“Helpful Staff and Decent Accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
London
“Helpful Staff and Decent Accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staying at this hotel fitted in with our plans as we used the shuttle to get us to and from the airport to pick up transport from there for daily sightseeing. We stayed three nights and our room was towards the back so that there was little noise from the airport.The breakfast was good and our room was comfortable. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff especially as this is the kind of place where there's a constant flow of people who use it for just one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
Green Features: As we hung our towels up they didn't need changing every day but were.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, we are so glad you were pleased with the accommodations and staff services. We truly look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Greater Miami area. Have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Probably this has been one of the worsts nights I have spend in a hotel.
I think there was something strange in the room because they put a lot of floral deodorant in the room. This triggered a reaction in my nose. I asked for a change but it was 1am when I arrived and the room was fully booked.
Also the bed was too soft and the pillows really uncomfortable.
The people at the front desk were nice but too bad for the facilities

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear leoncioreyes,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sherwood, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here while doing some training at Pan Am. Appears the hotel has been made over and is in okay shape. Price isn't too bad and it is close to the airport - the cargo/industrial side. The complementary breakfast is better than average and the staff is very friendly (and all seem to speak fluent Spanish). Rooms were basic and the walls were thin. I could here most of what was going on next door, of course they were loud, seem to be a lot of folks tying one on pre/post cruise or spring breakers. Also, did I mention it was close to the airport - you can hear every plane that takes off. There is no pool and no fitness facility. Apparently there is a gym near by they have an arrangement with. The front desk will give you a $5 bill for the entrance fee and a shuttle to get you there. I took them up on the deal but my driver, nice guy but spoke no English at all, couldn't find the place. We had quite the adventure trying to find this mysterious gym, especially since I speak exactly zero Spanish. I suppose most folks would have been upset but I found the situation so absurd I couldn't help but laugh, and I got a nice tour of Miami Springs. I felt bad for my driver, he stopped for directions times and still couldn't find the gym - if it really exists at all. In the end it was an adventure but I would put the hotel on my "will do in a pinch" list, but not a first choice. I di have to give a shout out to Yari, who has to be the most friendly and happy front desk persons I've ever met.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Allan G,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast and customer service.

However, we’re sorry about the inconvenience brought to you by the shuttle service to the fitness center. We will address this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here only for one night prior to going on a cruise. Service was good, room clean and a decent size. Close to the airport and the cab ride to the port was not overly expensive.
Good value for what we required. Friendly staff. Breakfast was included.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay, we are pleased your stay was a good one and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area. We wish you a wonderful day!
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently traveled alone and had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Miami Springs Airport location and suffered a luggage crisis at the airport. As I flew in from Antigua to Miami, on my way home to San Antonio, I had the honor and misfortune of going through the US Customs after which a hotel staff member, Carlos, picked me up, via the htel shuttle, and took me to the hotel where I was met by Ben, a most friendly and likable young man, and was checked in to my room after having a long night of travel. I immediately noticed that I was missing one of my bags so I went back down stairs and the shuttle driver, Marie Mosley, very quickly took me back to the airport and then stood by for my call to be picked up again. In the meanwhile I found that I needed very important airport information from my luggage tags that were at the hotel in my room. So I called and Ben went, very quickly, up to my room and retrieved the info for me. It took me quite sometime and a lot of tenacity, but after several hours I finally retrieved my lone bag. At this point it was almost one o'clock in the morning and I was sure there was no one left to pick me up, but Marie was patiently waiting for me to call and was so concerned and caring about my plight. She took me back to the hotel where I finally called it a night and got some rest. The next morning my bags and I came down stairs for breakfast and to catch the shuttle back to the airport for my final flight home. I was greeted by no less than 4 more of the hotel's SMILING staff waiting to make sure my day of travel started off right with a good breakfast. Now I don't know about what other's think, but in my book this hotel and staff went far "above and beyond" what is normally expected from a temporary lodging hotel chain. I will not forget the staff's kindness toward me and my plight and have often shared this story with my friends and family. I remember, when I was growing up in the 50's & 60's, when people took pride in what they did for a living and it was the "norm" for hotel staff to go out of their way to help a guest without expecting anything in return because it was the "right thing" to do. So, I'd like to Thank Marie, Ben, Carlos and the Breakfast Staff members for making me feel not only at home, but important. I hope their manager, Trisha, knows what a wonderful staff she has and appreciates them for the "Shining Stars" that they are. I know there is one lady, in San Antonio, Texas, that will not forget their kindness and will only stay at the Holiday Inn Express Airport location when in Miami Springs, Fl. Big ole Kudos to each and everyone of you.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in this hotel!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. I do agree with you 100%, that we have the best staff in Miami and with such professional, dedicated, and most of all, caring individuals such as Marie, Ben, Carlos and our breakfast ladies, our goal is to consistently provide memorable experiences to all our valued guests. We are all thrilled to read your exceptional comments and thank you so much for making our day a very special one!
Croton on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night after a cruise and before flying out. Booked thru Hotwire so got a good price. Good place to stay, rooms were nice, bed was fabulous but the pillows were a slice of heaven! The staff was very nice and accommodating. They even gave us a heads up about a local pizza place that was sketchy with credit card numbers. So instead we went to Toms NFL down the road, their airport shuttle drove and picked us up! That was awesome. Didn't t eat at the restaurant but had some drinks at the bar, prices were very reasonable and Austin the bartender was great. Cool view of planes landing, so close to the airport, easy ride on the free shuttle. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit. We are so glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area. Have a nice day!
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before our cruise , the price for 2 nights was very good and included breakfast , the rooms are dated but very clean , the vending machines are very expensive so walk done to the garage to pick up soft drinks and snacks , there is a bus which stops at hotel that goes to dolphin mall for a few dollars if you got time to spare , it cost 20 dollars each to be dropped of at the cruise terminal bit disorganised but nothing to do with the hotel .All the staff at the hotel were very helpful and would stay here again .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write nice comments about our staff, we are all happy that you enjoyed your stay and cruise and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami Area. Have a nice day!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!