“average hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
montreal
“average hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in May for a conference I had in Miami. We were 3 girls in a room with a double bed and sofa bed. The hotel staff was very nice and always pleasant to deal with. The room itself was very plain but good enough for the price we had paid. The kitchen was very modest and the cabinets were quite old but we didnt really care caus we werent there to stay in our room. The bathroom was a decent size and clean. the breakfest was quite decent with bagels, cereals, muffins and juices. it was convinient to have available snacks all through the day that you could grab with you.The only downside of that hotel was the smell...the carpet both in our room and in the whole hotel smelled like they had been wet...i dont know if it was caused by the humidity in Miami but everynight we got back to our hotel, we just had to open the windowns to air the room out. I would only consider coming back if im on a budget. overall an ok stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel offers and found our staff to be helpful as well as friendly. Still, I am sorry that you smelled a slight odor in your room. The housekeeping staff is working to eliminate the smell.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you enjoyed the conference and look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I thought the stay here was excellent! I came out here to check out graduate school so I didn't have an "extended stay". However, I enjoyed every second of my 3 days here, The front desk was very knowledgeable about the area and friendly. One of the front desk clerks (Oscar) guaranteed that I knew how to get around and took the time to help me understand where I was going in West Miami so I could handle all the business that I needed to take care of. As the other reviewers said yes breakfast does have a few options but what do you expect? This is an extended stay budget hotel. If you want a hearty breakfast go to IHOP. Its walking distance from the hotel. Also there was no evidence of any bugs, no bad smells, and everything was clean complete with a refrigerator, sink, stove, microwave, dishwasher, wi-fi and descent flat-screen TV. I even contemplated staying here for a few months!

So in short, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you visit with us for 3-days!

Miami Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just an average hotel.They are currently remodeling all the rooms. I was fortunate to get a newly remodeled one. Still, the beds are fairly uncomfortable and the complimentary breakfast lacked choice. Basically was cereal and toast. The staff is nice and the rooms are fully equipped with kitchen. Dont expect a maid to take out trash or change your towels. You must request this service if you want it. They only clean once a week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Charles - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that the staff provided you with such great service.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

For no reason stay here! SOme áreas are under construction. I got my room and it had a horrible smell, like someone had used the kitchen and there was a smell like oil, grease.. No telephone at the room and never got it while there. Breakfast with opportunities, few options....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stayci - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the construction going on while you stayed with us. As well, that there was an odor in your room and no telephone available. Please know, these updates are being made to our hotel so we can better serve gusts, like yourself.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mia@extendedstay.com . I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I rated this hotel 4 stars only because it is presently under renovation. The rooms are clean and, though small, seem quite spacious. The bed was very comfy and there is a sofa bed as well and a flat-screen tv. I loved the well-equipped kitchen - full sized fridge with icemaker, stove top, dishwasher and more-than-adequate cabinets.The china, cutlery and pots and pans were in good condition. Wifi is free and the signal is strong. There are several electrical outlets and a socket near to the table for a modem. All staff that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping schedule is like that of a time-share: once a week with a small fee if required more frequently. I did not use the shuttle and I would suggest a car as shopping and more restaurants are about 15 minutes away in Doral. Parking is free. I should mention that apparently the shuttle offers scheduled trips to the supermarket and shopping areas so you could check with the hotel.The free breakfast offers some variety and coffee, tea and juices are available 24/7. I would sometimes take an apple or orange from breakfast back to my room for a snack later. They need to work on their telephone extensions because the number they gave for my room never worked, and sometimes late at night there was no-one at the front desk to transfer the call. Btw, local calls are free. The hotel is close to the airport but I never once had a problem with noise. My room was on the first floor and at first I was worried because of other reviewers' comments about the noise, but I never experienced any noisy activity during my two-week stay. I would, however, suggest a room on a higher floor if available because on the ground floor I did not open the drapes for fear of any passer-by just looking in. I did not use the pool but it seemed a pleasant place to sit around and get some sun. I had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely return to this hotel. It sure beats a standard hotel room.

Room Tip: Passers-by can look into ground floor suites if drapes are open.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It pleases us to read that you enjoyed your room, the in-room kitchen, our new grab and go breakfast and the location of our hotel overall. Please accept my apologies for the phone in your room not working properly. We are working on fixing this issue now.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Eventhough the rooms are not very big, they are designed in such way that makes you feel like you are in a big room. The well equiped kitchen, table, bed, and cupboards are very practicaly arranged and there is even a sofabed should you get or bring more people!
Then you have a good staff at the lobby, most of the times Oscar is there willing to help you arrange transport, should you need to go anywhere in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The care of front desk guys is marvelous. They provide transportation nicely and promptly. All hotel worker are polite and kind. Their shuttle bus is suitable and comfortable Planning an extended stay in a hotel? Wait until you can make a reservation in homestead studios suites.

Room Tip: rooms from 200 - 300 series are better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!