“HOME AWAY FROM HOME” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I feel very comfortable in my accommodations during frequent extended visits to Miami. Very close proximity to the airport is a real bonus. An extra blanket, third pillow, 24/7 brewed coffee and substancial free breakfast are all part of an exceptional stay. Any and all staff members were receptive and compliant to my requests.

Room Tip: Renovation of the entire facility will bring everything up to date at an affordable price. I prefer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Im glad that you were able to take advantage of some of the extra amenities we offer such as the 24 hour coffee and extra room supplies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I staid this place end of OCT. I planned to stay some nights but only within 12 hrs, I left this place because of room odor. Hotel assigned me room 335. I arrived after midnight and picked up my key, then right after opening the door, nasty odor rushed me.
It’s urine odor, must be some kind of animal urine. I felt nauseated and right away asked to change my room to the other.
Night shift clerk replied me there is no room available tonight… She was very helpful and gave me advice to ask it again after 11 am and may be, able to switch other room.
But I could not stay in that room long. So I stepped out to glocery store nearby and bought bottle of air refresher. After emptied the bottle, nothing happened. Room was still full of urine odor even fully opened windows.
I really thought sleeping in the stair room was 100 times better than sleeping in this room.
This room has one bed room and door separates from smelly living room but actually, it was not helpful. In the next morning, I asked checking out, not changing room to day shift clerk because of odor. He replied to me it’s not first complaint about odor. After checking out, I still felt some urine odor from my shoes and bags.

Manager / Owner should pay more attention about his/her facility. Each room must be treated as his/her own room. Room 335 should be cleaned up, changing carpet and may be changing floor panels for deodorize.

Fridge did not work too…

Room Tip: Avoid room 335 until fully refurbished.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, December 1, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for guests with pets. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience the smell in the room caused you. Please know that we are working diligently to correct the issue.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Although the hotel was undergoing renovation during my stay, my room was quite large with a 42 in LCD TV, a comfortable bed and a full size kitchen. My floor had not yet been renovated, but it was nonetheless fairly clean and although close to the airport, amazingly quiet. The desk chair was not very comfortable, but the bed provided above average comfort. The free Wi-Fi worked well, and while my check-in was uneventful, the front desk night clerk was unable to complete my early morning checkout due to an unfamiliar rate code which required a telephone call to clear up the next day. For $69/night, this hotel is recommended as basic airport accommodations and an above average value.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel appeared to be more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Northwest Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Airport shuttle driver was very nice. Desk person, Kevin, was great! 1st room was smoky. He changed us right away. 2nd room had broken air conditioner. He changed us in minutes. 3rd room was the charm. It was clean, cool and comfortable. Kevin helped us with directions to a restaurant we wanted to visit and in renting a car. Free internet in lobby along with coffee and juice. We stayed only one night before our cruise. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Rent a car so you can check out the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

A small but excellent hotel. Totally recommended
Great customer service, great location
The kitchenette was well-equipped. I could take a bit of the lobby's light breakfast up to my room, put it in the fridge, and toast/heat it later. Coffee & tea were available in the room too, although they both were also available in the lobby day and night.
Had an excellent stay, really.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property Daniela. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast options we have available complimentary to all our hotel guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had an excellent stay, rooms were great for my family with a kitchenette and a separated bedroom. Great location, quiet and alot of places to eat. Staff was excellent and attentive to all your needs, especially the Asst General Mgr. Ms. Rosario. Will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for writing a great review about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the quiet location and our close proximity to local eateries. As well, we look forward to sharing your great comments with the entire staff, including Ms. Rosario.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you once more for your kind words.
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay while I worked in Miami for 3 days. As I was working at night, I was hoping for a place that would be reasonably quiet during the day, so I could sleep. I also preferred a room with a kitchenette, so I wouldn't have to eat at restaurants every day.
What I liked:
1) it really WAS quiet during the day. The layout of my queen studio room was very good - the bathroom, plus a partial wall, is between the hallway and the bed, so I never heard any hallway noise. Also, the room has its own air conditioning unit, with an "always-on" fan option, which is another bonus for drowning out any exterior noise. On rare occasion I could faintly hear an aircraft take off, but only when I was already awake -- it never woke me up.
2) the fact that there is no daily maid service (during short stays) was also very helpful. (No mistaken knocks on the door from cleaning staff, wondering if my "do not disturb" sign was accurate -- that happens at other hotels sometimes!) I was left undisturbed for my entire stay, and was therefore able to sleep better during the day than I often can at other hotels.
3) the kitchenette was well-equipped. I could take a bit of the lobby's light breakfast up to my room, put it in the fridge, and toast/heat it later. Coffee & tea were available in the room too, although they both were also available in the lobby day and night.
4) free parking -- sometimes difficult to find in this area -- greatly appreciated, and helpful in keeping overall costs down.
5) staff were very friendly and helpful -- everyone I encountered, from the check-in staff, to the cleaning/breakfast area personnel, to the van driver, greeted me with a warm smile, were polite and professional, and were genuinely nice.
I can't think of anything I didn't like. All-in-all, I had a very restful stay, and a very pleasant experience, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for writing such a great review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We are glad to hear that we reached our goal on providing a "home away from home" for your short visit to the area. It is good to hear that the room was quiet, you enjoyed the regular housekeeping service offered and the friendliness of the entire team while you stayed with us. We will be sure to share all of your great comments and with everyone, and thank them for a job well done.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!