“Worst Place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Worst Place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The Hotel was awful, smelly. The bathtub was dirty. They offer two double beds per room but there was hardly any space to move around. The entire experience was distressful. I would not recommend this hotel not even for 1 night stay.
The pool and surrounding needed cleaning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

838 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is not ment for a lengthy stay in Miami.. I only stay here when I fly in the night before for a cruise or if my flight cancels and I have to stay over night.. Price is reasonable... If you do stay here you have to try the food from the pink house Chinese restaurant.. and the deliver.. It's the best..

• Stayed August 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Need I say more, disgusting, old, and dirty. Look at the pictures

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for only 1 night.
It was a okay place to stay for such a short stay.
Free shuttle from and to the airport. The shuttle only goes back to the airport once an hour. So you have to plan good when you are going back to the airport.
Not so far away from the airport, maybe 10-15 minutes with the shuttle.
No elevators in the hotel, it is a small hotel, so if you don`t have a lot of luggage, it is okay.
Some noice from other rooms.
Not a family hotel or something like that, but for that price, close to the airport, it is pretty okay.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the first floor, know when the shuttle goes back to the airport
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had to stay in Miami for quick business trip. I chose this hotel because of the price and proximity to the airport. It was just what I needed. The staff was helpful and the room was clean there is a restaurant that served good sandwhiches and coffee. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HotelCusSer, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport. We do our best to provide excellent services and we appreciate your feedback. I’m glad to hear you had a great time while here at the hotel. We cannot wait to see you again on your next visit to South Fla. Once again thank you for your review and have a good day!
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

First I missed the shuttle from the airport because it passed by so swiftly,had to wait an hour for it to return :-( . Upon arriving at the room, Oh My! The room smelled moldy. The air was stuffy and I had to open the windows, did not help much. When I checked out the AC it seemed it had not been cleeaned in forever. The hall ways and the room was permeated with the smell of smoke even though the rooms were designated non-smoking. The coffee maker was diiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrty! Carpet seemed damp and it was smelly. Bathroom was not very clean. No iron nor mini bar with fridge as advertised. Would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport. We do our very best to provide excellent services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. I do apologize we do not have a mini bar in the room or iron. We do however have rooms with fridge and microwaves also a bar down stairs in the lobby next to the front desk. The irons are available at the front desk since there is a limited amount. I also apologize for the other issues you’ve encountered while you stayed at this hotel. I have given this information to the correct departments and would like you to rest assure it will be taken care of. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the near future. Have a great day.
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

When we checked in we just chuckled because it wasn't what we had expected at all. That was fine because we were just there for one night before catching our cruise. Upon entering our room in the evening after visiting Miami Beach we were overcome with marijauna smell in our room. We suspect it was the loud partying neighbors behind us. We tried leaving the doors open to air it out but finally so tired we just went to bed. Around midnight the smell was back very strong. It was very frustrating but just tried to ignore it. Around 1 in the morning we were woken up by someone knocking on our door and trying to get in. After standing at the door for awhile they finally walked away. In the morning the stray that finally broke the camels back was after walking around the room my husband and I both noticed that the bottom of our feet were black from the dirty carpet. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Fortunately the rest of our trip was perfect. We stayed in a four star hotel after the cruise for only 10 dollars more!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelCusSer, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We do our very best to provide excellent services. I do apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory.
I wish you would have called the front desk and informed us of the problems you encountered with the smell in your room. We would have moved you and taken care of that issue immediately. As far as the person knocking on the door of your room, I can assure you we take the safety of all our guest seriously and your comment will be brought up during our next Security Meeting. As for the carpet I have given this information to the executive Housekeeper so they can address carpet cleaning in their next meeting. Once again I’d like to thank you for commenting on your recent stay and apologize for the inconveniences you occurred.
Director of Customer Services

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!