We stayed at the Homestead Suites for only a few hours, as we arrived there fairly late and left again at 3 in the morning to catch a very early flight out of Miami. I have to say that I've never had quite an experience like this. To our luck, the person working at the front desk was on his first day on the job, and he was way in over his head. When trying to check-in, he couldn't find our reservation, even though I had my confirmation email. He called someone for support (presumably his manager) and that started an hour long chain reaction of hysterical events, interrupted frequently by other equally amusing events.
Examples of such events included: 1. other guests wanting to order room service in Spanish, whereas the receptionist doesn't speak Spanish and the hotel doesn't even have room service!! 2. A lady desperately trying to get picked up with the shuttle from the airport, and the receptionist trying to locate the shuttle driver who happened to be on break (and also spoke mostly Spanish) and discovering that the driver had gone home for his break!
Eventually things reached their climax as the receptionist threatened to the person on the phone to quit (on his first night!!) because nothing was "popping up bro" on his computer. After an agonizing hour, he finally managed to check us in, but charged me the wrong rate. When showing him the correct rate on my email, he proceded to go through another set of very complex discussions with the mystery person on the phone, and they eventually worked out that they owed me a refund of 12 dollars. Failing to find any other solution, the receptionist proceded to pay me the difference in cash, in one dollar bills, out of his own pocket!!!
This was a very memorable experience, that will serve as excellent story telling material for years to come. Unfortunately though, it's not a hotel I would ever stay at again, "bro"!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Hotel Miami Springs
- Homestead Studio Suites Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Homestead Suites
- Homestead Suites Miami Springs
- Homestead Miami Springs