“Surprisingly Great food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Miami, Florida, United States
“Surprisingly Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My boyfriend bought a groupon so we decided to try this place out. The food is extremely delicious. Tuna Tartar is a must have, along with the Caribbean Mahi Mahi. Its a kinda hidden gem. The service is a little slow, but then again we went during the week. The waiters are very polite. Without the groupon the food would be kind of expensive, but with Groupon totally worth it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lousy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was our 2nd try. We wanted to be fair and give it once more since its local.
Even worse. Nobody to greet us, waited 25 min for water in plastic cups, server suggested a bowl of soup but brought a cup. My husbands food came after mine. The whole experience took over two hours. We had to look for our server to ring us up and in the end she swiped the credit card twice and we had to wait to get the charge removed from bank. Dirty place good only for elderly, drunks and karaoke lovers

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Dirty with horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was going on vacation to Miami and saw a Groupon deal. I bought the dinner for four. It was very bad weather so the other couple was not able to meet us that night. When my fiancé and I arrived at he restaurant they were filing a television show. There was no one to greet us at the door or when we walked into the side door. We walked through the bar and waited in the main dining area for ten minutes. The dining area was dirty along with the sticky menus. A server eventually came and seated us. I informed the server that I had a Groupon for four but the other party would not be coming. I called the restaurant when I was aware of the changes and I was told it would not be a problem. I was told that we could get the dinner for four because it was already paid for but they would expect a tip for the original value of the dinner for four. I had no problem with that. After ordering our small plates the server came back and stated the manager would not honor the Groupon. I informed the server of the date and time I called to inform the restaurant of the changes and I was told it was fine as long as the appropriate taxes and tips were paid. The manager came over and started yelling at me and my fiancé stating that she was not giving us two extra dinners. I informed her that I paid for four dinners and called in regards to the changes. She continued to yell and cause scene in front of other tables. I was horrified and offended at her response and got up to leave. She continued to yell about giving us more that what we paid for. Eventually we got into a heated argument in front of the remaining tables. EMBARASSING. Worst experience ever at any restaurant and I cant ever complain about the food because we never got any. LOL

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Urbandale, Iowa
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were on vacation and signed up for Groupon's for the Miami area before we went. We bought one for Holleman's. Very glad we did. Great value with the Groupon. Loved the potatoes augrautin and garlic butter steak. Service was a bit slow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida, United States
“HOLLEMANS IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE TRIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been to Holleman's a few times due to the recent flood of Groupons available. We typically go during the week, since we live in the Springs, and the restaurant is usually pretty dead. It does get busier around 8 or 9. I STRONGLY recommend you ask for Gina as a waitress, as she is polite, friendly and makes the experience a delight.

We had reservations at 8 pm and didn't leave until around 10. Considering we went to dinner with family and enjoyed appetizers, a main course, and desserts/coffee I felt that we were served in a timely manner and never felt that we were waiting around for our waiter or the food to come out! These other reviewers should be ashamed: you can't expect to get a good 3 course meal at fast-food speed!

I have not been disappointed with any item on Hollemans menu - I have not had every item on the menu, but I have had the Chicken parm, filet mignon, NY strip, Churrassco, Ribeye, and many more items I just can't remember now. For appetizers: the calamari, escargot, and pretty much everything is delicious! You can't go wrong.

In conclusion: service is not the quickest, but the food is delicious and the value of the Groupon makes it a no-brainer and DEFINITELY worth the trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere