Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
California
“Not secure”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

We stayed here during a business trip to Miami. I normally like Homestead Hotels, but not this one.
I should have posted this warning sooner, but am just about to take another trip to Miami and am not going to use Priceline to make sure we don't get this hotel again. Instead I am reading traveler reviews on this site to make a better choice, and decided to share my experience.
It first appears to be a nice hotel, but borders a bad neighborhood and the grounds back to a park.
The parking lot has no security of any kind, no fence, no camera, no security guard. Our vehicle was broken into and everything inside stolen. We had driven a van and there was business property inside we could not transport to our room--it must have taken a little while to clean it out. The police who responded said it happened there frequently and the hotel had been advised repeatedly to install cameras, but would not. We were also told by the police a similar event had happened there THE PREVIOUS NIGHT but there were no warnings or information given to guests.
The management acted absolutely unconcerned about the event.
Unfortunately I had booked two consecutive weekends through Priceline and had to return the subsequent weekend. The manager had assured us that we would have a room where we could park outside our own window on our return, but when we returned we were told he was on vacation and no such room was reserved for us. Again, no one seemed to care even a little bit.
Only use this hotel if you are not parking a vehicle and if your transportation can safely drop you at the door and watch you enter.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durham NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

Upon arriving at the Comfort Inn Suites near the Miami Airport, and thinking it looked awful, I decided to go across the street to this hotel, as it certainly looked new and inviting.

While the lobby, pool, and public rooms looked great, once we got up to our room, we found it was FILTHY, I believe they MAY have changed the sheets and towels since the last people were in it (or at least we prayed they had), that was all.

We spent an uncomfortable night there (I think I got at least one bite from some insect) and couldn't get out of there fast enuf in the morning.

Oh yeah, and the airport shuttle doesn't start running until 7am, so if you have an early morning flight you'll pay for your own cab.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Filthy
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
u.s
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. From outside hotel looks neat and o.k. Even the reception area and breakfast room are well maintained. Once you enter the room its a whole different story. As soon as we entered the room it had a very bad odor. So we had to use room freshener everyday. That somewhat minimized the bad odor. Kitchen is large enough but all the appliances and microwave were dirty and had food stains on them and we couldn't use. We didn't use the sofa either since it looked dirty and had stains on it. T.V remote was oily as well. Beds were another horror story. Sheets and pillows smelled bad. We asked for fresh sheets and pillow covers. Even the fresh ones smelled bad. we were in non-smoke room. Corridors in non-smoke room area had heavy cigarette smell. Front desk staff and the lady who came to change the sheet were friendly and helpful. But standard of the hotel is just below average and it’s not in a good neighborhood. If you choose to stay in this hotel, make sure you have room freshener and disinfectant handy.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2006

I was informed in the end of 2005 that I was going to be staying at this property for 6 weeks in spring of 2006 for a job training in Miami. When reading the reviews here I was horrified. I equiped myself with all sorts of disinfectants and anti-roach sprays. Arriving at this property I was plesantly surprised. It is far from described in the previous reviews. The building and the area is actually very nice, clean and well kept. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the kitchen provides everything you might need for the longer stay. If you need something your room does not include I haven't had any problems getting it from the friendly front desk staff. Yes, this is an extended stay facility so you should be aware of their "housekeeping rules". However the weekly service provided was all I needed as I was given 9 towels each week and if you try and keep your room clean by yourself you should not have a problem. If you do require a more frequent housekeeping service it is only an additional 5 bucks. I certainly would not recommend this place for a turist stay of one, two or just a few nights as there are better and more appropriate hotels nearby, but for an extended stay this is a very good option and after spending 41 nights at this facility I would gladly do it again.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2005

They only clean the rooms once every seven days. My family and I stayed there for 5 days and they NEVER cleaned our room. They claim to have a refresh service after the second night, but that only means that someone comes up to you room and hands you fresh towels and trashbags. They do not even vacuum, make the bed etc. It was a horrible experience and I would NEVER go back again. Given that they never clean the room, the visitors on our last day were no surprise. We saw a live roach in the bath tub and another in the kitchen. I would never recommend in a million years

• Stayed June 2005
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2005

I made reservations for this hotel based on it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor and it's 3 star ranking on Travelocity. It was a HUGE mistake. My husband and 9 year old daughter flew into Miami at 9:00 p.m. and were expecting to take the "promoted" hotel shuttle to the hotel from the airport. The shuttle stops running at 8:00 p.m. so they were forced to take a taxi. The staff were friendly and competent at the check-in. The room was filthy and stunk. There was dried blood on the faucet in the bathroom. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The furnishings were old and in disrepair. Most importantly, the location of the hotel is in a TERRIBLE section of town. It is close to the airport, but there was a Comfort Suites that looked like a much better choice. This dump of a room cost $105 for the evening. I stress the fact that it was for the evening since many "fine" hotels within walking distance to this one rented their rooms by the hour! Just skip this whole area and drive a little further to and from the airport. I know I wish that we did!!!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2004

This hotel is somewhat different from standard Homestead hotels since it used to be another hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room we stayed in was huge and comfortable. We had 2 beds and a sofa with a full kitchnette. The table is also bigger than usual ones in Homestead rooms. They offer free breakfast during weekdays, and there is a small gym room within the hotel. Our stay was a happy experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!