“Location near the Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Thornhill, Ontario
“Location near the Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Location is less than 15 minutes from airport. So this is very convenient location and there are some restaurants, fast food available but not within walking distance. To get to anywhere, you will need a car. We only stayed one night prior to boarding to a cruise trip. Did not spend much time in the hotel, breakfast not included but there is an on site snack bar where you can get something to eat.

There are several one way streets in the area and you may need a GPS to get around.

Free Wi-Fi but speed not very fast. Checking emails probably fine, but surfing the web may need more patience.

If you rent a car, try to fill up at a gas station nearby before returning. The price there was slight over $3 per gallon whereas the gas station near the car rental offices is > $4 per gallon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Visitor_Thornhill,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are glad to read your positive comments with our location. It is our goal to provide great hotel experiences and we apologize for the inconvenience the poor internet connection had caused you. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed so we can take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Room was nice and newer. Staff was so so. Passed employees in the halls and they did not speak or acknowledge us. Great location and minutes from airport. I would probably stay again but not first choice. In room coffee was not good - go maxwell house or folgers.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Kenford1,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Was here for one night until I caught my flight to Cancun, Mexico. Well my first experience with the hotel is, I had to wait about a hour to get the shuttle to the hotel. Next once I arrived at the hotel had to stand in a long line just to get my room. If I would of know that airlines use this hotel when flights are cancelled I would not have come here. I am not saying the hotel is bad at all, the rooms and lobby was nice. Next went to the restaurant to get something to eat and there was a quite a few people that wanted to eat. Well once I was seated did not receive menu and was told that the only thing to eat was beef w/ rice & fries. Well once I received the food and ate just a little of it, the fries I ate all of them was given a bill for $25. Come find out that since the airline is paying for the meal they were charging $25 per person. Once I told them I was a paying customer they gave me another bill for $20. I told the manager that meal was not worth $20 and I refuse to pay that amount. At the end I was only charged $8.65 for my meal.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear russ6212,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Connie D
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst awaiting a connecting flight. Given that I paid for it at a budget site it was a good deal for the money. The staff was nice and the room was okay. I'd stay again under the same circumstances but not for an extended time.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear YolandeL,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you appreciate the hotel staff and room accommodations and rate. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Aberdeen, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I and my family had to get a hotel room due to weather canceling our flight (airline kept our luggage too). With that being said, the airline picked this hotel and had us stay here at a discounted rate. Just the scenery getting to our room left something to be desired. The hotel, in my opinion, was in raggedy condition, especially in the hallways and stairwells. I didn't feel safe traveling through to the lobby without company. The best looking thing in that hotel was the restaurant on the top floor - and that's a shame. Even worse, the manager at the time knew about the pizza menus (found on the floor of the hotel room) being fraudulent and didn't tell guests anything about it! Usually hotels have amenities available if you need them (shower cap, razors, body wash, etc.), but the only thing they had was shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. There was a toiletry vending machine which was great.....had it been fully stocked. If I had to choose a hotel, I never would have picked this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Joni B,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guests. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon..

Karen C
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

In April we were coming home from St Kitts and missed our flight...what a nightmare, don't ask. My friend took out her phone and found this hotel. Look for their van and get a ride to the hotel (we were misinformed of hotel name and where looking for van for too long and finally took a cab) Ok..what's the very good part you ask. Once we got to the very busy hotel, the staff could not be nicer. We waited in a short long but then we were given our keys to our small but clean rooms. The hotel is currently under renovation. We were so hungry and told the restaurant was on the top floor. One side of the top floor is a night club but the other is the restaurant. We ordered the paella and it was EXCELLENT. Service was very good as was the wine. Thank you all for making a very bad travel day ..... and turning it around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

arranged one night stay to meet tour... free shuttle (green and white van!!) circles airport about every 30 minutes; front desk staff was helpful and pleasant if a bit stressed the night I stayed as computer system down, but speedy check in nonetheless!! room is lovely with king bed, lots of pillows; bathroom clean with travel amenities; free wifi in rooms. walking distance to two fast food locations, but also snack bar and restaurant in hotel.

Room Tip: user friendly for ada...