You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, FL 33166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
u.s
“Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. From outside hotel looks neat and o.k. Even the reception area and breakfast room are well maintained. Once you enter the room its a whole different story. As soon as we entered the room it had a very bad odor. So we had to use room freshener everyday. That somewhat minimized the bad odor. Kitchen is large enough but all the appliances and microwave were dirty and had food stains on them and we couldn't use. We didn't use the sofa either since it looked dirty and had stains on it. T.V remote was oily as well. Beds were another horror story. Sheets and pillows smelled bad. We asked for fresh sheets and pillow covers. Even the fresh ones smelled bad. we were in non-smoke room. Corridors in non-smoke room area had heavy cigarette smell. Front desk staff and the lady who came to change the sheet were friendly and helpful. But standard of the hotel is just below average and it’s not in a good neighborhood. If you choose to stay in this hotel, make sure you have room freshener and disinfectant handy.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank lovesbeach

Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

I was informed in the end of 2005 that I was going to be staying at this property for 6 weeks in spring of 2006 for a job training in Miami. When reading the reviews here I was horrified. I equiped myself with all sorts of disinfectants and anti-roach sprays. Arriving at this property I was plesantly surprised. It is far from described in the previous reviews. The building and the area is actually very nice, clean and well kept. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the kitchen provides everything you might need for the longer stay. If you need something your room does not include I haven't had any problems getting it from the friendly front desk staff. Yes, this is an extended stay facility so you should be aware of their "housekeeping rules". However the weekly service provided was all I needed as I was given 9 towels each week and if you try and keep your room clean by yourself you should not have a problem. If you do require a more frequent housekeeping service it is only an additional 5 bucks. I certainly would not recommend this place for a turist stay of one, two or just a few nights as there are better and more appropriate hotels nearby, but for an extended stay this is a very good option and after spending 41 nights at this facility I would gladly do it again.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Slo-Lju
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

They only clean the rooms once every seven days. My family and I stayed there for 5 days and they NEVER cleaned our room. They claim to have a refresh service after the second night, but that only means that someone comes up to you room and hands you fresh towels and trashbags. They do not even vacuum, make the bed etc. It was a horrible experience and I would NEVER go back again. Given that they never clean the room, the visitors on our last day were no surprise. We saw a live roach in the bath tub and another in the kitchen. I would never recommend in a million years

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank traveldiva4life
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2005

I made reservations for this hotel based on it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor and it's 3 star ranking on Travelocity. It was a HUGE mistake. My husband and 9 year old daughter flew into Miami at 9:00 p.m. and were expecting to take the "promoted" hotel shuttle to the hotel from the airport. The shuttle stops running at 8:00 p.m. so they were forced to take a taxi. The staff were friendly and competent at the check-in. The room was filthy and stunk. There was dried blood on the faucet in the bathroom. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The furnishings were old and in disrepair. Most importantly, the location of the hotel is in a TERRIBLE section of town. It is close to the airport, but there was a Comfort Suites that looked like a much better choice. This dump of a room cost $105 for the evening. I stress the fact that it was for the evening since many "fine" hotels within walking distance to this one rented their rooms by the hour! Just skip this whole area and drive a little further to and from the airport. I know I wish that we did!!!

4 Thank CharlestonNative
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2004

This hotel is somewhat different from standard Homestead hotels since it used to be another hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room we stayed in was huge and comfortable. We had 2 beds and a sofa with a full kitchnette. The table is also bigger than usual ones in Homestead rooms. They offer free breakfast during weekdays, and there is a small gym room within the hotel. Our stay was a happy experience.

5 Thank lizzylizzy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Miami International Airport Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!