“One night stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Salem, Oregon
“One night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was there for only one evening and had arrived in Miami the day before a cruise. The free shuttle from the airport to the motel made a trip every half hour and the driver was courteous. The short trip only lasted about ten minutes. The motel was clean and comfortable and the desk personnel polite and friendly. Compared to motel at which I stayed last year it was much nicer and didn't show the wear and tear of some others which cater to cruise vacationers. Not many eateries in the area but a 4 block walk took me to a sports bar with good sandwiches. They also offer complimentary toiletry items which of which I had to make use. They also offer, for a fee, shuttle service to the pier for embarkation. A nondescript stay but pleasant and very suitable for my needs.

Room Tip: None to offer
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable but had a not so pleasant odour. Good provisions in the room which included tea and coffee machine and free ice on the same floor. Shower was great. Breakfast not so good and sadly lacked variety. We only had waffles, cereals, fruit and boiled eggs for breakfast. The hotel lacks hospatility support and as a foreign visitor to Miami, felt very unsettled as the airport shuttle was very late.

Room Tip: Book rooms facing the golf course
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

For our case, the positive aspect of this hotel was the location: the street behind the airport. Even being so close, we did not hear aircraft noise. The hotel overall is a dirty place. The WIFI internet just does not work, the connection is lost all the time. The breakfast area is tiny, the tables are poorly cleaned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked a room with a roll away and when the 3 of us arrived, no roll away. Even better, I was told I could sleep on the floor with one sheet and one blanket. No pillow. We cancelled the room and went to a better hotel. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Save your money.

Stayed January 2014
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The area is ok. The pool area was pristine and had a locked gate which was nice. The hotel front desk staff was very helpful, and breakfast was plentiful...sausage, waffles, cereal etc... very good. The rooms were good size, and the shower was HUGE and AMAZING!!!! The bed was comfortable and the shuttle driver was awesome and recommended a great place to eat within walking distance. I requested a 3rd floor room and I received it. We would definitly stay here again. The shuttle to the port was timely and easy for 10.00 per person.

Room Tip: request higher up
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I read the reviews before I booked so I wasn't expecting anything great. We got to the hotel at 11:30pm and had room 109. I asked for a quiet room, which 109 certainly was not. When I got to the room the door was open. A little weirded out, but okay. There was a half empty water bottle and used soap on the counter. I am not sure if the room was never thoroughly cleaned or maybe a staff member was using the room for personal reasons. I was only in the room 10hours. I would stay some place else next time...

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We selected the Sleep Inn because it is really close to the Miami International Airport, not too far from the port terminal, and offers a free shuttle. The shuttle arrived on time and brought us to the hotel quickly and safely. The front desk staff was very friendly and made us feel at home. The room was clean, well maintained, and met all of our needs. My only complaint is that the bed was fairly stiff, so I woke up a little sore. However, there is not a lot of traffic on the adjacent street, and the minimal noise was drowned out by the air conditioner.
The next morning, we enjoyed their free continental breakfast and started our vacation groove by taking a dip in their outdoor pool, which was clean and refreshing. They also arranged a shuttle ($10 per person) to take us to the terminal to pick up our ship. If we ever take another cruise out of Miami, we will definitely book a room at this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has three floors, and for our next stay, we will ask for a room on the third floor to avo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!