My wife and I travel to Miami often and had booked a short trip to Bimini so we thought we'd give this place a try. We showed up mid-evening and managed to secure a parking space, but be advised they are ample but not abundant. Check in was efficient--until we went to our room, tried the card and were greeted by a half naked (yes) guy in the room. Back to the front desk, where the staff apologized for sending us to an occupied room.
The hotel is quite old, showing its age and a bit run down around the edges, but clean. Beds are good but it's a basic room for a basic price. A few dollars more buys much better accomodation down the street, e.g. Comfort Inn and several others, where we have stayed in the past and will stay in the future.
The worst part? We left a wakeup call for early a.m. as we had to depart for the seaport. There was a power outage and this hotel gave us no call; it has no backup power, and noone even came by with a flashlight, so we were obliged to sit in our pitch-black room until dawn came and we were able to fumble around and find our possessions and lug them down the stairwell (we were on 4th floor) and out to the car. Breakfast? Basic Holiday Inn Express, and after several hours sitting there even the coffee was cold. Our worst stay at a Holiday Inn.
By the way, missed the cruise. IHG, the parent company, denied our request for a refund--apparently electricity is not their responsibility. Perhaps they'll apply our room charge to the purchase of a generator or emergency in-room lighting.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs Hotel Miami Springs
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs Hotel
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today is the day to indulge as you will find modern convenience and excellent service located right here at the Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport. Fresh from a multi-million dollar renovation, this unique bed and breakfast style Express is the perfect stop for your visit to the Greater Miami area. Our newly revitalized location is centrally located near Miami International Airport with free 24 hour shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport to cater to all flight patterns. Our hotel is easily accessible to the Port of Miami for cruise vacation getaways, and nearby to the greatest shopping venues in Miami, as well as ideal for exploring the sites of Greater Miami and the beaches. Our Express Start hot breakfast buffet provides the energy for you to begin your day in this extraordinary city. Please allow our comfortably restyled hotel to treat you to a new level of relaxation, in a friendly environment. We look forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.