“Made it through one night.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
NW Ontario
“Made it through one night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Off to a bad start right away when I attempted to call the hotel for shuttle pickup from airport. I kept getting an automated voice that said "press 1 for English" and then "please hold". And then "press 1 for English" and then "please hold" again. I tried calling 3 times and finally gave up and purchased a shuttle ride for $17 from another company. When I arrived at the hotel, I told the desk clerk what happened, but no apologies/explanation were given. The phone in my room did not work and I had to contact front desk twice before they sent someone up to fix it. There was also trouble with the plumbing and my toilet clogged. Other than that.... the room was clean and quiet, the location was good, nice pool area, and delicious breakfast. I'm glad I only had to stay one night :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reasonably priced, quiet surroundings. Airport shuttle runs hourly, more or less. Staff helpful. They have a list of local restaurants that will deliver if you don't want to brave the streets. Close to port and airport. Room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were at the Sleep Inn in April 2013 before a cruise.
The hotel is located near the airport but on a back street so you don't get the noise from the busy NW36th. We had no problem with the pick up from the airport. You can use the free hotel phones at the arrival levels. The instructions were very clear and the gentleman who drove us to the hotel (Lazaro) was very nice and gave a lot of information. The hotel offers a shuttle to the port for a minimal fee. As prices may change, check with the hotel for the current prices.

Upon arrival we were assigned Room 236. The reception agent (Brian) was very friendly and knew very well the surrondings and recommended places to eat and ways to go around the area.

Our room (we requested at the back of the hotel) gave on the parking lot and then the adjascent golf course. The hotel was quiet even if it was full. The rooms are very comfortable, the bathroom has a big shower and the air conditionning works great. (See pictures) The hotel has a pool that we didn't use, so I can't comment on it.
There is also a landromat on the 2nd floor close to the elevator.

The only inconvenient I can see is that the breakfast room being really small to handle a hotel this size, the lines are long and it is hard to get a table. They also have a waffle machine and because waffle take time to make it is delaying even more the breakfast process.

What really make this hotel a great place though, is that the staff have the way with people and they make you stay enjoyable. They give excellent information and will offer help whenever needed.

Thank you to Brian, Lazaro and Yosbel for their excellent service.

We will certainly be back there for our next cruise.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel avoid noises from the street (i.e. construction)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I made a pit stop here for a couple of days and all I can say that its just for that...a pit stop. It was a nightmare getting our shuttle from the airport because the vehicles from the hotel did not have the proper signage and we had to be calling them often but they were very helpful. Pretty average room and you get a continental breakfast with your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Genk, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

we stayed in this hotel only 1 night when we came back from our cruise (early in the morning). We booked 3 rooms and when we arrived at 10.00 am 1 room was already ready; this was good, so we could leave all our luggage in that room. We were never asked for a smoking or non smoking room but 1 room was used by smoking people. The hotel has a very nearby good heated pool with some good chairs.
The breakfast is rather good : some bread, coffee and waffles to be made yourself.
Good hotel for its price..
The day we left a shuttle (2 times per hour) brought us to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Debora S, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello Mr. Luc d,

Thank you for your comment, I'm not sure why you received a smoking room but I would like to apologize to you for that inconveince. I'm glad to to hear that you enjoyed the swimming pool and our breakfast and if you are ever in the neighboorhood again please stop by and see us we would love to make things right by you. Again thank you.
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is just right for one night stop. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. However when we arrived at MIA we called the hotel on courtesy phones at the airport (because you need to call them to pick you up) but no one answered. The rooms and service are typical for sleep in airport hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed in Sleep Inns before and booked this for a after cruise for the night. It was not what I expected. the hotel was fairly old and smelly. The smell bothered me more that I thought. Room was small. Not a comfy bed. It said it was a queen, but I beg to differ. TV, flat screen, nice. Had a handicapped room, and bathroom was very good size. Drain was coming out of the shower, but good water pressure, but there was dried on soap on the bench in shower. Probably would not stay there again, but price was good, Also kids from neighborhood were jumping the fence to get into the pool. Desk people said it happens alot, but did nothing.

Room Tip: Was next to a golf course, nice view from window
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Tracy V.

Thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn hotel and thank you for your comment. I'm very sad to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We strive hard to make our guest happy and I'm disappointed to hear you where not. We are a great value but that does not mean you should walk away not satisfied. Please accept my apology and I can ssure you that the issues you stated in your comment was address.

Manager

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!