“This is a good place to stay before your cruise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Troy, Il
“This is a good place to stay before your cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed here Friday, February 26, 2010. We were crusing the next day and were not looking for a hotel with frills. Just wanted a resonably priced - clean room in a good location. This hotel also provides an airport shuttle. You just walk to the place where all the other shuttles pick up and wait. The confusing part is there are lots of shuttles and some are "Holiday Inn". But, you need the one that says "Holiday Inn Express". Their shuttle has about three hotel names written across the front of it. So, when you are tired it gets confusing. We waited about 30 min. It was a short drive to the hotel and it was now about 11 pm. The staff was extremely professional. There is a 24 hour IHOP next door, but my husband wanted a beer. Very close by is "Tom's Sports Bar". I was a bit leary but the hotel did recommend it. As soon as I went inside, I was ok with it. Very large place, lots of tv's and no problems. We ordered the (3) appetizer platter and it was delicious. When we booked the room, we knew it was whatever bed was available, but my husband asked for a king bed and no smoking. We weren't able to get the king bed, but we did get non-smoking. The room was large and clean and we slept fine. They had a nice breakfast in the morning, but my husband wanted pancakes, so we went to the IHOP and had a very nice breakfast. I would also like to recommend Jose Doral Shuttle service. My husband called the hotel and got his phone number and made arrangements with him in advance to take us to the cruise ship, but I don't think you have to do this. He is in the lobby and I saw folks just walking up and registering with him. He has at least two shuttle vans and I think I saw three. He pulls a trailer behind the van and loads up your luggage. We asked that they pick us up after the cruise and take us to the airport too. The total for the two of us both ways was $40. After our cruise, they asked us to put their Doral Shuttle service stickers on our clothes and told us to stand by the transportation area. No sooner had we put those stickers on then a man was motioning us to come with him. But, here again is a bit confusing part. He didn't put us on a Doral Shuttle, it had a different name. I was a bit leary (again), because I wasn't going to pay twice if there had been a misunderstanding and he had put us on the wrong shuttle. The driver said "you either have to give me your paid voucher or you will have to pay me, because my boss wants to get paid". My husband gave him the voucher and that was that. I'm not sure how all that works, I guess the different shuttle services have an agreement that if they pick up the other shuttles passengers, they get the money. Either way, this was a MUCH better arrangement than using the cruise lines bus to get us back to the airport. In closing, we would do this entire thing again and would not change anything.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Nice hotel and best things are: you can have them schedule you to be picked up for the shuttle service to the cruise port, you can walk next door for dinner, good price. Only problem was shuttle from airport. Van never came by so I called hotel, said it was a white a green van. Called hotel again said been here 40 minutes and still no van. Said they would send one over. Got on shuttle after waiting an hour, driver was rude. I say just take a taxi, the hotel is not that far away.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I had to stay overnight on my way to the Caribbean. In the past I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn and the Springhill Suites and have not been happy. I've finally found the place to stay - the Holiday Inn Express.

Shuttle: Free (a huge plus). Arrived within a minute of calling. Much closer than the other hotels. Total travel was less than 5 minutes including loading.
Check in: Was recognized as a Priority member (even though I was new) and received upgraded room. Nice.
Elevator: It's not the fastest in the world, but it works.
Room: Bed is very comfy. Sheets are soft and clean. TV and fridge in my room. Would be nice to have a flat screen but the channel selection was fine.
Bathroom: Updated with granite, lots of space by the sink. Shower has a nice head but it designed for short people. I'm 5'11" and I had to bend to wash my hair. Most older hotels are like this.
Food: There is an IHOP essentially in the parking lot and gives you a 10% discount if you show your room card. There was a Sports Bar next door, and a Burger King and Subway within walking distance. Although walking at night might be scary if you are by yourself.
Breakfast. Free. Decent selection. No waffle maker. Juice, coffee, cinnamon rolls, hot food, cereal etc.

Overall a good place for an overnight stay. Not sure I'd stay there for a week.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Yes the shuttle service to & from the airport is free, but that doesnt mean it should be 30 minutes late- especially at 2,45am! Some of the front desk staff were sullen at best, others were more helpful. This hotel is only good for its proximity to Miami airport & little else. It would have been nice to have curtains in my room!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Jerseyville, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

My sister and I chose this hotel because of the reviews others had given it and because of the shuttle services that were mentioned. We're senior citizens and didn't want to even try to drive in Miami. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport within 5 minutes of calling the hotel. When we were delivered to the hotel, we were extremely happy with the accomodations! The staff was very friendly & helpful, and the rooms were quite clean and comfy. The bathroom had been updated and was huge. Breakfast was cereal, yogurt, toast, mini-muffins, etc. and was refilled all the time.
The Jose Doral Shuttle Service that leaves from the hotel lobby charged $10 for each of us to get to the Port of Miami the next morning and $10 to pick us up at the Port after our cruise and deliver us to Miami Internatiional Airport.
We were extremely happy with the hotel and all the services that were provided. If we cruise again, we'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Goldau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We found this fully renewed hotel great. When we cama into our room our granddaughter said: "This is where I go when I com back to Miami". That says all.
Also we had a great dinner in the restaurant at the to floor of the hotel. The staff was very nice.
We found our airport hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

With updated clean, well appointed rooms, an efficient free shuttle, free breakfast with egg, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and a 24 hour IHOP located across the small parking lot, or food delivery restaurants brochure at the front desk, a great choice for an overnite connection in Miami. Holiday Inn Express offers a king room, with a microwave and fridge for about $100.00 a night, price goes down closer to your check in date. There are two shuttles from the airport, one Blue, one pink, green, and white that also services Comfort and Sleep Inn, right up the street. Time to and from the airport, about 10 minutes with shuttles offered 24 hours, every 1/2 hour till 11 pm, then every hour until early morning. I found Holiday Inn Express a good choice for an overnite connection.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!