“Airport hotel not too bad if free.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Royal Poinciana Boulevard, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Surprise, Arizona
“Airport hotel not too bad if free.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was decent enough. Bed was super comfy and lots ofnpillows to chose from. The AC was nice and cold and bathroom wasnt too dirty. The free shuttle is supposed to run ever 15 min but is more like 25 min. The bus we took from airport to hotel had no ac, lights, and the door didnt work.

• Stayed June 2014
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience, we are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant stay with us, we have addressed your concerns with one of our shuttles and you can be assured this issue was taken care off, it was the result of a fuse that went down that night and the vehicle was removed from service at your arrival and repaired the next day. I am happy to hear that the rest of your stay was of your satisfaction and we hope you can give us another opportunity to be of service the next time you are in Miami.

Markos A Rivas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Homosassa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My first time at this property and I plan to stay here again. You can never get a second chance at a first impression - and these folks nailed it. Upon walking in, I was immediately concerned because the airport shuttle just pulled up with a bunch of people ready to also check in. Much to my delight was a cordoned line dedicated to Gold and Platinum customers - ME!!!! They checked me in immediately and treated me to a couple of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies (yummy). My room was much larger than expected, immaculately clean, and suprisingly quiet considering the proximity to the airport. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service, specially being an IHG Rewards member we strive to recognize and provide all of our IHG Rewards members with the proper welcome and recognition as well as benefits they can count on, I will surely share your kind comments with our wonderful front office staff and we hope that you can visit us again in your next visit to Miami

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel, the breakfast was fantabulous and the employees are only too happy to help make your stay "the best." I was not particularly satisfied with the first room afforded us & asked if I could please get another. At that moment I felt like I was being picky & stated, "never mind it isn't important." The woman quickly stated that it was important and she wanted my stay to be the best and that she will do everything in her power to accomplish this. All the employees at this Holiday Inn had that same positive energy, and we had the best stay while in Miami. Also there was a small yet great organic restaurant/jewelry store right around the corner, in walking distance, which enhanced the stay.

Room Tip: there is construction going on across the street from the Hotel; consequently, make sure your room i...
Green Features: They recycle and are environmentally friendly concerning bed linen & towels which I am in agreement with.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, your comments regarding your staff are very much appreciated and I have shared them with our staff. Our staff is empowered and encouraged to do what ever it takes to make our guest's stay a great experience and your comments are living proof that they are committed and engaged in that process.

I hope that you can visit us again in the future.

Pulloxhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here on my own for 2 nights in June 2014.

When I arrived at about half past nine in the evening, I was feeling quite stressed, having suffered the standard US Immigration treatment at Orlando, then having rushed to catch my connecting flight to Miami.

The hotel has a free shuttle which they say runs every half hour to and from the airport. I must have just missed one, because shuttles to just about every other hotel in the area seemed to come and go at least once each before the Holiday Inn shuttle appeared. It was not a comfortable experience, waiting outside the main concourse of Miami airport with all the traffic coming and going, on a very warm and humid evening. I had to prove to the driver that I actually had a reservation at the hotel before he would let me board the shuttle.

The reception staff were not especially friendly. They were efficient but I didn't notice anything like a smile or a word of welcome. They surely must be used to dealing with stressed travellers and they could do so much to make things better with a few simple things.

My first impression - which continued throughout my stay here - was that the hotel was in need of refurbishment and refreshment of all the fixtures and fittings. Everything looks quite well worn, as if it was last replaced about 20 years ago. This includes the reception area, the lifts, the restaurant and, most importantly, the room.

There was nothing particularly wrong with anything: everything works, including the flat-screen TV (one of the better points, in fact); and the bathroom, although looking a bit old now, was clean and very functional. The aircon cooled the room effectively, but even on the lowest fan setting, it was very, very noisy.

In contrast to the above, the bed was very, very comfortable, and two types of pillow - firm and soft - were already there in the room. This was a real plus point.

I used the restaurant for breakfast. The brekfast buffet is a little unappetising in appearance but you can probably find something to eat. I certainly didn't go hungry. The restaurant staff were very pleasant.

Clearly this hotel is quite busy with people coming for a short time and leaving again, but I didn't have any problem with noise from other guests. Nevertheless, my room on the 3rd floor did suffer with noise from the roads outside and from aircraft leaving Miami airport. However, when the aircon is running, it drowns out everything else anyway.

If you want to get anywhere beyond the immediate vicinity, you're going to need a car. You really can't walk anywhere worth walking to. At least that was my impression from a quick exploration around the hotel. You're surrounded by roads and construction.

In summary, I would say that this hotel meets its goal as an airport hotel where you will likely stay no more than a couple of nights. For longer stays, I would prefer something different.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which doesn't face the airport or roads.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear chrissw,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to have hosted you recently and I am delighted that you found our beds and pillows comfortable. However, it is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected by the noise levels and by some amenities not meeting your expectations. Your comments have been taken into serious account as we would like to use them to bring improvement on our end.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again and provide you with the best hotel experience that we could offer.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I booked here because my usual hotel Holiday Inn Downtown didn't have available rooms. I am so glad I did.
The location is perfect, the shuttle is prompt, the hotel staff are courteous and the value cannot be beaten.
Staying here opened my traveler experience in so many ways.
This is a venue I highly recommend and will use often.

• Stayed June 2014
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, our proximity to the Port of Miami and transportation service to and from the Port as well as the Miami Airport have made us a preferred hotel for pre and post cruise travelers. Our recently finished renovation of all rooms and public areas and wonderful staff ensures our guests enjoy a hassle free vacation while getting ready for your cruise.

We hope that we have an opportunity to be your host on your next cruise.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Last May was provided a travel voucher providing a discount from American Airlines due to weather issues and forced to stay overnight. The shuttle bus refused to pick me up. I called the hotel and they claimed no rooms when I told them I had a voucher. I called the reservation number for IHG reservation line and looked online. Both showed rooms available. I called back and the manager said I needed a reservation. I asked how to get a reservation at the voucher rate. He rudely said that was my problem. I went ahead and got a reservation for a higher rate just so I could have a room for the night and figured we could work it out once I got the reservation which indicated they had a room and then we could work out the difference in price between the reservation price and the voucher price. They refused the voucher and stated they would only check me in if I paid in advance. AVOID this place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Mr.Hall,

We have responded to your claims through IHG Guest Relations and personally to the phone number provided as well as your e mail. It was explained that the third party that provided you with a discount voucher had already exhausted their allotment of rooms and this was communicated to you and the issuer of the voucher, we offered through Guest Relations to issue a credit as good will for the difference paid of $75 dollars and you declined our offer requesting instead a 100% refund on your stay. We have done everything possible to make this right for you with a reasonable resolution to your case but we have not been able to agree.
My offer stands if you are willing to accept our resolution.

You can contact me at markos@himiaia.com

Regards

Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We missed our connecting flight out of Miami and had to stay overnight. The airline put us up at this hotel and although we were upset at having our travel plans changed, the staff here did everything to try and make up forget about that. the front desk was wonderful and the people in the restaurant were great-the food was good too as was the music and dancing at the nightclub attached to the restaurant. Rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 12 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 514 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!