“One night before cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Angus, Canada
“One night before cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great spot to stay. Everything u need in a one night stay.

Good service
Clean room
Decent free breakfast(needs bacon)
Shuttle from airport
Shuttle to port
Close to food

If u stay here, make sure to rent a car attractions, shopping, and better food is like a 10 min away. Rental - $30 bucks

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Turku
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

One of the worst hotel performances I've encountered with. WARNING there was NO free airport shuttle running like the advertised and as this was one of the reasons I chose this hotel.

We waited one hour at the airport for the shuttle. NUMBER SHOWN AT THE WEBSITE DID NOT WORK as we would have called what's wrong with the airport shuttle service. All other hotels shuttles seemed to be running all the time. After the taxi ride to the hotel, their explanation for the missing shuttle was: driver is sick. When I asked why didn't their phone number worked the answer was: we don't know. Maybe it's because of some area code etc not mentioned on the website for us coming from outside of u.s? No apologies or discount what so ever after we asked for some discount.

The room was quite smelly and moist. There was a bee-nest outside, touchin the dirty window. So window could not be opened and obviously their housekeeping would not open it either, or even swipe the dirty window.

I would rather eat again in a closeby fastfood joint then at their free breakfast. There was not enough tables for guests. There is a woffle/pancake machine that's like disney world - you have to wait in line approximately 30 minutes to make yourself a woffle. If you are lucky you might be able to be at breakfast when its not crowded though.

Luckily stayed only one night. If it's not really neccessary for you stay at the airport hotel, I advice you to go straight to your final destination. We were heading to Orlando next Morning and the hotels there are amazing (we stayed at the Embassy suites buena vista south, kissimmee). I wish I would have just took the car and drive there straight away at night instead of thinking of getting a nights sleep in this dump.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Sleep Inn hotels are normally very good hotels and as a brand we would always pick them if staying close to an airport.

But unfortunately this Sleep Inn has let the entire brand down. Checking in was not too bad, slow but okay. Rooms we're clean enough, a bit below their normal standard. But okay.

What really lets down this Sleep Inn down are the staff. We along with several other guests had problems. The elevators did not work. The tvs went out. And when I tried to get a bottle of water out of the vending machine it took my money. When I requested assistance,I had to get Frank Rodrgiz (Operations Manager that's what it said on his name tag) to stop texting on his phone. I was then told to ask Brian at the front desk who was trying to check guests in. The 'operations manager' headed off somewhere else because I guess my request was not important. I waited for 15 minutes before he returned & he seemed quite surprised I was still there. I then had to tell him a second time what the issue was, he did manage to stop texting for the two minutes it took me to explain again what the problem was. I guess I should be grateful that he took some of his valuable personal time, texting, whatever time to help me.

When we and several other guests complained about the televisions being down we were all greeted with smugness & very poor attitudes.

Would I ever return to this Sleep Inn, NO! The staff are unhelpful, smug & there is a very strong smell of smoke thru out the hotel.

It is a shame about this hotel, because now when choosing a hotel I will defiantly think twice about booking with Sleep Inn.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I made the reservation online while staying in a hotel across the street. The Sleep Inn is nice and very quiet. The location is perfect, since it is near the airport and has a free shuttle. The pool and outdoor area is a plus, along with the convenient washer and dryer room. The front desk staff were all very pleasant and extremely helpful. The port shuttle was $10 and was there on time. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was there for only one evening and had arrived in Miami the day before a cruise. The free shuttle from the airport to the motel made a trip every half hour and the driver was courteous. The short trip only lasted about ten minutes. The motel was clean and comfortable and the desk personnel polite and friendly. Compared to motel at which I stayed last year it was much nicer and didn't show the wear and tear of some others which cater to cruise vacationers. Not many eateries in the area but a 4 block walk took me to a sports bar with good sandwiches. They also offer complimentary toiletry items which of which I had to make use. They also offer, for a fee, shuttle service to the pier for embarkation. A nondescript stay but pleasant and very suitable for my needs.

Room Tip: None to offer
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable but had a not so pleasant odour. Good provisions in the room which included tea and coffee machine and free ice on the same floor. Shower was great. Breakfast not so good and sadly lacked variety. We only had waffles, cereals, fruit and boiled eggs for breakfast. The hotel lacks hospatility support and as a foreign visitor to Miami, felt very unsettled as the airport shuttle was very late.

Room Tip: Book rooms facing the golf course
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

For our case, the positive aspect of this hotel was the location: the street behind the airport. Even being so close, we did not hear aircraft noise. The hotel overall is a dirty place. The WIFI internet just does not work, the connection is lost all the time. The breakfast area is tiny, the tables are poorly cleaned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!