“very good choice close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Montreal, Canada
“very good choice close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very close to airport,golf course in the back, large pool and terrace, lots of free parking.Breakfast is basic. Very clean and comfortable rooms. It is a perfect choice if you have an early flight the next morning. They have an airport shuttle.If you like authentic italian food ,don't miss "Basilico",2 blocks away in a small strip mall; it is delicious.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for a night prior to going on a cruise. Everything worked out great - reasonable price (for Miami), good (free) shuttle service to/from the airport, helpful and friendly staff and clean comfortable room.

The air-conditioner was surprisingly not too noisy (I always have an issue with these type of in-wall ACs).

They also arranged a shuttle to the cruise terminal through another company (Liccia Tours) for only $10 per person.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side should be quieter as they face the golf course. The ones on the south side...
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night after a long haul flight from London and on my way to Fort Lauderdale. I called the hotel from the airport call board and was told to look out for a pink and green shuttle. I had read from reviews that it took quite some time for the shuttle to come, so after waiting for about 25 minutes and watching shuttles from other airport hotels drive by somewhat frequently, I decided to take a cab. The last thing you want after an overseas flight and feeling jetlagged is to stand outside the airport terminal waiting for a shuttle that doesn’t seem to come.
The hotel itself is unpretentious and OK for a one night stopover, but the fact is that you can get a much better accommodation at the same location for a small difference in price. On my way back to London I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Airport South for €84, whereas I paid online €73 for one night at the Sleep Inn. There is absolutely no comparison between both hotels as regards accommodation, amenities and otherwise in general. The Sleep Inn is fairly basic; the breakfast area is very small, my room was OK and included mostly everything I needed (non-smoking room, coffee maker, cable / satellite TV, complimentary WiFi) for one night but other than that I would not go back considering that there are better options pricewise and in many other aspects nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
N Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We got the shuttle from and to the airport and found the staff to be very accommodating all round. The room was great for one night, no luxury but a good price for a hotel for just sleeping in, though there was a swimming pool. We ate at IHOP a 10 minute walk away. I would stay again for an overnight.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed her the night before leaving and the night we returned from our recent vacation. It was a a place where we could leave our car for a reasonable price. The night in the hotel gave us a good opportunity to prepare for our trip. On return it was great not to have to drive after arriving at midnight. Rooms were adequate and clean. Internet was not good and there was no business center to print our boarding passes. There were no extra pillows for our sleep con=\mfort.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I traveled to Miami for WrestleMania 28, so when shopping for flight/hotel packages, I thought Sleep Inn would suit me best, as far as prices, rooms, etc. It was near the airport, so having a shuttle was very convenient. The only complaint I have about the shuttle is that there were two shuttles that had the Sleep Inn logo on them. One was for the Comfort Inn right up the street from it, and the other was Holiday Inn Express (also very close to the Sleep Inn). When I tried to get a ride on the Comfort Inn/Sleep Inn shuttle, the driver said he didn't go to Sleep Inn. Seriously?! It's only a hop, skip, and a jump from Comfort Inn! So anyone who stays at the Sleep Inn, when coming from and going to the airport, it will be the Holiday Inn Express/Sleep Inn shuttle. My room was very nice; just wish it would actually come with a refrigerator and microwave at no extra cost. I love IHOP, which is not too far of a walk from the hotel. It's also a 24-hour, so when I was coming back late from the events for WrestleMania Week, it was very convenient to go there and get something to eat. Burger King was also close. It was about a 5-minute walk, give or take. The WrestleMania events were spread out so far in Miami and surrounding areas, so I kind of regret not getting a rental car. I depended on the bus or the cabs, and even those two were a bit of a hassle. The shower and the bed were nice. The breakfast wasn't too bad either; just not enough room to sit because the dining area was rather small.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We selected this hotel because we needed to catch an 6:50 flight out of Miami and because the price was reasonably. We arrived around 1:00 PM and, even though we were early, were able to check in immediately. This was helpful because we could drop our rental car off that afternoon and take the free shuttle back. The room was very nice; the only reason for the four stars is that the walls are a bit thin and we could hear some yelling in the next room. I was happily surprised that the desk clerk printed our boarding passes for us. We had to leave too early to have breakfast but the breakfast area looked nice and clean. The only possible fly in the ointment was that there was only one shuttle driver on call that early in the morning and he had to make two trips to ferry a bunch of students to the airport, so we had to wait our turn. But the driver was very friendly. The hotel is quite close to the airport but a short block on a quiet "hotel row" road. Restaurants in the immediate area are limited to a Chinese restaurant and an IHOP.
One suggestion: there is a gas station a block away. When we were there (March 2012), the price of gas was at least 50 ¢ per gallon lower than closer to the airport. So, if you need to fill the tank of your rental car, do it before you hit the high-priced area (or at least check prices).

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side may be a bit quieter because they face a golf course but the road and airpor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!