might have the wrong room, then about a half hour later we got a call on the room phone with someone heavy breathing on the other end. The whole place was very uncomfortable and I will never stay there again. I would not recomend this place to women that are alone or with kids. There are too many strange people lurking around the parking lot at all hours and they are not hotel guests. I did find that next time I have to be in that area that there are better hotels down the road towards south beach that look cleaner and safer, such as the holiday inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Dislikes: It's hard to find anything positive to say about this place. First of all, the shuttle took over half an hour to pick us up. When we got to the hotel, the lobby was filled with smoke. There was no elevator so it was quite a challenge dragging heavy bags up the stairs. The room was tiny. The bed was old and squeaked the whole time I slept in it. Last but not least, it was in the middle of no where. The only place within walking distance was McDonald's. There were some other restaurants, but I wouldn't recommend anyone wandering around the area at night.

Likes: it was cheap ($75/night), or at least the cheapest at the time, the staffs were friendly, and they do provide free shuttle to Port of Miami so if you're going on a cruise and not plan to spend too much time in the room, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Price, free shuttle to/from airport, free shuttle to Port of Miami
  • Disliked — Location, comfort
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
west palm beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

My family were booked at another airport days that we had stayed before.We were decieved and taken to Days Inn Airport north.This place should be condemed

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smell in the rooms.....
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Do yourself a favor, and run from this place! My husband and I just stayed on 11/2 as a pre-night to a cruise. For $114.00 it cost us for one night, you could stay somewhere nicer, and feel much safer. We arrived at almost midnight due to late flight in, and the hotel is just downright seedy....I did not sleep a wink in this place. Bathroom was gross, rooms were outdated and door from outside was very thin, chain did not lock right, turned up the heat a tad, and the whole room smelled like it was on fire! Was told we could not get another room, they were booked solid. I know it was only a place to rest my head before our cruise, but I would have NEVER stayed here if I knew it would have been that nasty. I did not feel safe there. Oh - and beware, there are NO elevators. We lugged our bags up to the 2nd floor and followed the desk person, only to be told, he was not sure where our room was even located. So, we lugged them back downstairs and had to bring them outside to the back of the hotel where our room was. I would think this would be very inconvient for people with handicaps, and I was not about to let their bag people do anything with our bags, believe me. Not that anyone offered to even help with that. Also, was misinformed that a contentienal breakfast would be included in the morning - NOT! Stay somewhere else, do yourself a favor.

• Liked — Pretty close to cruise terminal
  • Disliked — Everything about this hotel - was simply gross
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!