“Great place to stay on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Kingston, Jamaica
“Great place to stay on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed there this summer. It was affordable, clean, centrally located and the staff was great! Good job sleep Inn! I would definitely recommend that if you're on a budget, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very generic, so if you decide to stay beyond a week budget for breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello Tammy876

I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with us. We try very hard to make sure our guest are happy. So it's nice to hear that we did just that. Tammy876 thank you very much for your compliment it is greatly appreciated.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vaasa, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were flying in to Miami in the evening and continuing our journey in the morning so we figured an airport hotel would do and went for the Sleep Inn. We waited for the airport transportation for about 45 min and just as we were getting a cab the van arrived. There was only one person manning the reception so it took another 20 min or so before we got our room as he was taking calls etc in between getting guests their room. The room itself could have done with an update, especially the bathroom. Also, free wifi is included but it does not really work (or is beyond slow). We did however sleep okayish, even though the walls are definitely on the thin side and breakfast, as in orange juice, coffee, cereal, donuts, muffins and yogurt, is included. May work for a layover but not much else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place is a dump. The nonsmoking rooms smell smoky. The carpet is old and muggy. The AC semi works and discharges a mildew smell. The hotel had no double rooms left and gave me an option of staying in two single bed rooms. I have two girls, how the heck am I suppose to make that arrangement work on a family vacation??? They didn't discount a room for me for this inconvenience. I had reservations...don't waste your time reserving bc they will overbook and give you a poor resolution. My suggestion find something else!

• Stayed August 2013
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello Jbb298,

I would first like to thank you for comment your comment helps us to become better at our jobs. I would also like to apologize to you for your disappointing stay with us. Your concerns and issues did not go un heard. Jbb298 at this very moment we are renovating our guest rooms our renovating includes new bedding, pictures, carpet, furniture, lighting, painting, bathroom, drapes, and at the end of the renovation we will recarpet the entire hotel. On your next visit to Miami stop in and take a look, you can ask to see me the General Manager.

Once again I apologize nd thank you
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hello again tripers...stayed in a non smoking room....queen...2nd floor.
Great location....right on a golf corse.
nice breakfast
safe
clean
good room

Cons:

Shower head needs updating
walls are a little thin

Over all I will be back.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the parking lot or golf corse....Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Tahoeloc,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one. I will pass the compliment on to my staff. It will make their day. I also thank you for comment you made on the shower heads this is something I will surely look into improving.
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Just an average airport hotel for the USA. There is absolutely nothing special about this hotel. If you need just one night it is a good option. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. However when we arrived we could not get the hotel so we had to take a taxi.

• Stayed April 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This location has so much potential to be a great Sleep Inn, but has so many flaws is hard to recommend this property. The location is about 5 minutes from the airport and close to many fast food choices that are open late, kind of a tough location to find off the main road, Plenty of parking is available, and secure pool as well; but very employees who work their, just limited in what they can do. Rooms are in major need of a facelift, carpets are extremely dirty, lighting is old and out of date, bathroom are stand up showers not tubs but the shower doors in one of our rooms was held together with screw brackets. TV while being 32" is very hard too see as you cannot adjust the brightness. Bedding was also stained and damaged in addition to lacking of any real touch. Their are better local choices for a modest price. A refresh here and it would be a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NW Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Off to a bad start right away when I attempted to call the hotel for shuttle pickup from airport. I kept getting an automated voice that said "press 1 for English" and then "please hold". And then "press 1 for English" and then "please hold" again. I tried calling 3 times and finally gave up and purchased a shuttle ride for $17 from another company. When I arrived at the hotel, I told the desk clerk what happened, but no apologies/explanation were given. The phone in my room did not work and I had to contact front desk twice before they sent someone up to fix it. There was also trouble with the plumbing and my toilet clogged. Other than that.... the room was clean and quiet, the location was good, nice pool area, and delicious breakfast. I'm glad I only had to stay one night :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!