“Clean but service could be better...” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Fairfax, Virginia
“Clean but service could be better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The room was clean but had problem with getting internet connection. The housekeeper was overbearing when we requested that they "do not disturb" and had the sign on the door. The room was suppose to be a non-smoking room but by the time we left our belongings smelled like smoke. The only thing we really appreciated was that the room, bed, and bathroom was extremely clean. No signs of bed bugs.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool side is quiet and private. Nice for a getaway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear MariaC2012_12,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found your room to be extremely clean and enjoyed having the pool view. In contrast, I was disappointed to read that the housekeeping staff disregarded the do not disturbed sign. I will speak with the head housekeeper and bring this to her attention and make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

...Cool tropical funky hotel...I like it...Nice workers..From front desk people to maids to the Maint.guys..
I got in late at nite ,checked in quick, nice room by the pool, lots of late nite restaurants near by...
..very clean room..good a/c...strong wi-fi....plenty of free parking...

Room Tip: rooms by the pool are nice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear IslandFets,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for such a glowing review posted on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room and staff members to be top notch. It always pleases us when a guest had such a great time at our hotel they feel the need to share the experience with others online. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our team members. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Lancaster, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of Sept 7-9, foom 517. On the first night my grandson woke up a few times crying, scratching his face, legs and arms. Being that he was the only one getting bit I thought it was mosquito bits. The next night I woke up to bits on my arms, legs, and back. Staff was informed, they reduced the price of the rooom. If you chose to stay stop by wal-mart get some bed bug spray............On another note if they DO CORRECT the problem and you have toddlers the aiplanes are very fascinating to them

Room Tip: ask about bed bugs, was the problem corrected and do they have documentation
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bridgette W,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. I can ensure you that we do not have bud bugs and that we employ a very stringent pest control program. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very old (or appears that way). The facility is dated and not well cared for. The room did not feel clean. The faucet in the bathtub drips constantly. The hair dryer did not work.
We have stayed in other Days Inn that were very nice and clean so we were not expecting a less experience with this Days Inn.
Having said that, the room cost us $89 which included breakfast and transfer to the cruise port. So possibly, you get what you pay for.
The staff were all very nice. I cannot stress that point enough. It was a pleasant surprise.
We were only here 11 hours.
We probably would not stay here again just based on cleanliness. Everything else was good. .

• Stayed August 2012
Dear CaribbeanDreamer-71,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for writing a review. I wanted to take the time and apologize that you had issue during your stay. We strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. In contrast I am glad you found our staff so helpful and friendly. I again apologize and hope that we can speak at your convenience to make this right with you.

Warren, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Slow shuttle service, outdated room, bad restaurant with very limited options. The neighborhood didn't seem to be the safest, so we didn't want to leave to eat. The bed was very uncomfortable. Not very many tv channels.

On the plus side, it was inexpensive and provided shuttle service to Port of Miami.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Lovey L,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am very glad to see that you found us to be a great value. In contrast, I wanted to apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Riverdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked 2 rooms to stay one night before cruising the next day. My husband and I were given a room on the upper level and my college age kids were given a room near the laundry room on the lower level. The rooms were dated late 80ish and the bathroom was something from the 60’s. The bed was clean and comfortable. My husband and I slept just fine. The kids woke up to huge cockroaches emerging from everywhere when the shower was turned on. They were on the walls, all over the curtains, behind the bed, etc. My niece who was about to hop in the shower which started the whole fiasco had to quickly put her clothes on to rush out the room with the other kids. They were knocking on our door like they had seen a ghost!! We left so fast from the hotel I forgot to grab my sneakers under the bed! Subway sandwiches was 2 short blocks over. McDonald’s (2 blocks further from Subway) was going through a serious lobby renovation with dust everywhere, but managed to keep the drive thru open. Go figure! We had dinner at IHOP (1 block further than McDonald’s).

Room Tip: Walking distance to McDonald's, Subway sandwich and IHOP
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear GETOVER I,

The staff and management at Days Inn Miami Airport North would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am so sorry to see that you have such a bad experience while staying at our hotel. Your review does not state if you told any staff or management about the problems you experienced. Management and staff at the Days Inn take guest critiques very seriously. We also employ a very strict pest control program. If you have any more questions feel free to email me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Reynoldsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Nice and big hotel!! Great price threw expedia, employees are great, they go above and beyond to make sure questions are answered and whatever it is you need help with they will help you. I will definetly recommend this hotel to my friends and family members. We will be back again in 4 days.

• Stayed August 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Marcia and Keith,

I wanted to personally take the time and tell you what a pleasure it was to meet you and your fellow travelers. I am so glad that we were able to be a part of your first cruise and your vacation. It is the best part of this job being able to meet such wonderful people. I am equally delighted that you will be telling your friends and family about your stay at our hotel. Everyone at the hotel eagerly anticipates your return so you can tell about your experiences on your first cruise. Once again thank you for being a valued guest and for choosing Days Inn Miami Airport North for your lodging needs.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!