“Karaoke nights!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
“Karaoke nights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I happened to be staying at the hotel for business & found out that they have Karaoke on the weekends. Kat the bartender was great! She was very attentive and made me feel like I was one of her own regulars. I will definitely tell friends to come here when they travel. And I will be sure to come back. Thank you for your time.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear jenbo777,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor for the Days Inn, Miami Airport North. I am delight to read that you had such a wonderful time in our bar the Travelers Lounge. I am equally enthusiastic that you mentiond one of my staff members Kat. Every day I see her go above and beyond ensuring all guests receive the best customer service. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her. Thank you again and think of us the next time you’re planning a trip to Miami.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have never been this annoyed staying in a motel before. It was dirty...my son even mentioned it. There was NO hot water in the morning for a shower...apparently the rooms towards the back sometimes don't get hot water. The hotel staff were not rude BUT lied about a few things. I specifically asked at the desk if I had any calls or visitors within the last hour after returning to our room. The girl said no one had been there or phoned. My cousins in fact had been there just 15 minutes prior to this and had asked this exact girl for my room. She claimed we were not staying there but after a little while she did connect them to our room. How could she forget this experience in 15 minutes!!!!! We also got stranded at the airport waiting for a shuttle back to the motel. After waiting 1.5 hours we had to get a taxi back and were frantic we were missing the shuttle to the cruise....we even made 3 calls to the motel and they said a shuttle goes by every 15 minutes. Well there is no way 2 of us missed seeing them as every other motel shuttle went by 3-5 times in this timespan. Other people were complaining to the desk that morning and I had to wait about 45 minutes just to talk to the supervisor who was not very complient. Then our shuttle to the cruise port was over an hour late. It was an awful way to start our vacation. I had to write the Days Inn who of course had me send a letter to this motel and they did give me a discount but I guarantee I will never book here again and was totally disgusted with the service, dirt, lying and lack of facilities that were not provided. It is old and one other couple took pictures of bugs in their room. It made for a discussion on the way to the cruise port though.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear suep8787,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor for the Days Inn, Miami Airport North. Every day we strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. I again apologize and hope that we can speak at your convenience to make this right with you.

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and walked in looking around the beds for bugs but I have to say there was NO BED BUGS OR BUGS at all. the room was kind of small for having 2 beds in it but it was clean did not fine anything out of place I would have liked a microwave in it but it serve its purpose for 2 nights I stayed I asked for the 1st floor I had no problems I was asked if i wanted one in the front of the hotel or the back I choose the back away from everyone less noise. The parking was good the 1st night the next night it looked like they had full house but I had no problems the only thing I found was that the carpets looked a little beat up other then that it was great I am booking it again for next weekend oh and most of all the guys at the front desk were awesome very friendly and polite

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Amy O,

The Staff and management at Days Inn, Miami airport north would like to convey our thanks for writing a review of our property. It is always great to hear that a guest had such a wonderful stay that they decided to return for another night. I am equally happy to read that all the staff made such a superb impression. Every day I witness all our stay members go above and beyond ensuring that our guests receive five star treatment. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your return trip.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've read plenty of horrifying comments about the airport hotels in the US, so I entered Days Inn equiped with my own sleeping bag and a spray against the bed bugs, just in case :) I partly agree with the authors of the other comments - the cleanliness is definetely NOT a strong point here...the common areas, stairs, carpets in the rooms have not seen a vacuum cleaner for a while.... But the bed we had was clean, no signs of the bed bugs, no particular bad smell. The front desk manager was nice, no issue with the shuttle to the airport either.

I was ready for something much worse but at the end the hotel was OK. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Nathalie_Pol,

The staff and management at Days Inn would like to convey our thanks for writing a review of our property. I am glad you found your room very clean and the staff very friendly. We take pleasure in making sure all our guests have a great stay. I will be sure to report the areas you mentioned to the housekeeping staff and I will make sure they pay more attention to the common areas. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here before a cruise and after. You will not find a better deal. Room is clean and the bar is a blast. I am writing this review from my room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear henerycruise,

Everyone at Days Inn would like to thank you for writing a review of our property. I am delighted you found us to be a great deal and that you loved the bar. Weekend nights I always hear the laughter and karaoke spilling out of the bar. Guests always come up to me in the morning and tell what a great time they had and what fantastic bartenders we employ. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I needed a room for the night because I was in town for the Miami Heat game. First problem was the van service, we waited forever for the van to come only to have the driver go right past us the first time. We called again and he finally got back to get us. Anyways the room was pretty small but that was expected for the price I was paying. Room looked clean but had a mold smell to it also the bathroom had peeling ceilings. The worst part was the checkout process. There was a long line and only one person was working behind the desk although it seemed to be other workers just walking around. After checkout I was disappointed to see a room safe charge, I did think that's an unnecessary charge. As Im waiting for the shuttle is when I notice the bugs crawling on my bag. Needless to say I was disgusted and went to the desk to get a tissue so I could kill them and told them there were bugs. And they just said" oh sorry". When I got to the airport and got my bag out, there were a couple more bugs and that pretty much sealed the deal for me on the fact that I don't think I would stay at the hotel again.
And if that wasn't bad enough, a couple of days later I realized that I left my glasses and case in the room. I've been calling for the past 3 weeks and still haven't heard back from anyone about them. I hope I can resolve this issue soon but until then I could not stay at this hotel ever again.
As my title says you pay for what you get and its sometimes just not worth the hassle to try and save some dollars. Be careful out there.

• Stayed May 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear TravelingFA22,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At Days Inn, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I certainly understand that the service challenges you experienced was both a disappointment and inconvenience on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like, please contact me directly so I may work to restore your confidence in our hotel. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Days Inn.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was a last minute reservation after a cruise. Called for the hotel shuttle, it arrived 10 minutes later. We were allowed to check in to our room at 11am, which was fabulous! The room was a bit dated, but overall was clean and worked just fine for one night. Only gripe, was the under the front door there was a very large gap between the door and the floor. I put a towel there to avoid any creep crawlers visiting during the night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Jeneanne21,

The staff and management at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a review of our property. I am glad we were able to accommodate your early check in and I see that it was very well received. As of the issue you had with the door gap, I am happy to report that the door has been replaced. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!