“Don't know where these other folks were staying” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Ellenwood, Georgia, United States
“Don't know where these other folks were staying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice in the past two months as our son is newly enrolled at a local university. We're somewhat financially challenged (tuition!!) so cost was a big factor, but we also would not settle for less than a secure, comfortable environment. We found it here - I can't imagine a better combination of price and service. The hotel is clean, the facilities are modern and well-maintained, and the staff was almost embarrassingly friendly. It wasn't perfect - no stay is, particularly for this price. On our second stay, the 1st room they gave us smelled of cigarettes. Not their fault, but they were very apologetic and immediately gave us another room on the same floor. Elevator seems a bit shaky. Didn't need airport shuttle, can't comment on that. Breakfast wasn't bad, wasn't gourmet - again, consider what you get for the price.Will stay here every time we're in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback on your recent stays. We truly look forward to your next visit to Miami and wish your son all the best in his education here in South Florida, please know that if we can be of any assistance, please contact me directly at 305-887-2153 X 110. We look forward to meeting your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Finnish first
Lancashire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

OK so it's a HIE at an airport so you don't expect anything special and you don't get it. Disinterested check in staff and insects on the bedside table are a couple of the negatives.

To be fair, the bed was comfortable and the room had all I needed so no major complaints but the area and building had a depressing feel which might lead me to look elsewhere next time I'm at MIA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear valued guests,
We are very saddened to hear of your stay and appreciate your feedback. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at 305-887-2153 X 110 for more information about your stay and I can assure you that we will work hard to do our very best to ensure our hotel and staff are up to your expectations the next time you travel to Miami.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here a few times when I've had to overnight at Miami Airport. It's geographically very close to the airport, but because of the roads it has to take to get to the airport, it takes a bit longer than you would expect. It's not bad though as it still only takes about 15 minutes via their shuttle.

The rooms are typical for a Holiday Inn Express -- nothing fancy, but everything is there and I've found the rooms I've been in to be clean. It's usually one of the cheaper options near the airport, so that's why I end up staying here. There isn't a whole lot near the hotel other than that though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area.
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the hotel. I was going on a cruise and wanted to get to Miami the night before. Booking was easy and the staff was super friendly. The hotel is clean and it offers a good breakfast buffet. Whenever I need to go to Miami this is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, we all appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to share with our staff and we will continue to work hard each and every day to ensure all our guests are as happy as you are!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to contact the hotel for a last-minute change to a trip that was booked through a third-party travel vendor, due to a family emergency. Trisha Molina, the General Manager, was warm, friendly, and responsive. She contacted me quickly and provided swift resolution to my reservation dilemna. I will definately use this hotel in the future, because customer service is their number one priority. I was treated as an individual and not a number, and that goes a long way.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you in the future, have a nice day!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Room selection: 2 double bed room with a sofa sleeper pull out

The Good:
*Though very close to airport, we weren't bothered by airline noise.
*Next door to IHOP and some type of bar&grill place. There were a few other places to eat 5 or 6 blocks down the street.
*At 11pm we returned to the hotel for the night and they had a security guard posted in the parking lot
*Hotel staff was prompt, courteous, and personable. I consider this very important.

The Bad:
*On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate cleanliness at a 6, maybe 7.
*Hotel seems somewhat dated
*Lobby extremely small.
*Elevators are right next to check-in/check-out desk, which makes it somewhat difficult to maneuver when it gets busy

The Ugly:
*Sofa sleeper pull out was extremely small. Sheets on sofa sleeper didn't appear to have been changed from last hotel guest
*Had to go to a different floor to access ice machine or vending area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to elevators and stairs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am happy to say that this particular Holiday Inn provided me with a very good taste in my mouth. William and Jon at the front desk were exceptional. The room was fIne. I was only overnighting so was not able to check out the area.

However, I have to comment about the shuttle for the Holiday Inn in Doral, where my reservation was made and the room was paid for through Hotel Planner. I waited at the airport for about 15 minutes before I saw a Holiday Inn shuttle. The driver advised me I needed to wait for the want for the Dural. At that time, I called and ended up waiting about 20 minutes before someone came on the line. In asking about their shuttle she advises me it is only runs at certain times. The reason I chose it is because the information I got said it had a 24/7 shuttle. While on the phone, another Holiday in shuttle passed, wrong one. After now being on the phone for about 10 minutes, I was transferred to Customer Support. They were not able to give me a specific time so I then asked about the shuttle in the early morning. While waiting another 10 minutes another Holiday Inn shuttle came and so I jumped on that one now thinking it was the right one since I saw the sign. When I got to the front desk,those nice workers could not find my reservation. In checking the address, they told me I was still at the wrong location. By this time, it was night and I was tired. All I wanted to do was sleep, get up early in the morning, catch my shuttle and leave. I called back the other hotel and they told me I needed to call Hotel Planner to change from one Hilton to the next. They could not do anything to assist me. Although the Hilton I ended up to was ok. I believe this will be my last stay with them because I keep hearing they don't give refunds.

They are still giving me a run around to try to get a refund.

STAY AWAY from Hotel Planner!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our front desk staff William and Jon, I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them. Please feel free to contact us direct so William and Jon may personally assist you with your future travels to the Greater Miami area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!