“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
texas
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was a comfortable, roomy and fairly clean hotel. It was a bit dated and needed slight maintenance. It had a large shower but no tub so it may have been a handicapped room. The problem was that I thought (though I'm not sure, to be fair) that I requested a non-smoking room at the time of the booking but got a smoking room which was unpleasant. We asked to be moved to a non-smoking room but were told that they had non available. They gave us a bottle of air freshner instead. The breakfast was continental with hot waffles. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify smoking or non smoking
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We arrived here after no sleep on a night flight from LA to Miami – not recommended. As it was 8.00am we were asked to pay $25 to check in early. Initially we were a bit peeved as they admitted they had rooms ready so we didn’t think it was fair to charge us but breakfast was included and we were exhausted so we agreed to pay it.

The buffet breakfast was quite good – various Kelloggs cereal, toast, toasted bagels, muffins, do-nuts, a variety of fruits and bolied eggs plus fruit juices, tea and coffee so we didn’t feel too ripped off at the early check in fee.

The room was large and the bathroom had been modernized plus the bed was really large and comfortable with loads of fluffy pillows. The free wifi worked great as did the air-con which was required in the recent heatwave. We didn’t use the airport shuttle as we rented a car – the car park was free though which was good.

It was perfect for our stay and would stay here again - we stayed at the Days Inn Miami Springs on the way out of Miami which was fine but we preferred the Sleep Inn.

If you like home-cooked diner food try the Airport diner – we ate there a couple of times and enjoyed the food each time. The Gyro and the Apple Pie was especially tasty! It was a good alternative to BK, MacDonalds and I-Hop which are all nearby too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

The hotel is close to Miami airport, and though it's not walking distance, there are free shuttles that run every half hour 24/7. And though it's not close to Miami beach, it's easy to get to: just get the shuttle to the airport then catch the express 150 bus for $2.35
The room itself is pretty good and clean. There's free wifi which is really good. And there's a laundry room with washers and dryers for a small fee. I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2011
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here for one night on 8th March on ground floor. Room broken into during evening - approx 8 - 9pm. Laptop and camcorder stolen etc.
Would never stay here again, and reminds us all never to stay in ground floor rooms

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed here the first night and last night of our vacation due to it's close location to the airport. We weren't impressed with the shuttle service.We waited 30-40 minutes for a van each time. This Sleep Inn shares the large outdoor pool, fitness room and a business center with the Comfort Inn across the street. The closest restaurants are IHOP, a sports bar and McDonalds which are 6-7 blocks away. Breakfast was the basics: cereal, muffins, donuts, hard boiled eggs and fruit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I am currently sitting in my hotel room writing this review. First the good... The price is good. The rooms are spacious and they have a walk in shower that has good pressure. The bed isnt the most comfortable I have had but not bad comparable to others in the same price range. The bad... Upon arrival last night, I have to say the the hotel staff was impartial to my existance. They werent rude but didnt even attempt to crack a smile either. The hallway seemed a little dirty but not unbearable. The tube TV makes a loud hissing sound every minute or so and the channel button on the remote doesnt work. Im suppose to have HBO but it is actually Encore.The worse part in the noises. The air unit is really loud, the walls are thin so I hear talking next to me, and other room's doors closing around me are really loud (hard to sleep). The showers in the adjacent rooms are really loud as well. My colleague ran into similar issues with his room including being assigned a room that was already occupied. The area doesnt really feel all that safe either. If I wasnt already settled in already I would pack up and pay $10 - $20 more a few miles down the road. I will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Wow I can tell you this hotel really changed things around since the last time I was there three years ago.. The shuttle was out and I didnt have to scream and chase it thsi time i just raises my hand and waved and the driver picked us up.. The hotel was very clean and the wifi worked great.. I know there is an IHOP and a gas station there its only a 5 min walk its a little scarey but it was safe.. I will stay here again next time I take a cruise out of miami.. I got a deal too 82$ a night you cant beat that . 10$ shuttle per person to the cruise ship port is a great deal as well

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!