“Terrible choice” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
new england
“Terrible choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

WE had to stay for a couple nights before going on a cruise. The website made the hotel look alot better than it really is. When we first checked in, we were given a room in the back of the property and a wierd guy followed us out there. We got to the room and the back parking lot where it was looked like a run down area and the room looked like it was left over from the 70's. We tried to call the front desk but they would not answer, so we had to walk back outside to the main building where the desk was. They then gave us a room in the building directly outside the main building, which they said it was upgraded and newer. The rooms were a little cleaner and had a fridge and microwave, but the bathrooms were filthy and stunk like mold and hardly anyone spoke english. There were odd people walking around and talking and yelling at all hours of the night so you really did not feel comfortable and could not sleep well with the noise.
We ordered delivery food and were overcharged both nights and the places did not speak english or answer thier phone when I tried to call back. The delivery boy looked about 17 and drove in with blaring music and was being very obvious looking my daughter up and down, which I thought was rude and gross.
I got a knock on my door at 7 in the morning by a very strange girl that said she might have the wrong room, then about a half hour later we got a call on the room phone with someone heavy breathing on the other end. The whole place was very uncomfortable and I will never stay there again. I would not recomend this place to women that are alone or with kids. There are too many strange people lurking around the parking lot at all hours and they are not hotel guests. I did find that next time I have to be in that area that there are better hotels down the road towards south beach that look cleaner and safer, such as the holiday inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Dislikes: It's hard to find anything positive to say about this place. First of all, the shuttle took over half an hour to pick us up. When we got to the hotel, the lobby was filled with smoke. There was no elevator so it was quite a challenge dragging heavy bags up the stairs. The room was tiny. The bed was old and squeaked the whole time I slept in it. Last but not least, it was in the middle of no where. The only place within walking distance was McDonald's. There were some other restaurants, but I wouldn't recommend anyone wandering around the area at night.

Likes: it was cheap ($75/night), or at least the cheapest at the time, the staffs were friendly, and they do provide free shuttle to Port of Miami so if you're going on a cruise and not plan to spend too much time in the room, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Price, free shuttle to/from airport, free shuttle to Port of Miami
  • Disliked — Location, comfort
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
west palm beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

My family were booked at another airport days that we had stayed before.We were decieved and taken to Days Inn Airport north.This place should be condemed

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smell in the rooms.....
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Do yourself a favor, and run from this place! My husband and I just stayed on 11/2 as a pre-night to a cruise. For $114.00 it cost us for one night, you could stay somewhere nicer, and feel much safer. We arrived at almost midnight due to late flight in, and the hotel is just downright seedy....I did not sleep a wink in this place. Bathroom was gross, rooms were outdated and door from outside was very thin, chain did not lock right, turned up the heat a tad, and the whole room smelled like it was on fire! Was told we could not get another room, they were booked solid. I know it was only a place to rest my head before our cruise, but I would have NEVER stayed here if I knew it would have been that nasty. I did not feel safe there. Oh - and beware, there are NO elevators. We lugged our bags up to the 2nd floor and followed the desk person, only to be told, he was not sure where our room was even located. So, we lugged them back downstairs and had to bring them outside to the back of the hotel where our room was. I would think this would be very inconvient for people with handicaps, and I was not about to let their bag people do anything with our bags, believe me. Not that anyone offered to even help with that. Also, was misinformed that a contentienal breakfast would be included in the morning - NOT! Stay somewhere else, do yourself a favor.

• Liked — Pretty close to cruise terminal
  • Disliked — Everything about this hotel - was simply gross
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

This Days Inn is your typical low-budget airport motel. Unlike others, we found our room clean and pleasant. The staff will certainly win no awards for friendliness, but we had no problems. The airport shuttle worked fine for us and that was a major plus. The major plus: location. The major minus: location. It is close to the airport and OK for a night stayover, but the location is "semi-industrial" but more to the point-- on a major highway-- NW 36th St. Lots of truck traffic and noise. Our room, on the side of the building, did NOT have double hung windows and the noise was considerable. The air traffic was really no trouble, but the road traffic-- oh boy. The secondary problem for us, without a car, we had to walk to restaurants, and nothing much beyond McDonalds and Subway close and others required a longer walk along 36th St. which is not an easy walk.

Stayed October 2007
san juan, pr
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

We stayed here one night because of the hotel's proximity to the airport.
Check-in and check-out were no hassle. Even got the room before check-in time. Room was on 2nd floor, facing the main avenue, but the noise was no problem because of the double-hung windows. Room was very small, though, and had a very strong disinfectact smell. Very clean. Bathroom was 70's, needs some work but was clean. Perfect for a one-night stay, like we did. Plenty of parking, very easy to find, close to airport.
Staff was nice. Would give directions if asked. Shuttle to the airport 7/24 on the hour. Would stay there again.

• Liked — closeness to Miami Airport; Days Inn backing
  • Disliked — smell?
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on Thursday, April 26th. I booked the reservation on-line (through daysinn.com).

We were going on a cruise on Friday. So I booked this inn because of airport and port shuttle service (free). I also picked it because of places to eat near by.

We arrived at the airport at Midnight. The shuttle picked us up right away. The inn is located in an industrial like area. We proceeded to check-in. There were several of us and only one employee. The employee didn't know the times the shuttle to the port operated. She said changes were being made and perhaps there would be one time or NONE! Needless to stay I was upset. She said to call the front desk in the morning. We proceeded to our room. There was so much trash everywhere. In the grass, on the grounds, and on the buildings! Also there were so many non-guests (friends of employees). Oh yeah, in the lobby there was a drunk man. He kept trying to get my attention, but I don't speak Spanish.

Upon arrival in the room you noticed right away the soiled carpet. I just want a clean safe room. We're not picky at all! The room needs some remodeling, updating, and repairs! If you're going to have a white bathroom, please clean it! There were tons of ants in the room by the windows. Later we saw them on one of the beds and in the bathroom. We would've preferred an interior room, but we changed the inn was full.

We needed something to eat! No delivery service after 11:00pm. So we went to the lounge/bar attached to the inn. Great customer service by the bartender. She directed us to the IHOP a few blocks down. She said we would be safe. The streets were deserted. We encounter a lot a policemen hanging out at the closed McDonalds.

Great customer service by the waitress! Food was good. We planned to eat there, but I felt so uneasy about the non guest hanging room the pool when we left. So back to the inn. Our room was okay.

I called the front desk at 8:00a.m. The shuttle would leave at 10a.m. We were instructed to be in the lobby by 9:50am. There was another couple and off we were!

Stay if you need a hotel for one night. My husband believes the rate (97.50) was too much. Well we got free transportation.

By the way, the trash was still there in the morning. We returned from IHOP, we noticed they have security in the parking lot.

• Liked — The free shuttle service
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!