“Don't go there!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Ext. Stay America Travelocity
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Don't go there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

For no reason stay here! SOme áreas are under construction. I got my room and it had a horrible smell, like someone had used the kitchen and there was a smell like oil, grease.. No telephone at the room and never got it while there. Breakfast with opportunities, few options....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Stayci - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the construction going on while you stayed with us. As well, that there was an odor in your room and no telephone available. Please know, these updates are being made to our hotel so we can better serve gusts, like yourself.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mia@extendedstay.com . I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I rated this hotel 4 stars only because it is presently under renovation. The rooms are clean and, though small, seem quite spacious. The bed was very comfy and there is a sofa bed as well and a flat-screen tv. I loved the well-equipped kitchen - full sized fridge with icemaker, stove top, dishwasher and more-than-adequate cabinets.The china, cutlery and pots and pans were in good condition. Wifi is free and the signal is strong. There are several electrical outlets and a socket near to the table for a modem. All staff that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping schedule is like that of a time-share: once a week with a small fee if required more frequently. I did not use the shuttle and I would suggest a car as shopping and more restaurants are about 15 minutes away in Doral. Parking is free. I should mention that apparently the shuttle offers scheduled trips to the supermarket and shopping areas so you could check with the hotel.The free breakfast offers some variety and coffee, tea and juices are available 24/7. I would sometimes take an apple or orange from breakfast back to my room for a snack later. They need to work on their telephone extensions because the number they gave for my room never worked, and sometimes late at night there was no-one at the front desk to transfer the call. Btw, local calls are free. The hotel is close to the airport but I never once had a problem with noise. My room was on the first floor and at first I was worried because of other reviewers' comments about the noise, but I never experienced any noisy activity during my two-week stay. I would, however, suggest a room on a higher floor if available because on the ground floor I did not open the drapes for fear of any passer-by just looking in. I did not use the pool but it seemed a pleasant place to sit around and get some sun. I had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely return to this hotel. It sure beats a standard hotel room.

Room Tip: Passers-by can look into ground floor suites if drapes are open.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It pleases us to read that you enjoyed your room, the in-room kitchen, our new grab and go breakfast and the location of our hotel overall. Please accept my apologies for the phone in your room not working properly. We are working on fixing this issue now.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Eventhough the rooms are not very big, they are designed in such way that makes you feel like you are in a big room. The well equiped kitchen, table, bed, and cupboards are very practicaly arranged and there is even a sofabed should you get or bring more people!
Then you have a good staff at the lobby, most of the times Oscar is there willing to help you arrange transport, should you need to go anywhere in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The care of front desk guys is marvelous. They provide transportation nicely and promptly. All hotel worker are polite and kind. Their shuttle bus is suitable and comfortable Planning an extended stay in a hotel? Wait until you can make a reservation in homestead studios suites.

Room Tip: rooms from 200 - 300 series are better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Homestead Suites for only a few hours, as we arrived there fairly late and left again at 3 in the morning to catch a very early flight out of Miami. I have to say that I've never had quite an experience like this. To our luck, the person working at the front desk was on his first day on the job, and he was way in over his head. When trying to check-in, he couldn't find our reservation, even though I had my confirmation email. He called someone for support (presumably his manager) and that started an hour long chain reaction of hysterical events, interrupted frequently by other equally amusing events.

Examples of such events included: 1. other guests wanting to order room service in Spanish, whereas the receptionist doesn't speak Spanish and the hotel doesn't even have room service!! 2. A lady desperately trying to get picked up with the shuttle from the airport, and the receptionist trying to locate the shuttle driver who happened to be on break (and also spoke mostly Spanish) and discovering that the driver had gone home for his break!

Eventually things reached their climax as the receptionist threatened to the person on the phone to quit (on his first night!!) because nothing was "popping up bro" on his computer. After an agonizing hour, he finally managed to check us in, but charged me the wrong rate. When showing him the correct rate on my email, he proceded to go through another set of very complex discussions with the mystery person on the phone, and they eventually worked out that they owed me a refund of 12 dollars. Failing to find any other solution, the receptionist proceded to pay me the difference in cash, in one dollar bills, out of his own pocket!!!

This was a very memorable experience, that will serve as excellent story telling material for years to come. Unfortunately though, it's not a hotel I would ever stay at again, "bro"!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I feel very comfortable in my accommodations during frequent extended visits to Miami. Very close proximity to the airport is a real bonus. An extra blanket, third pillow, 24/7 brewed coffee and substancial free breakfast are all part of an exceptional stay. Any and all staff members were receptive and compliant to my requests.

Room Tip: Renovation of the entire facility will bring everything up to date at an affordable price. I prefer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Im glad that you were able to take advantage of some of the extra amenities we offer such as the 24 hour coffee and extra room supplies.

Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I staid this place end of OCT. I planned to stay some nights but only within 12 hrs, I left this place because of room odor. Hotel assigned me room 335. I arrived after midnight and picked up my key, then right after opening the door, nasty odor rushed me.
It’s urine odor, must be some kind of animal urine. I felt nauseated and right away asked to change my room to the other.
Night shift clerk replied me there is no room available tonight… She was very helpful and gave me advice to ask it again after 11 am and may be, able to switch other room.
But I could not stay in that room long. So I stepped out to glocery store nearby and bought bottle of air refresher. After emptied the bottle, nothing happened. Room was still full of urine odor even fully opened windows.
I really thought sleeping in the stair room was 100 times better than sleeping in this room.
This room has one bed room and door separates from smelly living room but actually, it was not helpful. In the next morning, I asked checking out, not changing room to day shift clerk because of odor. He replied to me it’s not first complaint about odor. After checking out, I still felt some urine odor from my shoes and bags.

Manager / Owner should pay more attention about his/her facility. Each room must be treated as his/her own room. Room 335 should be cleaned up, changing carpet and may be changing floor panels for deodorize.

Fridge did not work too…

Room Tip: Avoid room 335 until fully refurbished.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, December 1, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for guests with pets. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience the smell in the room caused you. Please know that we are working diligently to correct the issue.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!