“Exceptional Service, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Alice Springs, Australia
“Exceptional Service, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have stayed here several times after a friend recommended the hotel to me. Best recommendation I have ever had i reckon as I am usually staying over after a 2 day flight from Australia and the shuttle to and from the airport is a godsend and even better is that it is free because I don't always have US dollars. The accommodation is clean and comfortable and well appointed although not always 'new' is of good quality. The hot breakfast is included in the very competitive and best value around price and although basic has several different choices and if you couldn't find something to eat then you are hard to please. The staff were all more than just helpful and 'bent over backwards' to please and in particular when I arrived on the doorstep to find that (although I had booked the hotel or so I thought) this hotel had no record of it. I politely insisted there must be a mistake and as I was more than a little tired just asked for a room anyway. No Luck, hotel was booked out. I was devastated, where would I go??. Then the hotel did some background checking for me and discovered i had booked into a different Holiday Inn in Miami. What a twit I felt. Anyway, the staff got me sorted with kindness and diplomacy and at no extra cost they ferried me and my partner over to the other hotel 30 mins away and couldn't have been more helpful. Now believe me I am VERY careful which Holiday Inn I book in to. For additional water if required after hours the hotel provides a coin operated cold drink dispenser so water is always available. This is located downstairs and free internet access is also available in the foyer. Although there is no restaurant on site, only 3 mins walk across the car park area is a 24 hour IHop restaurant so this is very handy. This has to be one of my favourite short stay hotels and if I did plan to stay longer I would choose this hotel for the longer term as well. It is very close to the airport but I was never bothered by any airport noise. In addition, there were quite a number of other clients who were commuting to and from joining Caribbean Cruises and the hotel was assisting them with transport and many enquiries. I couldn't help overhearing this as I waited in the foyer as some people have quite loud voices so that's how I know about this and I thought the hotel staff were wonderful. Definitely I recommend this hotel for business travellers, vacationers and families with children. It's great. .

Room Tip: Confirm with hotel as soon as you arrive because the shuttle only comes on request as they are unabl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your visit, we are all so pleased to be of service to you and that you were exceptionally pleased with your stay here! We truly hope to see you again sometime soon when you travel again from Austrialia as this will always be your little "home away from home." Have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
Melrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family stayed here prior to going on our Carnival Cruise. The hotel offered complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and a wonderful breakfast. The staff was very nice and rooms were clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area. We wish you a most wonderful day and thanks again!
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I want to thank Trisha and William for their help, it make more pleasant our short stay, if you ask any questions these are the people you should talk to, the breakfast was good, every one is ready to help you. We ask housekeeping for more shampoo, towels, soap, they bring us instantly. hope to come back and have the chance to go to the pool,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the lovely comments, I will be sure to pass on to William and our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel from Peru and wish you a wonderful day! Thanks for making ours special!!!!
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We thought this would be just fine considering various websites rated it really highly. But here's what's not to like:
- the area is a bit grungy
- so's the hotel
- the room door keys mostly don't work
- breakfast is not very good at all (and it's rather soul-destroying to have to eat off styrofoam plates and try stab at your mass-produced sausage pattie with a plastic fork and knife)
- the decor is not great

all in all, adequate but we could have done much better had we returned to Fairfield Inn and Suites (the place we stayed at right at the beginning of the holiday). but we got seduced by the ratings and had already booked here. have been to other holiday inn express hotels - and they're much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are all very saddened to hear you had a less than pleasant stay. I am concerned about your comments and would like to get more information from you so that I can immediately start to address the items with our management team, please contact me as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here two separate nights either side of trip to Vegas. Great check in, Yuri (sorry if ive spelt her name wrong) was brilliant, exceptional customer service. Nice clean room & facilities, No complaint with breakfast, plenty of variety, great quality, great value. Would definately stay again. Thank you Yuri x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to share your great comments with Yari and all our staff members. Yari will be so excited you mentioned her great service! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for your next trip, have a great day!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was able to get a great deal (compared to other local locations). I was on my way to Jamaica and needed a location close to the airport. This is only a 10 min drive in their van and I could even see the airport. The staff was kind, the complimentary breakfast was good... it was a good value. If you are looking for an okay place to spend the night near the airport- this hotel should fit the bill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami Area. Have a nice day!
Corrales, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

What WE were looking for was a place that was near the airport (as we had to overnight in Miami both going and returning on our vacation trip to St Lucia and our schedule didn't allow much time for anything else), clean and nicely priced. On that scale, the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport -Central-Miami Springs (how's that for a mouthful? All you have to remember is it's the one in Miami Springs) is a 4-star. But you know, that's about what it is. If you are looking for more hotel for your hotel money, well, that takes it down a peg.

We arrived late after two flights and a cross country trip. We went to the curb with our bags and wondered which shuttle we should grab. We were looking for one marked HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS but didn't see one. After a bit one came by marked SLEEP INN - as it was passing by i noticed it said Holiday Inn Express on the side in smaller letters. i shouted out and the driver pulled over to pick us up. Turns out the Sleep Inn and the Holiday Inn Express are sister facilities, not all that far apart, either.

Check-in was just fine - efficient, friendly, accommodating. The elevator was terrific - oversized which made the entry-exit dance with the families and businessfolk we encountered easily accomplished. The room seemed smallish at first - if you're thinking vacation lodgings you have to be ready to catch your heart before it descends all the way to your stomach on first seeing the room which enters into a narrow "hallway" with the bathroom to your left and closet space on your right before opening into larger quarters. Actually the size was okay for what this is - there was a cushioned sit-back chair, a desk and chair, a large-enough bed and enough room on the other side of the bed to stand and walk to get to the bathroom (if you remember not to swing you arms much). Certainly more than merely adequate for a one-night stay.

The bathroom was also good for our needs. The shower is a section at the end of the bathroom that backs up on the rest of the room (rather than the hallway from the elevator) that is a bit lower than the rest of the room with a drain in the floor and a curtain that can be pulled around (in an arc) to avoid making you spray water all over everything. The shower head is - i think - detachable (i didn't bother) and worked well. i experienced a similar set up on my one trip to Venice, Italy years ago - this one was more efficient (though the setting, alas, left more to be desired...). It works.

The room was clean and quiet enough. The wakeup call (at O dark hundred, alas) came through right on time if the ring was a bit on the quiet side. The coffee downstairs was hot (there was a maker in the room i think - as i think back over this - but we didn't bother with it) and just before we were to board the shuttle back to the airport, we did wander into the breakfast area. The eggs had a certain pre-packaged quality to them - i haven't a clue how or when they were made and there was no problem with the taste - my wife tells me. The breakfast looks to be adequate though i don't think many will be writing rave restaurant reviews of it.

On our return trip, we actually landed - and cleared customs after miles it seemed of walking and walking and waiting and walking and waiting and walking some more - early enough to be in need of dinner. There are three places within easy walk of the restaurant, most notably a sports bar that was recommended by the shuttle driver and the hotel staff - it's fine especially if what you want is sports bar food - hamburger fries and a beer - that sort of thing (skip the steak special) and there's an IHOP right across the street from the hotel. Good to know for next time.

A word about the shuttle - and whatever around Miami: polish up your high school Spanish if you can cause it will certainly help. Everyone we encountered was seriously helpful in attitude but Spanish truly helps. Our shuttle driver our second trip was truly a delight - funny, friendly, very helpful - but he spoke mostly Spanish -- it was fun for us to dust off the old High School Spanish - and in my case that is VERY old now - and have a conversation. He enjoyed it too - helped with a suggestion here and there. Turned out it was a lot of fun - anyway, some comfort with Spanish does help both around the Miami airport and getting to and from the hotel.

So - how does one rate this place? As i said at the start - if you're looking for clean and near the airport at a reasonable price, this is a place you're looking for. If you're looking for much more than that, you may not be whelmed too much. But look - the room is larger than those old one-small-room motels in your memory; it's clean; there is food to tide you over in the morning; there is coffee; the staff is friendly and efficient; it's near the airport.

Is it a four star hotel? Certainly not, by no means. But is it a very good example of what's in the paragraph right above this one? i believe it is.

And, bottom line - given a reasonably tight schedule and a desire to avoid traffic and commuting time, would i choose to stay here again in the future?

i would.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your very informative review, our goal was achieved as you ended your review saying you would return to the Holiday Inn Express in Miami Springs! We truly look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami Area!!!! Have a nice day.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!