I was looking for a place to stay while I worked in Miami for 3 days. As I was working at night, I was hoping for a place that would be reasonably quiet during the day, so I could sleep. I also preferred a room with a kitchenette, so I wouldn't have to eat at restaurants every day.
What I liked:
1) it really WAS quiet during the day. The layout of my queen studio room was very good - the bathroom, plus a partial wall, is between the hallway and the bed, so I never heard any hallway noise. Also, the room has its own air conditioning unit, with an "always-on" fan option, which is another bonus for drowning out any exterior noise. On rare occasion I could faintly hear an aircraft take off, but only when I was already awake -- it never woke me up.
2) the fact that there is no daily maid service (during short stays) was also very helpful. (No mistaken knocks on the door from cleaning staff, wondering if my "do not disturb" sign was accurate -- that happens at other hotels sometimes!) I was left undisturbed for my entire stay, and was therefore able to sleep better during the day than I often can at other hotels.
3) the kitchenette was well-equipped. I could take a bit of the lobby's light breakfast up to my room, put it in the fridge, and toast/heat it later. Coffee & tea were available in the room too, although they both were also available in the lobby day and night.
4) free parking -- sometimes difficult to find in this area -- greatly appreciated, and helpful in keeping overall costs down.
5) staff were very friendly and helpful -- everyone I encountered, from the check-in staff, to the cleaning/breakfast area personnel, to the van driver, greeted me with a warm smile, were polite and professional, and were genuinely nice.
I can't think of anything I didn't like. All-in-all, I had a very restful stay, and a very pleasant experience, at a very reasonable price.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for writing such a great review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We are glad to hear that we reached our goal on providing a "home away from home" for your short visit to the area. It is good to hear that the room was quiet, you enjoyed the regular housekeeping service offered and the friendliness of the entire team while you stayed with us. We will be sure to share all of your great comments and with everyone, and thank them for a job well done.
Report response as inappropriate
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.