“Pre-cruise stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
“Pre-cruise stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before our cruise. It was reasonably priced and close to the Port of Miami. The rooms were clean, but other parts of the hotel were a little rough. The staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was nothing fancy but it served it's purpose. There is a shuttle that will take you to the Port for a small charge. The shuttle is run by another company and it was a little bit of a cluster in the morning. Overall it was a decent hotel for a one night stay.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nobody stays in an airport hotel just for the fun of it. Well, maybe, but . . . My wife and I arrived the night before our cruise. The free shuttle from the airport was prompt and efficient. The desk clerk needed some additional training in friendliness, but we were checked in and directed to our room at the back - I think the quieter side overlooking the parking lot and a golf course. The room was clean, quiet and large enough to be comfortable. The included breakfast included hot items. We enquired about a taxi to the Port of Miami; we were informed that the hotel would arrange a shuttle for $10 per person. The shuttle was clean and comfortable and on time. We would definitely stay at this hotel on another trip through Miami. Our only complaint was the loud air conditioner that comes on and goes off all night disturbing our sleep. We finally just put it on "fan" with no cooling. The weather was cool enough outside that this worked.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quiet and overlook parking and a beautiful golf course.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Bill from Guelph,

Thank you your compliment it was nice to hear that you was satisfied with your stay. We strive hard to give our guest a happy and comfortable place to stay while visiting Miami, I'm glad we were able to do just that. I do apologize for the noise from the airconditioner. I will have my maintenance person take a look at it. Again thank you and on your next visit to Miami top in and say hello I would love to see you again.
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were a group of 37--34 students and three professors--returning from a very long two weeks' study trip in Cuba and eager for a good night's sleep before our very early flight home. Sleep Inn was a very welcome stop--wonderful beds, clean and spacious room, quiet (amazing, given its airport location), with an incredible staff that had everything ready when we began arriving in shifts (it took several shuttle runs to get us all from airport to hotel--the only drawback to a very good stay). The staff was even willing to allow us to use the breakfast area for a dinner of take-out Chinese food for the group--a generous gesture far beyond any we were expecting. The only drawbacks to this hotel are that it's in a relative food desert (hence the take-out Chinese) and that the shuttle is shared among three hotels and runs only once each half-hour. To the latter point, however, the hotel was willing to run off-schedule to get all our group to the hotel for our early morning check in, with the first group shuttled to the airport at 3:55 a.m. and the last arriving around 4:30 a.m. Above and beyond the call of duty! I'd certainly consider this hotel again--for its cleanliness and the quality of its facilities, excellent staff, and willingness to accommodate guests' special needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Debora S, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello LeslieOW,

I would like to thank you for your compliment. We strive very hard to make sure all of our guest experience a comfortable and pleasant stay. I'm happy to hear we were able to make your stay a nice one. I remember your group and I must say you all were very patience and kind it was a pleasure and I hope on your next trip you will consider staying with us again it will be a pleasure.

los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We needed one night to be a MIA early in the morning. They pick you up and take you to the airport. Rooms are clean and easy. Did not have breakfast but it looked complete with hard boiled eggs. They are the perfect overnight stay and far enough from the airport to not hear the planes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hope, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The so-called shuttle took TWO HOURS to get us from the airport (and the hotel is 10 minutes away).
The rooms are small and old. The walls are paper thin. There were not enough chairs for the breakfast crowd - the staff was RUDE and not at all helpful - and there is NOTHING to do around this hotel as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here - stay on the 4th floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient. Staff was lovely. We were taking a cruise the following day. Landed close to midnight - no problem getting the free shuttle from the airport at all. Only waited about 10 minutes. Walked down to a Cuban deli/convenience store to eat, happy it was still open and the food was delicious. Breakfast included various cereals, yogurt, fruit, eggs, there was also a waffle maker, etc. It was crowded, but we got a spot in a few minutes. There is a pool, but we didn't use it. We grabbed a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $35.00 for 4 of us. The driver was kind enough to stop at CVS and waited 20min for us to get some stuff - for no extra cost. Very sweet, obviously we gave him a tip, but he wasn't expecting that. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again next time - was quick, easy and clean and staff was friendly. Just keep in mind it's near the airport so it's functional and convenient, not scenic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Debora S, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello Christieann,

I would like to thank you for your recent compilment about your stay with us. It is always wonderful to know that all our efforts to make our guest happy paid off. During my last staff meeting I used your letter as a show and tell. My staff was thankful for your comment. I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our best to make sure our guest are happy when the leave us. Again thank you and on your next visit to Miami it would be a pleasureto have you stay with us again
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I never experienced an awful time like this on our vacation first time in Miami Florida. It was 5 of us my wife, 3 kids and a 7 month old baby. We had asked for something to fit our needs. They said sure we have one room with 2 double beds and a roller bed we can offer for 10.00 bucks. 1. The room smells awful and dirty. 2. The roller bed 3 missing springs for the mattress. 4. Too small to fit 5 people in that room. I complaint to the operation manager on site he said oh! Im sorry that you had to go through this. Maybe next time it will be better. I said, it won’t be a next time. I’m still pissed and mad I had to sleep in the floor in order for the kids to sleep on the bed. I hope who ever reads this please!! Please!! Pay alil more and go some where else. 157.00 later it sucked!!! I’ am very disappointed in Sleep Inn

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!