“Very Helpful General Manager” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Accord, New York
“Very Helpful General Manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked a one night stay through an online source but it turned out it was for the wrong hotel. I was told by the online source that it was non-refundable. So I asked if I could call the hotel directly. When I called this Holiday Inn Express at the Miami Airport - Miami Springs, Tricia Melina, the General Manager was extremely helpful in cancelling our reservation professionally and promptly. I think the customer service she provides is outstanding. Thank You, again, Ms. Melina!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It was indeed a pleasure to speak with you and assist with your travel arrangements. I look forward to meeting you the next time you travel to the Greater Miami Airport area, have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
Pine Island, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I travel to Miami often and had booked a short trip to Bimini so we thought we'd give this place a try. We showed up mid-evening and managed to secure a parking space, but be advised they are ample but not abundant. Check in was efficient--until we went to our room, tried the card and were greeted by a half naked (yes) guy in the room. Back to the front desk, where the staff apologized for sending us to an occupied room.
The hotel is quite old, showing its age and a bit run down around the edges, but clean. Beds are good but it's a basic room for a basic price. A few dollars more buys much better accomodation down the street, e.g. Comfort Inn and several others, where we have stayed in the past and will stay in the future.
The worst part? We left a wakeup call for early a.m. as we had to depart for the seaport. There was a power outage and this hotel gave us no call; it has no backup power, and noone even came by with a flashlight, so we were obliged to sit in our pitch-black room until dawn came and we were able to fumble around and find our possessions and lug them down the stairwell (we were on 4th floor) and out to the car. Breakfast? Basic Holiday Inn Express, and after several hours sitting there even the coffee was cold. Our worst stay at a Holiday Inn.
By the way, missed the cruise. IHG, the parent company, denied our request for a refund--apparently electricity is not their responsibility. Perhaps they'll apply our room charge to the purchase of a generator or emergency in-room lighting.

Room Tip: Traveler tip: ALWAYS bring a small flashlight when traveling. We usually do but as luck would have i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant stay with us. On August 28 at 6:58am, there was a power outage that consisted of 777 businesses and homes in the Miami Springs area. We truly apologize it effected our immediate area, we contacted FPL immediately and the supervisor on duty came and assessed the damage to a neaby transformer, they sent a crew to work on returning the power to the area. Again, we regret this impacted your experience and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future, please contact me direct at 305-887-2153 X 110 as I would like to obtain more information from you. Thank you.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was decent quality for a decent price. The location isn't the greatest as I had to drive a ways to find more than one or two food options. It is close to the airport so that was okay. The pool you had to go to the sister hotel for which is an inconvenience and my room smelled like smoke. The staff was abundantly friendly especially the women who worked the breakfast buffet. I probably wont stay here again but it was an okay stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. Our staff appreciates your kind words on their friendliness. I am concerned about your room comments as we are a non smoking hotel and will work harder with our staff to address this issue. Also, our company owned hotel 2 blocks west does allow our guests access to their outdoor swimming pool. I would like to speak with you directly to gain more information about your stay and have you return to our hotel again, please contact me at 305-887-2153 X 110.
Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed there only 1 night, but in this hotel we met very nice and helpful person at the reception desk (thank you!). The rooms are standard, price very OK. Breakfast is included in room price but you need to know it is very basic breakfast using plastic plates and cutlery. However the overall impression is good. And if you need - there is a washing mashing available where you can do your laundry yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your family, we thank you for taking the time out to write about your stay. The next time you travel to the Greater Miami area, we look forward to seeing you and your family again, we wish you a most wonderful day!
Washington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

There are 4 Holiday Inns in the Miami area, be sure that you make reservations and arrive at the correct hotel!

We arrived after midnight and when we called the hotel, they promptly sent the van to rescue us from the Miami Airport. Check in was quick and painless and the front desk person gave us bottled water which was greatly appreciated.

We were only in the hotel for 6 hours, but the beds were comfortable and the service was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a rewiew on your stay. We are so glad you were pleased for your very short stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your flight travels take you to the Greater Miami area! Have a nice day!
Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I accidently made a reservation at the wrong hotel using an internet site. They said they could not change. So I spoke with general manager about my issue. She was very helpful and made every accomodation. I recommend this hotel for it's helpful personal alone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, it was a pleasure to assist you and I wish you all the best in your travels and hope to one day meet!
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have stayed here several times after a friend recommended the hotel to me. Best recommendation I have ever had i reckon as I am usually staying over after a 2 day flight from Australia and the shuttle to and from the airport is a godsend and even better is that it is free because I don't always have US dollars. The accommodation is clean and comfortable and well appointed although not always 'new' is of good quality. The hot breakfast is included in the very competitive and best value around price and although basic has several different choices and if you couldn't find something to eat then you are hard to please. The staff were all more than just helpful and 'bent over backwards' to please and in particular when I arrived on the doorstep to find that (although I had booked the hotel or so I thought) this hotel had no record of it. I politely insisted there must be a mistake and as I was more than a little tired just asked for a room anyway. No Luck, hotel was booked out. I was devastated, where would I go??. Then the hotel did some background checking for me and discovered i had booked into a different Holiday Inn in Miami. What a twit I felt. Anyway, the staff got me sorted with kindness and diplomacy and at no extra cost they ferried me and my partner over to the other hotel 30 mins away and couldn't have been more helpful. Now believe me I am VERY careful which Holiday Inn I book in to. For additional water if required after hours the hotel provides a coin operated cold drink dispenser so water is always available. This is located downstairs and free internet access is also available in the foyer. Although there is no restaurant on site, only 3 mins walk across the car park area is a 24 hour IHop restaurant so this is very handy. This has to be one of my favourite short stay hotels and if I did plan to stay longer I would choose this hotel for the longer term as well. It is very close to the airport but I was never bothered by any airport noise. In addition, there were quite a number of other clients who were commuting to and from joining Caribbean Cruises and the hotel was assisting them with transport and many enquiries. I couldn't help overhearing this as I waited in the foyer as some people have quite loud voices so that's how I know about this and I thought the hotel staff were wonderful. Definitely I recommend this hotel for business travellers, vacationers and families with children. It's great. .

Room Tip: Confirm with hotel as soon as you arrive because the shuttle only comes on request as they are unabl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit, we are all so pleased to be of service to you and that you were exceptionally pleased with your stay here! We truly hope to see you again sometime soon when you travel again from Austrialia as this will always be your little "home away from home." Have a nice day!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!