“Good place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Naples, Florida
“Good place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and walked in looking around the beds for bugs but I have to say there was NO BED BUGS OR BUGS at all. the room was kind of small for having 2 beds in it but it was clean did not fine anything out of place I would have liked a microwave in it but it serve its purpose for 2 nights I stayed I asked for the 1st floor I had no problems I was asked if i wanted one in the front of the hotel or the back I choose the back away from everyone less noise. The parking was good the 1st night the next night it looked like they had full house but I had no problems the only thing I found was that the carpets looked a little beat up other then that it was great I am booking it again for next weekend oh and most of all the guys at the front desk were awesome very friendly and polite

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Amy O,

The Staff and management at Days Inn, Miami airport north would like to convey our thanks for writing a review of our property. It is always great to hear that a guest had such a wonderful stay that they decided to return for another night. I am equally happy to read that all the staff made such a superb impression. Every day I witness all our stay members go above and beyond ensuring that our guests receive five star treatment. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your return trip.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've read plenty of horrifying comments about the airport hotels in the US, so I entered Days Inn equiped with my own sleeping bag and a spray against the bed bugs, just in case :) I partly agree with the authors of the other comments - the cleanliness is definetely NOT a strong point here...the common areas, stairs, carpets in the rooms have not seen a vacuum cleaner for a while.... But the bed we had was clean, no signs of the bed bugs, no particular bad smell. The front desk manager was nice, no issue with the shuttle to the airport either.

I was ready for something much worse but at the end the hotel was OK. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Nathalie_Pol,

The staff and management at Days Inn would like to convey our thanks for writing a review of our property. I am glad you found your room very clean and the staff very friendly. We take pleasure in making sure all our guests have a great stay. I will be sure to report the areas you mentioned to the housekeeping staff and I will make sure they pay more attention to the common areas. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here before a cruise and after. You will not find a better deal. Room is clean and the bar is a blast. I am writing this review from my room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear henerycruise,

Everyone at Days Inn would like to thank you for writing a review of our property. I am delighted you found us to be a great deal and that you loved the bar. Weekend nights I always hear the laughter and karaoke spilling out of the bar. Guests always come up to me in the morning and tell what a great time they had and what fantastic bartenders we employ. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I needed a room for the night because I was in town for the Miami Heat game. First problem was the van service, we waited forever for the van to come only to have the driver go right past us the first time. We called again and he finally got back to get us. Anyways the room was pretty small but that was expected for the price I was paying. Room looked clean but had a mold smell to it also the bathroom had peeling ceilings. The worst part was the checkout process. There was a long line and only one person was working behind the desk although it seemed to be other workers just walking around. After checkout I was disappointed to see a room safe charge, I did think that's an unnecessary charge. As Im waiting for the shuttle is when I notice the bugs crawling on my bag. Needless to say I was disgusted and went to the desk to get a tissue so I could kill them and told them there were bugs. And they just said" oh sorry". When I got to the airport and got my bag out, there were a couple more bugs and that pretty much sealed the deal for me on the fact that I don't think I would stay at the hotel again.
And if that wasn't bad enough, a couple of days later I realized that I left my glasses and case in the room. I've been calling for the past 3 weeks and still haven't heard back from anyone about them. I hope I can resolve this issue soon but until then I could not stay at this hotel ever again.
As my title says you pay for what you get and its sometimes just not worth the hassle to try and save some dollars. Be careful out there.

• Stayed May 2012
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear TravelingFA22,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At Days Inn, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I certainly understand that the service challenges you experienced was both a disappointment and inconvenience on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and if you would like, please contact me directly so I may work to restore your confidence in our hotel. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Days Inn.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was a last minute reservation after a cruise. Called for the hotel shuttle, it arrived 10 minutes later. We were allowed to check in to our room at 11am, which was fabulous! The room was a bit dated, but overall was clean and worked just fine for one night. Only gripe, was the under the front door there was a very large gap between the door and the floor. I put a towel there to avoid any creep crawlers visiting during the night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Jeneanne21,

The staff and management at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and posting a review of our property. I am glad we were able to accommodate your early check in and I see that it was very well received. As of the issue you had with the door gap, I am happy to report that the door has been replaced. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We saw some of the other negative reviews and figured if we had a similar experience we could tough it out. After all, we were only staying one night and it was really cheap so our expectations were really low. Well, it was worse than we thought.

First the good...the free airport shuttle was great and the driver was a NASCAR wanna be - got us there fast! That's where the good ends.

Front desk lady never smiled and looked like she hated her job. The room smelled like stale pee that had been covered over with a cheap Lysol knockoff. When I called to ask for a different room, the front desk said they were booked and didn't have another room. The room was old and dirty and my white socks were black from carpet dirt within minutes. The sheets were stained and the whole place was soooo filthy that we actually slept on TOP of the covers! Nasty.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear David B,

The management and staff would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review even if it was unfavorable. You have my sincere apology that the staff and your room did not live up to your expectations. I shared your review with staff and management to be used as a training tool ensuring we deliver the best housekeeping and customer service possible. If you would like to discuss the matters in more detail please reach out to me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Spent one night at this hotel before our cruise and it was the worst night and hotel we have ever had the misfortune of visiting. Our room smelt of mold and mildew as soon as we went in, the floor was not vacuumed and had hair all over the place and there was mold all over the bathroom walls. The service wasn't the greatest either. We actually had one of the staff mention to a co-worker that "they better be nice to the customers because they can just walk over to the Comfort Inn" which was right beside them. They obviously know how poor their hotel is but didn't care. The hotel it's self reminded us of the Scar Face hotel but in ten times worse conditions. The only comfort we had was security was walking the grounds at night.

I would advise anyone to never visit this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear VanWea,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn, Miami Springs on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!