“Very noisy!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
San Francisco, California
“Very noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

My biggest issue here was the noise level. I could hear everything from the highway and from the airport across the street. They need better soundproofing.

I had a one night layover in Miami after an international flight. For one night, it was fine. Wouldn't recommend for longer stays.

• Stayed February 2012

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Not sure how my husband and I ended up at this dump. My online research is usually more efficient.

I cannot say one good thing about this poor excuse for a hotel. It was absolutely the WORST place we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a lot of places -- all over the world.

The room was dingy but evidently better than other reviews I have since read. There didn't appear to be any bugs and there were no noxious fumes emanating from the air conditioner. However, we refrained from using the tub/shower or walking on the carpet in our bare feet. The place just didn't seem clean.

We arrived around 9 in the evening after an endless wait at the airport. A van from every hotel we've ever heard of went by, some several times, before a Days Inn van finally showed up.

We would like to have had a drink and a snack. However, one could drink in the lounge -- a smoke-clogged, poor excuse for a lounge -- but not eat there.

Everyone at the bar -- male and female -- looked like a hard-core alcoholic. I was told that I could carry wine across to the "cafe," but I'd have to take it in Styrofoam cups. Finally the barmaid relented and told me she'd sell me wine in glasses but that I would have to promise to bring them back.

However, when we got to the cafe, which supposedly closes at 11 p.m., at 10:10 p.m., the girl behind the counter told us they were closed because, "I have to do something." Evidently she had to do something for the motel, but to close fifty minutes before the posted time, except in a case of dire emergency, is a horrible business practice.

Our alternatives? She suggested that I go next door to the gas station. That place was pretty much depleted, plus there was a shift change going on, which took an extra twenty minutes. By the time I left there, there were eight people in line behind me.

Bought a tuna sandwich and some potato chips. My husband -- who is on a walker -- and I ended up having our festive "Evening in Miami" late evening snack -- the tuna sandwich, chips, and Chardonnay in actual glasses -- sitting in the Days Inn lobby.

We stayed there the night before a Crystal cruise. In case the reader doesn't know, Crystal is one of the fancier cruise lines. What puzzled me is that there were quite a few people from our cruise, including the cruise's paddle ball instructor, staying at this desperately awful place. I asked him, during the cruise, how he had ended up at this sad excuse for a motel? He, too, evidently saw something online that suggested that it would be an OK place to stay. Wrong!!

Do NOT stay at this motel. Spend the money to stay someplace decent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear scherzo9,

I wanted to thank you for posting the review even though it was unfavorable. The management and staff take guest critiques very seriously. I will be speaking to all departments voicing your concerns and making changes accordingly. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please contact me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and if you give us another try, I am sure we can provide the lodging you were expecting.

Outer Banks, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last week prior to departing on a cruise from the Port of Miami. The Days Inn shuttle picked us up at the airport within minutes of calling to notify them of our arrival. The shuttle driver was friendly and gave us some good advice on places to eat within walking distance of the hotel.

We had a room on the second floor of the main building. Nice flat panel TV with lots of channels. We walked to a great Honduran restaurant close by and then back to the hotel where we sat by the pool and talked. The grounds are nice with some beautiful landscaping.

The next morning we departed using the hotel supplied shuttle to the cruise terminal. The shuttle was on time and the service was friendly.

The hotel is showing its age and could use some updating. The room was what I expected. It was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable. The furnishings were older and the room had a "stuffy" odor, but it worked for us. We could hear airplanes coming and going, which is to be expected given its location near the airport. I experienced the weak WiFi signal that others have mentioned here.

If you want coffee in the morning, I would go to the convenience store next door (chevron/exxon station I think?) instead of the coffee shop in the lobby. The lady working the coffee shop was not friendly and I paid way too much for a mediocre cup of coffee.

For what I paid for the room, I think I got a real bargain. This is a budget minded hotel and for the savings that I got on the room, I expect to give up some of the niceties and newness of a more upscale chain. The shuttle service alone for me and my wife would have cost me half of the room cost if I had booked it through the cruise line. I would stay here again if I travel out of the Port of Miami.

Dear obxninja,

The management and staff at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I am very happy you found the shuttle services to be top tier here at Days Inn. We pride ourselves in getting guests to the port and airport promptly. I know from personal experience how important these services can be to a weary traveler. Every day we strive to ensure our transportation runs smooth and efficiently. In contrast, I am very disappointed you found the staff in the breakfast area to be unfriendly. I will be looking into this matter personally and making changes accordingly. Please except my apology. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Surrey BC Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here on march 17 for one day before our cruise on march 18. First off if you are looking for a Marriett hotel style leave now, this is not for you, we were picked up from the airport right away after we called them, and the drop off to the ship was seem less, plus for $10 we also bought a shuttle service to the airport right after the cruise from the service who dropped us at the ship, super good service here. The hotel is very old and worn BUT its what you make of it, we had a room right outside the pool,, we walked out of our room and sat in a little treed area on the pool deck, we sat here most of the night and had a swim and a few ummm beer grin...Very quiet this night, people were very respectful of the others so it was easy to fall asleep, the place may be old but it was clean, the bed was great and comfy, ....there is a gas station right beside the hotel and you can get anything you can get at any mini mart. Down the road about a 5 minute walk we found a IHOP, food was ok, about a 3 minute walk the opposite direction is a very nice liquor store......as for the room we recommend asking for the area around the pool as it is one story only so no one above you...I see a few rooms above their bar,,,a suggestion, when you reserve ask to be away from there even though we saw nothing at night there it looks like a party could happen there and I would not want my room to be part of its ceiling.....so for the price we graded it average, it is OLD for sure and good for one night

Room Tip: choose facing the pool around the pool deck
Dear jldevlin,

The management and staff at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I am happy you found your room by the pool so comfortable and cozy. Every day I get to witness the smiling faces of guests utilizing that area with friends and family. It makes this job special seeing memories being made of families on vacation. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

The room was weirdly shaped, the bathroom door didn't shut properly, the shower didn't drain, the floor was dirty, and the room smelled kinda weird. Spend your money somewhere else. I would only suggest staying here if it's one night and you only need a bed and you're desperate.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Jwhite4569,

I am very disappointed to read that you did not like your room at Days Inn. Did you happen to speak to any management or staff during your stay? If you had we most certainly would have put you in another room. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please contact me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you for your review and if you give us another try, I am sure we can provide the lodging you were expecting.

Woods Cross, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The room we were given was in the main building. Dirty carpet in the hallways. The room looked as if it was trying to be remodeled. The paint on the walls was not completed and the ceiling in the shower in the bathroom looked as if it were going to fall in from a leak in the room above. The tile grout was showing signs of mildew. They don't tell you in their advertising but they add an automatic $2 charge per day to pad the bill for a room safe.

Room Tip: spend a few dollars more and stay at the Comfort Inn right behind it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Vickiw1954,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am so sorry to see that you have such a bad experience while at our hotel. Your review does not state if you told any staff or management about the problems you experienced. Management and staff at the Days Inn take guest critiques very seriously. If you have any more questions feel free to e-mail me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I hope that you might give us another chance the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed there the night before a 7:30 AM international flight. The room was very cheap ($66 before tax with the AAA discount), but the hotel suffers from several problems, some of which it can't fix.
1. It is noisy because of constant airplane traffic.
2. Its parking lot is too small for the two hotels (the Days Inn and a suite hotel) that share it.
3. Either its staff or its computer systems are bad. We wanted to pay cash because of exchange and fees on our credit card. No bill came to the room, and the front desk took so long to print a copy for us that we could not wait for it (had a plane to catch, remember).
4. There was a sign behind the front desk that said each room had a safe for which you would be charged $2 per night. The night clerk said that we could get it taken off at checkout if we said we did not use the safe. The day clerk said he couldn't do that. Then he tried. Then we ran out of time. Since I never got a copy of the bill, I still don't know if I paid the $2.

As for the basic hotel stuff, the bed was OK, the room fine and clean enough though somewhat drab, but I can't expect more for that price. And the hotel is close to the airport and offers free shuttle service both to the airport and the Port of Miami, so it is convenient for people before or after their cruises.

Dear g26sailor,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review at tripadvisor.com. We here at Days Inn take guest assessments very seriously and turn them into action plans. We can only become stronger by guests telling us of areas of improvement and areas of accomplishments. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director of Customer Service

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!