“Horrible,dangerous smelly filthy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
west palm beach
“Horrible,dangerous smelly filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

My family were booked at another airport days that we had stayed before.We were decieved and taken to Days Inn Airport north.This place should be condemed

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smell in the rooms.....
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Do yourself a favor, and run from this place! My husband and I just stayed on 11/2 as a pre-night to a cruise. For $114.00 it cost us for one night, you could stay somewhere nicer, and feel much safer. We arrived at almost midnight due to late flight in, and the hotel is just downright seedy....I did not sleep a wink in this place. Bathroom was gross, rooms were outdated and door from outside was very thin, chain did not lock right, turned up the heat a tad, and the whole room smelled like it was on fire! Was told we could not get another room, they were booked solid. I know it was only a place to rest my head before our cruise, but I would have NEVER stayed here if I knew it would have been that nasty. I did not feel safe there. Oh - and beware, there are NO elevators. We lugged our bags up to the 2nd floor and followed the desk person, only to be told, he was not sure where our room was even located. So, we lugged them back downstairs and had to bring them outside to the back of the hotel where our room was. I would think this would be very inconvient for people with handicaps, and I was not about to let their bag people do anything with our bags, believe me. Not that anyone offered to even help with that. Also, was misinformed that a contentienal breakfast would be included in the morning - NOT! Stay somewhere else, do yourself a favor.

• Liked — Pretty close to cruise terminal
  • Disliked — Everything about this hotel - was simply gross
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

This Days Inn is your typical low-budget airport motel. Unlike others, we found our room clean and pleasant. The staff will certainly win no awards for friendliness, but we had no problems. The airport shuttle worked fine for us and that was a major plus. The major plus: location. The major minus: location. It is close to the airport and OK for a night stayover, but the location is "semi-industrial" but more to the point-- on a major highway-- NW 36th St. Lots of truck traffic and noise. Our room, on the side of the building, did NOT have double hung windows and the noise was considerable. The air traffic was really no trouble, but the road traffic-- oh boy. The secondary problem for us, without a car, we had to walk to restaurants, and nothing much beyond McDonalds and Subway close and others required a longer walk along 36th St. which is not an easy walk.

Stayed October 2007
san juan, pr
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

We stayed here one night because of the hotel's proximity to the airport.
Check-in and check-out were no hassle. Even got the room before check-in time. Room was on 2nd floor, facing the main avenue, but the noise was no problem because of the double-hung windows. Room was very small, though, and had a very strong disinfectact smell. Very clean. Bathroom was 70's, needs some work but was clean. Perfect for a one-night stay, like we did. Plenty of parking, very easy to find, close to airport.
Staff was nice. Would give directions if asked. Shuttle to the airport 7/24 on the hour. Would stay there again.

• Liked — closeness to Miami Airport; Days Inn backing
  • Disliked — smell?
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on Thursday, April 26th. I booked the reservation on-line (through daysinn.com).

We were going on a cruise on Friday. So I booked this inn because of airport and port shuttle service (free). I also picked it because of places to eat near by.

We arrived at the airport at Midnight. The shuttle picked us up right away. The inn is located in an industrial like area. We proceeded to check-in. There were several of us and only one employee. The employee didn't know the times the shuttle to the port operated. She said changes were being made and perhaps there would be one time or NONE! Needless to stay I was upset. She said to call the front desk in the morning. We proceeded to our room. There was so much trash everywhere. In the grass, on the grounds, and on the buildings! Also there were so many non-guests (friends of employees). Oh yeah, in the lobby there was a drunk man. He kept trying to get my attention, but I don't speak Spanish.

Upon arrival in the room you noticed right away the soiled carpet. I just want a clean safe room. We're not picky at all! The room needs some remodeling, updating, and repairs! If you're going to have a white bathroom, please clean it! There were tons of ants in the room by the windows. Later we saw them on one of the beds and in the bathroom. We would've preferred an interior room, but we changed the inn was full.

We needed something to eat! No delivery service after 11:00pm. So we went to the lounge/bar attached to the inn. Great customer service by the bartender. She directed us to the IHOP a few blocks down. She said we would be safe. The streets were deserted. We encounter a lot a policemen hanging out at the closed McDonalds.

Great customer service by the waitress! Food was good. We planned to eat there, but I felt so uneasy about the non guest hanging room the pool when we left. So back to the inn. Our room was okay.

I called the front desk at 8:00a.m. The shuttle would leave at 10a.m. We were instructed to be in the lobby by 9:50am. There was another couple and off we were!

Stay if you need a hotel for one night. My husband believes the rate (97.50) was too much. Well we got free transportation.

By the way, the trash was still there in the morning. We returned from IHOP, we noticed they have security in the parking lot.

• Liked — The free shuttle service
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Germantown, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

The hotel was not terrible, just a budget hotel. It was a bit run down, as some of these budget hotels tend to be when they're located in an urban area. The room didn't have any towels, but we found that the housekeeping staff, although more fluent in Spanish than English, worked hard to please us.

It looked as though the motel is struggling to make money any way they can. It seems as though the front office had been converted into a small snack bar. (None of the coke machines around the motel were stocked at all, so you were forced to buy overpriced coke from the snack bar.) In the small lobby they have placed a small desk for a rental car agency. It looked kind of weird. No shoe shine stand or newspaper vendor? The add-on front desk conceals a squawking radio with which they converse with the shuttle driver.

The front desk help isn't very friendly or helpful, unlike the maids.

There are a few restaurants down the street that you can walk to, like McDonalds, as well as fancier fare.

They have a free shuttle service that will take you to the airport or cruiseport. (The airport runway seems to be almost across the street, but the noise is not a bother.) THE SHUTTLE DOES NOT PICK YOU UP FROM THESE LOCATIONS.

In a normal hotel, you would sign up to take the shuttle at a certain time. Not at this motel. There is no signup sheet. They tell you that the shuttle leaves every hour on the hour, and that you should show up in the lobby ten minutes early. This sounds good. But we saw dozens of people show up at the same exact time to go to the cruiseport. As a result, some had to wait an hour to get on the free shuttle, and ended up arriving at the cruiseport later than they wanted.

While van drivers come and go, I thought our driver was quite gruff. He was probably overworked because of the motel's failure to schedule the trips.

• Liked — cheaper, free transportation to airport
  • Disliked — front desk help
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Birmingham, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

The grounds of this hotel is beautiful. I just loved it. It is pretty closed to Macdonalds which we only discovered the following morning when we were leaving. The hotel is okay for one night has the rooms are very basic, and I noticed a lot of ants around my front door when I was leaving. Lucky I didn’t see them when I checked in the night before otherwise I would have wanted to leave.

If I was stuck on somewhere to stay, I may chose this place again.

• Liked — The hotel grounds!
  • Disliked — The bedroom. Didn't feel very clean!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!