“Great food, great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
“Great food, great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very laid back atmosphere with great food. Fried biscuits and pulled pork sliders for apps awesome. Fried chicken was wonderful, tasted the Sunrise shrimp and swine. Also great cobbler for dessert

Coral Gables, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cobbler Lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love going to Crackers, the atmosphere is so relaxing and casual without compromising a nice dinning experience. The service, in my opinion is one of their value adding differentiators. When my boyfriend and I visit them, they recognize us almost by name and always point us out to our favorite table.

They always have an original menu and the food is always very tasty. My favorite item is the dessert, Jo, the desserts master, makes every single one of them from scratch. My all time favorite is the peach cobbler.

You have to give them a try!

Visited October 2013
Anaheim, California
“Great start to our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I wish I lived in the area so I could become a regular at this charming family-run restaurant. After a full day traveling, found it online as somewhere close to where we were staying for one night before we headed down to The Keys and I'm so happy we found it! They have a really nice patio deck and are putting in seating in their beautiful garden area. Everything is homemade. Beginning with the delicious & crispy battered fried green tomatoes & the outstanding steak and potato soup of the day that was loaded with meat and veggies we really enjoyed our food. Desserts are also homemade & we loved the fried bread pudding!! Besides the delicious food what also makes this place a winner is the charming couple who are the proprietors who walk around and speak to the guests and make you feel very welcome & at home. My only regret is not living in the area... But when I return to Miami in the spring for my nieces wedding I hope to visit again!

Miami Springs, Florida
“Southern Charm in the Middle of Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not many people know that the city of Miami Springs exists, but those who venture into the city will find a piece of Americana in the middle of a very diverse area. Part of that largely is attributed to Cracker's Casual Dining. This mom n' pop establishment has a lot of hands on personal touches from the owners and the servers to make sure that you as a patron have a good experience. There are three areas you can sit - inside the dining room, under the large tiki hut or in the backyard surrounded by living art pieces and flowering vines that attract butterflies. Keep an eye out for their chalkboard specials of the day, they highlight 2 entrees every day, a soup, veggie of the day and it also lists their extensive homemade desserts.

Sundays mean brunch and this is the only brunch spot within the springs, so if you want a mimosa, café au lait, captain crunch French toast, eggs benedict (each Sunday offers a different version such as shrimp cake, pulled pork, meatloaf), omelets, latkes, and other great dishes that will fill your belly and help you to enjoy a sleepy Sunday plan to stop by, they have space for groups so I recommend connecting with friends and family over here. Starting at 1pm on Sundays you can get fried chicken and waffles or country fried steak as well.

During the week, my husband and I find this is our home away from home when we get off of work late and just don't want to head to our home and cook. Our favorite dishes include the chicken friend chicken breast covered in a savory country gravy, meat loaf with a green tomato gravy, their shrimp n grits are some of the best I have ever had. Don't forget to try the bacon jam to start your meal or ask what the app special for the day is, as sometimes pulled pork latkas or bag of bones (deep fried ribs) appear.

I always look forward to asking what is for dessert as the owner experiments with different cake flavors - recently grapefruit cake was added and it was tart, sweet and moist. Some standard cake flavors include black and white cake, red velvet, carrot cake, butterfinger, or if fruit is more your thing, there is a different cobbler each night, peach, blueberry, cherry, blackberry, Their signature dessert is the deep fried bread pudding which is one of their most popular dishes.

I highly recommend stopping by for a bite to eat, there is something on the menu for everyone and it is a place you can relax and have a good meal, conversation and not hurt your wallet.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida City, Florida
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a great place. We stopped by today and we truly enjoyed the meal, the ambiance and the staff was friendly and very personable. Jessica was not only a sweety but a really good server and made sure we were happy with our service. Even the other wait staff stopped by our table to see if we were happy and needed anything. I recommend stopping by and seeing it for yourself. The brunch menu had really good selections. Loved the Captain Crunch French toast. The breakfast potatoes were very good. Can't wait to come back for dinner and see what they have to offer. Owner was there and very nice to talk to...

• Visited September 2013