My husband and I stayed here Friday, February 26, 2010. We were crusing the next day and were not looking for a hotel with frills. Just wanted a resonably priced - clean room in a good location. This hotel also provides an airport shuttle. You just walk to the place where all the other shuttles pick up and wait. The confusing part is there are lots of shuttles and some are "Holiday Inn". But, you need the one that says "Holiday Inn Express". Their shuttle has about three hotel names written across the front of it. So, when you are tired it gets confusing. We waited about 30 min. It was a short drive to the hotel and it was now about 11 pm. The staff was extremely professional. There is a 24 hour IHOP next door, but my husband wanted a beer. Very close by is "Tom's Sports Bar". I was a bit leary but the hotel did recommend it. As soon as I went inside, I was ok with it. Very large place, lots of tv's and no problems. We ordered the (3) appetizer platter and it was delicious. When we booked the room, we knew it was whatever bed was available, but my husband asked for a king bed and no smoking. We weren't able to get the king bed, but we did get non-smoking. The room was large and clean and we slept fine. They had a nice breakfast in the morning, but my husband wanted pancakes, so we went to the IHOP and had a very nice breakfast. I would also like to recommend Jose Doral Shuttle service. My husband called the hotel and got his phone number and made arrangements with him in advance to take us to the cruise ship, but I don't think you have to do this. He is in the lobby and I saw folks just walking up and registering with him. He has at least two shuttle vans and I think I saw three. He pulls a trailer behind the van and loads up your luggage. We asked that they pick us up after the cruise and take us to the airport too. The total for the two of us both ways was $40. After our cruise, they asked us to put their Doral Shuttle service stickers on our clothes and told us to stand by the transportation area. No sooner had we put those stickers on then a man was motioning us to come with him. But, here again is a bit confusing part. He didn't put us on a Doral Shuttle, it had a different name. I was a bit leary (again), because I wasn't going to pay twice if there had been a misunderstanding and he had put us on the wrong shuttle. The driver said "you either have to give me your paid voucher or you will have to pay me, because my boss wants to get paid". My husband gave him the voucher and that was that. I'm not sure how all that works, I guess the different shuttle services have an agreement that if they pick up the other shuttles passengers, they get the money. Either way, this was a MUCH better arrangement than using the cruise lines bus to get us back to the airport. In closing, we would do this entire thing again and would not change anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today is the day to indulge as you will find modern convenience and excellent service located right here at the Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport. Fresh from a multi-million dollar renovation, this unique bed and breakfast style Express is the perfect stop for your visit to the Greater Miami area. Our newly revitalized location is centrally located near Miami International Airport with free 24 hour shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport to cater to all flight patterns. Our hotel is easily accessible to the Port of Miami for cruise vacation getaways, and nearby to the greatest shopping venues in Miami, as well as ideal for exploring the sites of Greater Miami and the beaches. Our Express Start hot breakfast buffet provides the energy for you to begin your day in this extraordinary city. Please allow our comfortably restyled hotel to treat you to a new level of relaxation, in a friendly environment. We look forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs Hotel Miami Springs
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn