“Staff is awesome.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Staff is awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were supposed to stay at this hotel for one night before we went to the Bahamas. We never made it because we were stuck in Chicago due to weather. We had our passports sent there just in case we missed them at home. Not only did the staff overnight our passports to us in Chicago, the staff helped us track them when they were lost. They went above and beyond for a family who never stayed there. I will always be a Holiday Inn customer. Way to go! I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express' so my ratings for everything other than service applies to the hotels I've actually stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff services even though you were not able to stay at our hotel. We are all happy that you received your passports and truly look forward to meeting you the next time your travels come through the Greater Miami Area, happy new year to you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
Lansdowne, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here recently before a cruise. The rooms were okay. I had flown into FLL and the shuttle I had took over two hours, so the last thing I wanted to deal with was a bunch of loud people. Because of the cruise people, it was pretty loud. I understand that's not hotel's fault. A LOT of slamming doors the next morning. I did not eat the breakfast, but heard it was alright. It offered a shuttle to the ship for $10. It was pretty crazy in the lobby. We were one of last shuttles so it went pretty smoothly as we got to avoid the crowd.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your comments about the hotel and outside company port shuttle services. We are glad you stayed with us and had a smooth trip to the port, we hope you had a nice cruise. All the best to you and your family in 2013.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This place was frustrating right from the get go. When we arrived at Miami airport, we waited over a half an hour for the shuttle. Once the guy got there, he literally threw our bags into the van and we got in. The van was packed- but he stopped for every passenger waiting for the shuttle to 'check their reservations.' then he would tell them the van was full. He had the radio blaring and his driving skills were, well...bad. The hotel is old, but decent with the exception that the walls are super thin and the AC is incredibly loud. Neither myself or my husband slept at all. We specifically sent asked for a shuttle at 4 am. She arrived nearly 15 minutes late. I will never stay at this location again and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Find somewhere else!!!

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Trumpditty1,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I found this property online as a place to park with Green Bee Parking service. As a location to leave my car for 10 days, it was great. Close to the airport and the shuttle ran on time.

The mistake was to book a room at the Holiday Inn before driving home after an overnight flight, (which I thought was convenient). In the first room we were assigned, the headboard had fallen
off the wall. The second room we were moved to was equipped for handicapped people (we are not) - right down to a plastic geriatric shower chair (ew) and double rows of grab rails in the bathroom. The bed sagged, the linens were questionable, the pillows were lumpy, and the room's carpeting was stained and crusty (!!!) in places. The ancient window air conditioner wheezed stale, moldy smelling air. We collapsed only because we were exhausted. We left as soon as we were concious enough to drive. It wasn't clean, it wasn't comfortable and it wasn't pleasant.

We paid with a credit card on check-in, but while departing, we were flagged down in the parking lot by the morning attendant who told us the clerk who checked us in "didn't do the transaction correctly" and it had to be done again.

Room Tip: Skip this property. It's in dire need of renovation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear BellaTavares,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We regret to hear the issues you encountered in your room accommodation as well as the unsatisfactory performance of our staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was traveling on business and had a mix up on my reservation. The staff took care of it right away with out questions. I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and this one was the most pleasant. The morning breakfast was better than many other locations. The lobby and rooms were above average and the facility in general was clean and comfortable.
The convenience to the airport is what has brought me to this hotel. The shuttle driver was very helpful with my bags and had to the curb before I knew it.
Next time I need to come to Maimi I will book my room here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. You 100% satisfaction is our goal and I am so happy you are pleased, I wll pass on your kind words to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel thru Miami. Have a great Holiday!!!!
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent a Friday night at this hotel after overseas return. Hotel is very convenient to the airport--about a ten minute shuttle ride. The hotel is comfortable with a very welcoming front desk crew. The room is good and about as expected for this chain. Much of the clientele on a Friday seemed to be families or folks coming or going from/on a cruise. One good feature is that there are a couple of economical, good eating options right next to it. On one side is a pancake type family restaurant and on the other is a sports bar with a full range of craft beers and upscale pub food. Breakfast at the hotel is above average for this type of inn.

My only issue was shuttle service. First, be careful at the airport. There are several Holiday Inn busses going to different places including at least two labelled Holiday Inn Express. This is the one labelled Miami Springs...not Doral. Second, you may have to wait awhile for a ride. My wait at the airport was a little over thirty minutes. On the return I signed up for the 12:30 afternoon shuttle. The shuttle was in the lot at noon but did not leave until 1pm. I mentioned to both the driver and the front desk person that I signed up for a 12:30 ride which they wrote down the night before. However, neither seemed the least bit interested in providing that ride since it must have been lunchtime for the driver. So, don't cut it too close on shuttle from this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our staff who will be pleased with your positive comments on our front desk staff. Our goal is total guest satisfaction and I would like to find our more information on the shuttle service so we can work hard towards achieving this goal, please contact me direct at 305-887-2153 X 110, I look forward to hearing from you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for one night before leaving for a cruise the next morning. The front desk was very courteous and friendly; they really went out of their way to do whatever they could to help.

As mentioned, the hotel is aging, but the room was just fine, clean and comfortable.

The main patrons of the hotel seemed to be fellow cruisers. Be prepared for mass chaos in the morning. The breakfast area was packed-but the staff did a great job trying to keep up with replenishing the buffet.
Transportation to the port or airport was also a fiasco. Just have patience and allow yourself extra time.
I would stay here again for the overnight before a cruise. Can't beat the location and price.

Room Tip: There is an IHOP across the parking lot from the hotel-but if you get in late, be prepared to wait a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express at Miami Airport for your pre cruise stay, we are glad that our staff made your stay comfortable and plesant. Thank you for the nice comments and I will share with everyone. We hope you had a wonderful cruise vacation and look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the greater Miami area. Have a nice day!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!