“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Northwest 36th Street (Doral Boulevard), Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Clermont, Florida, United States
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is centrally located, just north of Miami International Airport and you can't even hear the planes taking off. Their free-shuttle service picks you up from the airport and you are greeted inmediately by a friendly driver that will take you to the hotel. The front desk staff quickly checks you in and they are eager to satisfy all your needs in a friendly, courteous and very profesional way. We had a chance to meet the General Manager during breakfast the following morning. What a lovely person she was. No doubt she has trained her staff to work as a team and she is by far the best Team Leader we met. The amazing service we had for what we paid, a very affordable rate considering it is MiamiI, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I can't wait to book my next trip there.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport have a good view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind comments will be shared with our entire staff, it was truly our pleasure to host your stay while visiting the Greater Miami Area. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We accepted that this hotel did not have a restaurant on site; or a swimming pool on site; or an excercise room; and we were OK with the slightly musty smell in the room and the small queen size beds they called King beds. But when they sent check-ins with a maintenance man to try to enter our room at 2:00AM and then have the maintenance man slip a wire under the door to break in at 7:00am, our patience ended. Even the breakfast fell flat without sausage as we have had at other Holiday Inn expresses. The one thing you must have at a hotel is safety. We did not even get that. When we reported it to the manager, her response was that she would investigate the situation and give us a credit (whatever that means). Three days later and I have not even received an email to explain their case. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

As a company who do a lot of work in Miami this hotel is always our personnels first choice. They like the friendly and efficient staff, the good breakfast and the nice rooms.The location and the internet are a bonus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

good standard airport hotel with the usual HI express breakfast. Check-in was smooth & professional. but the airport shuttle....all the prior comments....seem correct. Even after calling hotel & waiting in the correct zone I had to stop their sister property (sleep inn) to journey to hotel only to find their shuttle driver enjoying a cigarette and hadn't even left . It took almost 40 mins from calling hotel to arrive there. It was only 7.30 pm !

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Spent two nights here and had the breakfast one day. The had a nice pre-made cheese omelets & yogurt. The juices were out of a machine, & they were horrible. I had room 416 which I asked for a very quiet room, and it was to my liking. The ice machine was on the third floor. The lobby had internet & they had an IHOP & Bar next door. I had desert at IHOP & a fish dinner at the next door sports bar, and it was very good. This hotel has something most others do not! A 24-hr airport free shuttle, & because the room had a refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker I was able to get them to give me yogurt & bananas for the 5AM check out. The restaurant area was not open till 0630-0930 and I was gone to the airport. I would stay here again due to the shuttle, and closest location to MIA airport. Fast in and fast out! Watch out for the shuttle, there are two different ones, and they leave from the front, and the under-ground parking. I missed mine because of that change.

Room Tip: 416 quiet room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The reviews about the awful shuttle service were spot on. I called immediately upon retrieving my bags and properly going to Level 2 of the airport to wait for the shuttle. The operator said to look for the van. I did. And then I looked some more. Finally, after waiting 45 minutes, I called again. No apology offered from the operator, just a "I'll radio the driver." Finally, after waiting for an hour, a shuttle came. The driver stated, "let's go!" And then proceeded to talk loudly in Spanish on his cell phone the rest of the way to the hotel. No apology whatsoever. I was the only person on it. Expecting an apology from the front desk agents, at least, I received none. The front desk agents, though efficient, were unprofessional, too busy chatting with each other and joking to offer professional service to me, apparently.

As a gold member, my welcome amenity was an apple, presented without a bag, and some 100 calorie cookies. No room upgrade whatsoever, and, in fact, it felt like I was offered the worst room on the floor. I was right next to the elevator, with two double beds, instead of the king that I had booked. Needless to say, I didn't sleep great. The amenities offered were only a shampoo, conditioner, and 2 bars of soap. No lotion, or anything else. As a previous poster stated, the water pressure in the shower is horrible. The breakfast buffet, at least, was good. Newspapers were not delivered to the room, but were available near the front desk. Again, the shuttle was late in the morning. I learned from this driver, who was friendlier, that their other shuttles are out of service, and they only have "one shuttle - 6 drivers." Go figure that one out.

I'm going back to the area soon, and will be avoiding this hotel. You should too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
HIXMIAGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear of your disappointment with the service you received at our hotel. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this experience might have caused you. While I understand your frustration regarding our shuttle, during your stay our second shuttle was under service for quality control to ensure the safety of our guests. For future reference, be sure to pick up your lugguage prior to calling the hotel, once the hotel is called, proceed upstairs to the arrival curbside area and look for the shuttle. I would like to personally speak with you and welcome you to contact the hotel directly at 305-887-2153 and ask for the general manager. Again, we truly apologize.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are small but clean. Hotel shuttle at airport was a mess. No signs anywhere except to say Ground Transportation on bottom level. After asking, we were directed to 2nd level where passengers are dropped off and waited 30 minutes. There's IHOP, McDonalds and Subway very close.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express at Miami Airport and for your review. Yes, when guests arrive at Miami International Airport, the luggage pickup is on the lower level, after getting luggage the hotel needs to be called, there is a complimentary hotel phone board available at each terminal on the lower level, then guests proceed 1 level upstairs, to the 2nd floor departure level, head outside by the curb and look for the hotel shuttle. Thank you.

Trisha Molina

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!