“Budget chic for a great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Budget chic for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

We missed our flight and ended up spending a night here since its right near the airport. What a pleasant surprise!!

They are remodeling, but it didn't disturb us at all. They are making the lobby more chic and they have a modern restaurant/lounge on the 9th floor. It is a bit over-priced but not bad considering there are few other options within walking distance.

The room was simple, but clean and modern. And it was super cheap.

You can't find a better place for the money.

• Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Frankfort, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

The other reviews are correct in that there is construction going on...but none that directly affected our stay. The lobby is EXTREMELY small, really not a lobby, more like a hallway on the way to the elevators, but it served its purpose. I think this is just temporary until the construction is done. They had fresh lemonade and cookies out when we arrived (about 5:30pm) and in the morning they had donuts and fresh coffee. We were given a room on the fifth floor., not sure which "tower" it was, but it was a remodeled section of the hotel. Since the construction was going on, we were given a coupon for a free drink in the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel and also a coupon for 50% off breakfast in the hotel restaurant-which we took advantage of. For the 4 of us, we had a delicious hot breakfast for about $20. The elevators were NICE. Nice room, nice floor. The room was big, larger than normal hotel rooms. The beds were SO comfortable and it was VERY clean. Our room had a flat screen TV, microway, fridge and safe. The view was of the expressway. The Bennigans was closed down. There was a Burger King across the street, but you would have to cross a major intersection to get to. Across the other corner was a liquor store and some kind of gas station, but that was about it. The pool was fine and clean and open until 10pm. We never heard noise oustide our room. The hotel shuttle was at the airport when we arrived. We flew into the Miami International Airport-when you get down to get your luggage, you will need to call the hotel directly. Their number is not on the board with all the other hotels to be able to use the airport phone, so make sure you take their phone number with you. We took a cab to South Beach-about 20-25 minutes away...it was $32 each way. Sign up for the free shuttle to the port when you check in . This was a big reason we stayed here, so we did not have to pay for hotel to port shuttle. We cruised on the Majesty with Royal Carribean. When the boat docked and we were back in the port, we caught a cab back to the airport. Dont worry about the lack of cabs - there are plenty there waiting to take you. Flat rate to the airport from the port for 4 people is $25 + tip. They cabbies will tell you....$25 +tip. Took about 15 mintues to get there. I will use this hotel again. Rate was about $100. A little far out, not much around, but the hotel shuttle, port shuttle and discounted breakfast made it worth it. We heard planes over head a few times but not enough to deter us from staying again.

• Liked — Free Airport Shuttle & Free Port Shuttle
  • Disliked — Size of Lobby
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

My family stayed at The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport on a way to a Cruise to the Bahamas.

This is my third time at this hotel and the improvements are clear.
Excellent rooms with a large flat screen TV and comfortable bed, beautiful restaurant on 9th floor with a skyline view of Miami but what have strike me the most is the customer service, we felt very appreciated from the time we were picked up from the airport (yes, they offer 24 hours of complimentary transportation from the Miami International Airport and one way transportation to the port of Miami).

Great staff, great hotel, great amenities, great customer service and the price is right.

We are definitely coming back next year.

Ana Freitas

• Liked — Rooms are very confortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We stayed here for a one night pre-cruise stay in July because it offered free long-term parking. The hotel itself was nice. We stayed in the main building and had a double bed and king bed rooms for my husband, three year old and my parents. Both rooms were very nice with new large flat-screen TVs. They did have wall air conditioning units which I didn't really like. I was surprised by how quiet it was given the fact that you are litterally at the end of the runway at the airport. We ate breakfast in the hotel restuarant (at the top of the hotel) which had good food but somewhat poor service.
However if you do stay at this hotel DO NOT use the JuMa's Transportation Service in the lobby! The hotel will drop you off at the port (about 15 minute ride) but for reasons I don't understand they can't pick you up. So we booked (at $10 per person- $40 total) a ride back from the ship and were told to call when we got our luggage. We got our luggage at about 8am and were told the shuttle would be there at 8:30am. By 9:00 we had called about 5 times, talked to a driver of another one of their shuttles and been told three thimes that they would be there "in ten minutes". At 9:30am we took a cab ($25 total for the 4 adults and 1 child) and the driver called and told us again that he would be there "in ten minutes" I told him to forget it. They did refund our money but it left a bitter taste at the end of an otherwise great cruise. Just take a cab it is cheaper and MUCH faster.

• Liked — Hotel Rooms were nice
  • Disliked — Had wall A/C units
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
frankfort, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

I booked this hotel on priceline. It is categorized as a 3 star.
I paid 80.00 for one night pre-cruise. At the airport, the hotel shuttle picked us up pretty promptly. We waited about 20 minutes. Once inside the van, the driver was very nice, offered us a cold water and took us to the hotel. Check in was ok, they could not find the reservation at first, but soon discovered that my name was entered incorrectly. Received room 228 in the 2nd tower, overlooking the construction trailer, garbage storage, and I think maybe kitchen back entrance. The room itself was clean and in good repair. We ate a light supper in their top floor restaurant, a little bit pricey , but the food and the view were very good. Check out was simple, and the hotel provided free shuttle to the port in the morning. Overall this was fine for the $$ paid and was not nearly as horrible as I expected after reading some reviews here.

• Liked — free shuttle service from airport and to the port of Miami
  • Disliked — room location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

I have stayed with this hotel two times now as my plane ticket on both sides required me to stay overnight in Miami. I am pleased with my stay overall and for the right purposes definitely recommend this hotel...

Physical building: while if you look you can see this building itself was not built within the last few years (i.e. nicks in some doorframes, perhaps see a spot where there was a paint job from a previous style of decoration), the building has been cared for and money has been invested into keeping the hotel up. In the two rooms I have been in, you can see obvious new carpeting, lighting, wallpaper, etc. Public spaces are cared for. In fact, on the first stay, not only did they do normal things like clean the room, they brought a new flat-screen TV for me! Okay, it was coincidence they were installing the TV's while I was in my particular room, but they are installing the big flat-screens in all the rooms.

Beds: Oh, my gosh...they are seemingly new pillowtop mattresses and I don't think you'll want to get out of the bed! Additionally, the beds I've had automatically had some regular and down pillows. It was a great bed overall.

Staff: The Front Desk is friendly and helpful. Restaurant staff wasn't overly friendly, but not surly either. You should be okay with the staff. Shuttle/bellman staff was generally helpful too.

Location: This may be a downside for you...honestly, there isn't much around the property in terms of touristy stuff. About all I saw was two fast food restaurants and a Bennigan's a few blocks away. There is the hotel's restaurant, though. The hotel seems to be really focused to the customer who needs to be near the airport. For that purpose, it's fine. However, if you don't have a car, you may be a little stranded. The shuttle, I'm told, is only for back and forth to the airport (and other reviewers say to the Port, but I can't comment on that). If you need/want attractions near your hotel, this location is probably not for you.

Overall, this Holiday Inn seems to be one of the better ones and for the property itself I can again recommend it. Just be mindful of the location issue.

• Liked — The beds! They were really spectacular...Look out Westin Heavenly Beds (well, I think, anyway...)
  • Disliked — Location and lack of proximity to tourist-type attractions.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

Ok If I paid $159 a night for it, yes I would be disappointed. We paid $70 - Priceline.com name your own price. We stayed in tower 2, room 422. King bed, clean room. We only stayed one night post cruise.

• Liked — The Price!
  • Disliked — The location, sort of hard to find.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!