Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Miami Springs, Florida
“Nancy c.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

im here with my family more than a week im very thanks full for the great service
the staff is really friendly ,rooms are clean and they always there for any help
thanks again for u excellent service.
nice location and very very good people

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bobby C, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for the great comments on the great service and clean room that you received on your last visit! We strive to provide this great service and clean rooms to all of our guests so they feel as though they are staying at their own or families house while away from their normal home. We hope to see you again soon!

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I don't usually stay in Miami much - usually in-transit. I was there for 3 nights for business and needed somewhere close to the airport and close my work.

PROS:
1. Very spacious rooms. It's a quite with queen-sized bed, sofa, lounge area (big for hotel standards), kitchen (with big fridge, microwave and two burner electric stove) and TV. Now it's no "5-star" hotel so don't expect bells & whistles - simple decor.
2. For the price - damn cheap!! I only paid USD80/night.
3. Shuttle to/from airport - but you have to call them when you land, It's not a fixed schedule (at least when I was there).
4. No onsite restaurant but iHOP closeby and you can get breakfast/whatever as well as few other places.
5. WIFI is free - a huge plus. Many hotels have poor in-room wifi signal when they offer free but this one never shut down and worked fine on my laptop and phone!
6. Staff helpful. Organised my cab to/from work everyday.
7. SUPER quiet.....it's like NEXT to airport but probably on the side when nothing lands but you'll never know you are near the airport.
8. Really good A/C - sounds silly but it helped in summer!

No Comment:
1. There's breakfast BUT it finishes at 9am so I never made it. Can't say what it's like.
2. Pool also but didn't use it. Looked clean though.
3. Supposedly has laundramat but again, no need to use it.

CONS:
1. It's more designed for "extended" visitors so no housekeeping service. They have a once week service but I wasn't there that long. BUT - you get lots of towels and I never had a problem.
2. Place is like dead!! Nothing really in walking distance so even to get some stuff like cooking stuff means u need to take a taxi or drive. There's only like 2-3 restaurants in walking distance so not much variety.
3. Sounds wierd but place had a "smell" when I arrived - difficult to describe but like dog shampoo. Not such it was my be getting accustomed or the A/C, but the room itself stopped smelling after the first few hours.
4. No ICE machine in hotel BUT I simply put the one in the freezer in the room and voila so not really a problem. Like I said before, it's a full-size fridge/freezer.

Overall, great cheap place for quick trips when you need to stay near the airport. Not close to anything so be aware if you wanna use this for a vacation base - will need a car for sure and you aren't close to much really.

Didn't give 5-stars simply because of the smell when I arrived - it kinda freaked me out but it went away eventually!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities in the kitchen area. I will address the aroma that you experienced when you arrived with our maintenance staff to ensure we eliminate anything abnormal. We pride ourself on offering a clean and inviting room at a reasonable price and I am glad we accomplished that. I hope that next time you are in the Miami Airport area, we see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I stated here for about a week. I came too check-in. Very small lobby but the guy in the front desk was nice an very handsome. The room price was a great value it was clean. Tv had great channels the kitchen was big an well organize. We had a old couch so they gotta change that. I will stay here again my next trip.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that the staff you encountered was nice and accommodating. I am also happy to hear that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and value of our hotels. I am excited to see you back on your next trip to the Miami area!
St. John's, Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here overnight while in transit to Virginia and I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly right from the shuttle driver who picked me up at the airport to the attendant at the front desk. The room was fine, clean and well organised. The cable television had a very wide selection of channels to choose from all with premium channels. I travel often enough often having to stay in Miami during my travels and now I know where to spend those over night stays on future trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that your room was clean and comfortable. I am glad you found a new home while in the Miami area! We hope to see you soon!
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Came to homestead to stay one night before cruise check in was fine. The staff is friendly... But the room had the worst smell I've ever smelled in a hotel but it was one night so we got over it. Since it was one night, the other thing is the bed didn't have a mattress pad on it jus the fitting sheet and the mattress so I had to take the back up sheet to put over the fitted sheet just to be comfortable. The bed could use bed skirts so you don't have to see the worn out mattress. Homestead has the potential to be a great hotel great price just a little work good luck.

Room Tip: Good for one night stays.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here at Homestead. I would like to apologize regarding the smell and bed problems that you experienced during your stay. We will follow up with our maintenance department to ensure that we eliminate the unpleasant odor you encountered. We will also address your comments with our housekeeping department to ensure that every bed has a mattress pad on it. You will also be happy to know that in the near future, we will be upgrading your stay to including new bedding with bedskirts! I hope that in the future, you will try Homestead and Extended Stay Hotels again!
Smyrna, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was our second year staying at this hotel. We plan to make it our hotel when we visit south florida. It has everything we needed as a family. The rooms are clean,the staff is nice,since the last visit it seems that they have done some upgrading. We will definitely return.Oh and there is a little cute restaurant/bar that we frequented(during the day,night is not for family) the airport cafe,nice place!

Room Tip: they only do room service once a week unless asked.they only have a small morning breakfast, no rest...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Homestead Studio Suites Miami - Airport - Miami Springs.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Homestead Studio Suites Miami - Airport - Miami Springs takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I haven't been here in two years, but the hotel is still the same. Service in the rooms once a week. Hard to get extra soap or shampoo - the bars last 3 days, not a full week, same with the shampoo, for one person. You are almost better off buying or bringing your own.

Clean, good A/C.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter which room really. Get one away frm the pool to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 305-870-0448.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Pool, Free Park...
Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Free Breakfast...
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!