“Value for Pre & Post Cruise, but wouldn't shower here...” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Value for Pre & Post Cruise, but wouldn't shower here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Miami Airport North before and after our cruise out of Port of Miami. We chose this hotel because of the free airport and cruiseport shuttle service, which was wonderful - the drivers were extremely accommodating and polite, and the service was quick.

The two rooms we stayed in were extremely different - almost didn't seem like they could belong to the same hotel.

The first room (232) was small and kind of unclean looking. The bathroom door would not shut all the way, there were long red hairs across the towels in the bathroom (we are blondes, not ours), and the air conditioning provided really poor air quality - BUT it was a room.

The second room we stayed in (223) was HUGE and much cleaner looking. There was still hair across the towels in the bathroom (this time brown hair), but the bathroom door shut. The air conditioning was fine in this room. I admit, before we left I read several reviews mentioning hair in the bathroom, so it was sort of funny to find it in both rooms.

All of the employees I encountered were polite and friendly - no complaints there. Perhaps if the cleaning crew invested in hair nets, things would be better.

I would not stay here for a trip to Miami, but it is a good value and ok place to stay for a night before you board a ship or catch a flight.

Room Tip: Seems like it's luck of the draw...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Julie C,

I am very happy you find all the staff and shuttle services to be top tier here at Days Inn. We pride ourselves in getting guests to the port and airport promptly. I know from personal experience how important these services can be to a weary traveler. Every day we strive to ensure our transportation runs smooth and efficiently. Thanks again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida.

822 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We had booked a room twice - at the beginning and end of our flights to and from the Virgin Islands and Florida Keys. The first room in Building 3 was horrible ... extremely small and cramped for two beds. The toilet ran for at least a half hour after flushing, tub old and grimy with no safety bar, furniture very old and in poor condition. The carpet was filthy ... walked across the room barefoot and the soles of my feet were black with dirt. The second room booked in Building 5 was much larger and furniture not quite as badly scratched, but still had problems ... filthy carpet again, bathtub old with chipped enamel and no safety bar, very little hot water, ceiling over tub cracked, and tile grout near tub faucet was very dirty. A knob was missing on the closet door.

This Day's Inn is definitely not up to the standards of other Days Inns. Very convenient to the airport but needs to be either torn down or totally renovated. The least they could do is clean the carpets!!

Room Tip: Room in Building 5 was much better than room in Building 3.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sandra S,

You have my sincere apology that the rooms did not meet your standards. Guest feedback is important because it shows us areas where we are doing well and areas where we need improvement. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be meeting with all departments and forming an action plan to make sure these areas in the rooms will be fixed. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This place was only good for a night nothing more. Actually I may not stay there again. It is right on a main st, They gave us a bed over the entranceway. There is no elevator so you have carry your bags up tp your room. My handles broke going up so that made it hard the rest of the trip. This place really needs to be renovated. It is rough everywhere. The check in guy was not the best good thing he had help but the daytime staff was real helpful. Oh tyhier free wifi would only work in the lobby if noone else was on it. The tech guy said it should be fixed as it had been that way for quite a while
The restaurant was not much and over priced so we went to IHOP 2 blocks away. That was good. So if you go there don't expect much

Room Tip: Get a room at the back section awy from street
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MOREOFLES,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am glad that you found our daytime staff so efficient and polite. I am very sorry the rooms were not to your liking. Did you notify any staff members during your stay? We take swift action to rectify any issues guest have while staying at our hotel. . If you have any more questions feel free to email me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I hope that you might give us another chance the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Santa Maria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Chose location because of free shuttles to and from airport and cruise port , shuttle picked us up without too much wait, check in took hours till our rooms were ready, my sister and her husband were put in the 100 building , my room in the 300 building (room 310)wasn't suitable for ocupancy , heater / cooler broken , shower had a constant drip and wasn't draining, toitet built up onto a pedistal that had tiles sitting there not glued down , very precarious to use.when I made front desk aware they just said ok thank you, bed was small and wore out.
shuttle to cruise went well.
when we arrived back in port ,called hotel they said no shuttles from port to hotel , we got a taxi to hotel , where we waited for hours for our room to be ready, this time we requested a room in the 100 building and was niceer other than airport noise through old windows and gap under door.
wifi very poor service worked once in awhile but very slow.
I've stayed in many Days Inns , even the other Miami airport location, all have been satifactory till now, this location needs torn down or recieve major overhaul.

Room Tip: do not stay in the 300 building , needs torn down.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear JonsTravels11,

I am sorry you had a bad experience at Days Inn. We appreciate when guests take the time to critique the Inn; it helps us improve as a hotel. Were any of your concerns brought to the attention of the staff? We would have moved you to a room that was more to your liking. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please email me at director.customerservices@gmail.com.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

During our visit we woke up from airplanes which started making sound at 5 am until somewhere 11 pm. It was somehow a strange neighbourhood. I didn't feel scared or anything but it wasn't the best of neighbourhoods. WiFi internet availabe? Yes, but it doesn't work always (most of the time it doesn't, and if it works, it is EXTREMELY slow).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Laurens654,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I am sorry to hear that the Wi-Fi was down during your visit. I can assure you that the problem has been looked into and fixed. Here at the Days Inn we take guest critiques very seriously. Thank you again for the review and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs.

atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Do not stay here......needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. Dirty, smelly, linens from the 70's, bed probably also! Checked out within 20 minutes of checking in! Stay at the new Comfort Inn behind. Only needed a one night stay for an early morning flight, but could not stay here, it was soooo bad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy G,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review on tripadvisor.com. I am very sorry the room was not up to your standard. I am glad it was quite and you were able to get a good night sleep. If you have any more questions feel free to email me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I hope that you might give us another chance the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Louisa, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Wow, I don't even know where to start. We were looking for a cheap motel to say in for 1 night before catching our cruise. We figured Days Inn, how bad could it be? We definitely got a cheap motel. The entrance is practically on the road. The shuttle from the airport pulls on the widened sidewalk for you to enter the lobby. The first thing you experience when you enter the lobby is the smell. I can't even describe it - but it stunk. We were told that rooms were not quite ready which was no problem. The girl at the desk asked if we wanted a room on the first floor or the second floor. We requested first floor because there is no elevator and we would have to lug 2 large suitcases and 2 smaller carry on suitcases up a flight of stairs. When the room was ready, they gave us a room on the second floor. Apparently, she didn't understand. So up the stairs we went, dragging luggage. I was amazed when we opened the door to our room. I don't think I can say anything positive except that we had a window and the room didn't stink. The first thing I looked for was bedbugs (fortunately didn't see any.) The carpet was filthy. My husband asked me to find his flipflops before he would even take his shoes off. It looked like they had never cleaned the carpet. I didn't even want to leave our suitcases on the floor, but there wasn't any other place to put the large bags. The small bags were put on the desk. The room was extremely small. Fortunately the bathroom wasn't bad, just old. The instructions on how to use the safe in the closet were gone, so we couldn't even use it. I don't know if we were just exhausted, but we did get a good night's sleep. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Unless you are desperate, I would not stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnCS, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Kathy G,
We appreciate your input about our hotel. Guest identifying issues they had while staying with us makes us a stronger property. I wish this was brought to the attention of the staff the night of your stay so we could have corrected it immediately. I once again apologize for any inconvenience and will rectify these issues to prevent any further problems.

Director of Customer Relations

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!