“A turn of fortune” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A turn of fortune”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

While driving around looking for something to eat on our way to the Miami Airport we had the incredible luck to happen upon Crackers. We went in not knowing what to expect. It turned out to be a fabulous and very affordable breakfast. I had the special which was shrimp Benedict. Egg on a base made of grits with a shrimp topping and semi spicy sauce. That and the outstanding Bloody Mary set my long day of travel off on the right foot. If you are in Miami and around the airport, and if you can find it this is definitely the packer to eat. The staff was very friendly and attentive and paid attention to everything we might need.

This is now on my list for Miami again and again and again. Try to make it here, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

dnialcdlo
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We sat outside and the atmosphere was great. Very relaxed and fun. We all ordered something different and all good- the shrimp po boy looked the best of the three. The friend bread pudding dessert was super good and smelled like heaven.

Visited February 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our party of 13 was immediately seated at a series of long tables on the patio. The menu was a few pages long but not overwhelming and the specials seemed carefully thought out. Every once in a while it seemed as though our server was struggling with our party size but all-in-all our experience was wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Miami
“Shrimp and grits!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The best little unknown out of the way place you can ever get a bite in! The owners are very friendly. Their menu is delightful and they always have specials of the day. Rustic, inside and outdoor seating. The drinks are fairly priced too. Love it, have been here several times. Will recommend it completely without reservations.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Not very welcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I just visited Crackers in Miami Spring, Florida, just out of curiosity, as I had passed by several times and it always struck me as something attractive. I parked my car and walked in to the open dining area. There was no one there. I opened the door to the inside salon; there were several employees inside; they just looked at me and continued with what they were doing, then a young lady greeted me. She remarked, " No Spanish " when I first uttered some Spanish words. I spoke English, then and asked for the menu. I had the Jeehaw burger with fries and 2 Blue Moon beers. Employees walked in and out and no one even said, "hi", let alone a smile. One middle age blond in restaurant uniform walked in and gave a look that sounded like, " you don't belong here. I have to give my kuddos to the young lady ( I wished her name would have been visible ) who stood up for her restaurant and did her best to show that she cared for the new patron ( me ). I don't know if the restaurant is ethnic oriented, but the service and introduction in general was extremely cold. Perhaps, it had something to do with my cuban-hispanic-hybrid looks. The food and the beer were nice and the setting is to my tasting, but the human touch, warm welcome and service care were missing.

• Visited November 2013