“Great Staff, Good Location, Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Northwest Indiana
“Great Staff, Good Location, Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Airport shuttle driver was very nice. Desk person, Kevin, was great! 1st room was smoky. He changed us right away. 2nd room had broken air conditioner. He changed us in minutes. 3rd room was the charm. It was clean, cool and comfortable. Kevin helped us with directions to a restaurant we wanted to visit and in renting a car. Free internet in lobby along with coffee and juice. We stayed only one night before our cruise. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Rent a car so you can check out the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

A small but excellent hotel. Totally recommended
Great customer service, great location
The kitchenette was well-equipped. I could take a bit of the lobby's light breakfast up to my room, put it in the fridge, and toast/heat it later. Coffee & tea were available in the room too, although they both were also available in the lobby day and night.
Had an excellent stay, really.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property Daniela. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast options we have available complimentary to all our hotel guests.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had an excellent stay, rooms were great for my family with a kitchenette and a separated bedroom. Great location, quiet and alot of places to eat. Staff was excellent and attentive to all your needs, especially the Asst General Mgr. Ms. Rosario. Will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for writing a great review about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the quiet location and our close proximity to local eateries. As well, we look forward to sharing your great comments with the entire staff, including Ms. Rosario.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you once more for your kind words.
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay while I worked in Miami for 3 days. As I was working at night, I was hoping for a place that would be reasonably quiet during the day, so I could sleep. I also preferred a room with a kitchenette, so I wouldn't have to eat at restaurants every day.
What I liked:
1) it really WAS quiet during the day. The layout of my queen studio room was very good - the bathroom, plus a partial wall, is between the hallway and the bed, so I never heard any hallway noise. Also, the room has its own air conditioning unit, with an "always-on" fan option, which is another bonus for drowning out any exterior noise. On rare occasion I could faintly hear an aircraft take off, but only when I was already awake -- it never woke me up.
2) the fact that there is no daily maid service (during short stays) was also very helpful. (No mistaken knocks on the door from cleaning staff, wondering if my "do not disturb" sign was accurate -- that happens at other hotels sometimes!) I was left undisturbed for my entire stay, and was therefore able to sleep better during the day than I often can at other hotels.
3) the kitchenette was well-equipped. I could take a bit of the lobby's light breakfast up to my room, put it in the fridge, and toast/heat it later. Coffee & tea were available in the room too, although they both were also available in the lobby day and night.
4) free parking -- sometimes difficult to find in this area -- greatly appreciated, and helpful in keeping overall costs down.
5) staff were very friendly and helpful -- everyone I encountered, from the check-in staff, to the cleaning/breakfast area personnel, to the van driver, greeted me with a warm smile, were polite and professional, and were genuinely nice.
I can't think of anything I didn't like. All-in-all, I had a very restful stay, and a very pleasant experience, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for writing such a great review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We are glad to hear that we reached our goal on providing a "home away from home" for your short visit to the area. It is good to hear that the room was quiet, you enjoyed the regular housekeeping service offered and the friendliness of the entire team while you stayed with us. We will be sure to share all of your great comments and with everyone, and thank them for a job well done.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
North Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

six months out of the year I stay here at the homestead studio suites and I can honestly say that I feel right at home the entire stay. They have great customer service and treat me like part of the family. I'd suggest this hotel to anyone wether they are on vaction or just here for buissess. Im glad to call the place my second home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bobby C, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Chris F,

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am delighted that we have achieved our motto "your home away from home" as well as our goal to treat our guests like we would treat our own families. We hope to see you again here at your second home soon!
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I called the hotel for the shuttle transportation.The person who received the call was Oscar.He said it would pick me up in 15 minutes.And there it was in 15 minutes.I reached the hotel after being driven there by a friendly driver- Carlos - a retired carpenter.I met Oscar at the front desk.I asked for a room on the highest floor.I got it.I asked for a room with a single bed.I got it.I asked for a room near the elevator.I GOT IT!The service rendered by Oscar couldn't be any better.He surpassed my expectations.Guess where I will be staying next time I am in Miami.........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for all your positive comments! I will personally thank Oscar for providing great guest service to our guests. I am glad that Oscar was able to accommodate your request to make you as comfortable as possible. We look forward to your next visit to Miami! See you soon!
Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

im here with my family more than a week im very thanks full for the great service
the staff is really friendly ,rooms are clean and they always there for any help
thanks again for u excellent service.
nice location and very very good people

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments on the great service and clean room that you received on your last visit! We strive to provide this great service and clean rooms to all of our guests so they feel as though they are staying at their own or families house while away from their normal home. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!