“Find another lodging.” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
“Find another lodging.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a dump. The nonsmoking rooms smell smoky. The carpet is old and muggy. The AC semi works and discharges a mildew smell. The hotel had no double rooms left and gave me an option of staying in two single bed rooms. I have two girls, how the heck am I suppose to make that arrangement work on a family vacation??? They didn't discount a room for me for this inconvenience. I had reservations...don't waste your time reserving bc they will overbook and give you a poor resolution. My suggestion find something else!

• Stayed August 2013
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello Jbb298,

I would first like to thank you for comment your comment helps us to become better at our jobs. I would also like to apologize to you for your disappointing stay with us. Your concerns and issues did not go un heard. Jbb298 at this very moment we are renovating our guest rooms our renovating includes new bedding, pictures, carpet, furniture, lighting, painting, bathroom, drapes, and at the end of the renovation we will recarpet the entire hotel. On your next visit to Miami stop in and take a look, you can ask to see me the General Manager.

Once again I apologize nd thank you

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hello again tripers...stayed in a non smoking room....queen...2nd floor.
Great location....right on a golf corse.
nice breakfast
safe
clean
good room

Cons:

Shower head needs updating
walls are a little thin

Over all I will be back.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the parking lot or golf corse....Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Tahoeloc,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one. I will pass the compliment on to my staff. It will make their day. I also thank you for comment you made on the shower heads this is something I will surely look into improving.
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Just an average airport hotel for the USA. There is absolutely nothing special about this hotel. If you need just one night it is a good option. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. However when we arrived we could not get the hotel so we had to take a taxi.

• Stayed April 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This location has so much potential to be a great Sleep Inn, but has so many flaws is hard to recommend this property. The location is about 5 minutes from the airport and close to many fast food choices that are open late, kind of a tough location to find off the main road, Plenty of parking is available, and secure pool as well; but very employees who work their, just limited in what they can do. Rooms are in major need of a facelift, carpets are extremely dirty, lighting is old and out of date, bathroom are stand up showers not tubs but the shower doors in one of our rooms was held together with screw brackets. TV while being 32" is very hard too see as you cannot adjust the brightness. Bedding was also stained and damaged in addition to lacking of any real touch. Their are better local choices for a modest price. A refresh here and it would be a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NW Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Off to a bad start right away when I attempted to call the hotel for shuttle pickup from airport. I kept getting an automated voice that said "press 1 for English" and then "please hold". And then "press 1 for English" and then "please hold" again. I tried calling 3 times and finally gave up and purchased a shuttle ride for $17 from another company. When I arrived at the hotel, I told the desk clerk what happened, but no apologies/explanation were given. The phone in my room did not work and I had to contact front desk twice before they sent someone up to fix it. There was also trouble with the plumbing and my toilet clogged. Other than that.... the room was clean and quiet, the location was good, nice pool area, and delicious breakfast. I'm glad I only had to stay one night :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reasonably priced, quiet surroundings. Airport shuttle runs hourly, more or less. Staff helpful. They have a list of local restaurants that will deliver if you don't want to brave the streets. Close to port and airport. Room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were at the Sleep Inn in April 2013 before a cruise.
The hotel is located near the airport but on a back street so you don't get the noise from the busy NW36th. We had no problem with the pick up from the airport. You can use the free hotel phones at the arrival levels. The instructions were very clear and the gentleman who drove us to the hotel (Lazaro) was very nice and gave a lot of information. The hotel offers a shuttle to the port for a minimal fee. As prices may change, check with the hotel for the current prices.

Upon arrival we were assigned Room 236. The reception agent (Brian) was very friendly and knew very well the surrondings and recommended places to eat and ways to go around the area.

Our room (we requested at the back of the hotel) gave on the parking lot and then the adjascent golf course. The hotel was quiet even if it was full. The rooms are very comfortable, the bathroom has a big shower and the air conditionning works great. (See pictures) The hotel has a pool that we didn't use, so I can't comment on it.
There is also a landromat on the 2nd floor close to the elevator.

The only inconvenient I can see is that the breakfast room being really small to handle a hotel this size, the lines are long and it is hard to get a table. They also have a waffle machine and because waffle take time to make it is delaying even more the breakfast process.

What really make this hotel a great place though, is that the staff have the way with people and they make you stay enjoyable. They give excellent information and will offer help whenever needed.

Thank you to Brian, Lazaro and Yosbel for their excellent service.

We will certainly be back there for our next cruise.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel avoid noises from the street (i.e. construction)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!